PDA

View Full Version : Racism?

Camci
17-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Are you racist?

Alot of people are but are you...

POLL!

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator): Thead closed due to being bumped.

Sunny.
17-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Sometimes I can be, but its not intentional.

Are you?

.saurav.
17-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Sometimes as a joke.

Like I would text a mate of mine with "hey white girl" ... but its just a joke.

Jackk
you spelt it wrong in thread title and no im not.

Faye
im not whatsoever , don't agree with racism. but , how come its alrite for black people to say some words like the word emily got kicked out of big bro for saying , eg , like in songs. but its not okay for white people to say it ?

Callum.
17-06-2007, 08:32 PM
well when a black person stole my mates bike i did call him a err

Dan2nd
17-06-2007, 08:33 PM
no I'm not I think its wrong :l

Camci
Im racist some times, its depends what the situation, who they are. But mostly i wont do it intentianally, i just make a comment, like i would about a mate but its racist

gosling
i wouldn't say i discriminate people because of their race, but I do say some dodgy things out of context at times (only at a personal level), that some might find offensive. 2nd box probably applies.

Sunny.
17-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Exactly, its meant in that way its like a joke.

Tash.
17-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Sometimes as a joke.

Like I would text a mate of mine with "hey white girl" ... but its just a joke.

Haha you goon :P

Anyway, nah i'm not. In fact it really angers me, especially when it's intended offensively.

FlyingJesus
17-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Not seriously, but I do talk in a racist way quite often. If it offends people that's their problem not mine, I'm only having a laugh.

Energizer
17-06-2007, 10:09 PM
err yh, sometimes.

:Liam
17-06-2007, 10:12 PM
No, I dont agree with any form of discrimination.

Jazza
17-06-2007, 10:13 PM
im not whatsoever , don't agree with racism. but , how come its alrite for black people to say some words like the word emily got kicked out of big bro for saying , eg , like in songs. but its not okay for white people to say it ?

Because you can't be rascist against a skin colour or religion that you belong to.

As for the question no I'm not

Jamie!
17-06-2007, 10:20 PM
if anyone here spoke to me in real life you'd all probably think i was racist, but i ain't.. things just slip out of my mouth and sound racist when i'm just messing about.

Shawnstra
18-06-2007, 04:32 AM
In some cases...

-Soph-
18-06-2007, 05:03 AM
occasionally I may laugh at the occasional racist joke if it's not upsetting anyone around me. I VERY rarely say one myself.
I'd never be racist in all seriousness.

Virgin Mary
18-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Yes, to Liizziiee =]

summer
18-06-2007, 06:37 AM
anything i say is as a joke. i'm not proper racist, as in like avoiding people just because they're black or whatnot.

Adam!
18-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Yeah, when it comes to terrorists and what not.

-Soph-
18-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Yeah, when it comes to terrorists and what not.

I guess everyone does that even if you deny it.

@xP
18-06-2007, 06:54 AM
If someones racist to me, I'm racist to them :)

cocaine
18-06-2007, 06:55 AM
nah, if I do i'll only be joking, or because the group of black year ten's have stolen the year nine tennis court.

:Hazel
18-06-2007, 09:10 AM
It really does depend in which context e.g. terrorism issues and whatever that that context i suppose yes. i'd never ever intentionally call anyone a name though.

SusieC
18-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm not a racist. It's wrong to treat people differently because of the colour of their skin, their background or their race.

lAdmire
21-06-2007, 02:03 AM

Well, for one, white people if you're talking about the "n" word, it all started with the whites && then the black people these days think of it just as another word. White people can't say it because it goes back to slavery days. Black people shouldn't say it because back then it was a hate word && it's wrong. Today when you say it it's like oh no surprise. I find it wrong. On both sides it's wrong to use it, get rid of the word.

bo$$
21-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Not at all.
Whether I'm p*ssed at someone or they are a terrorist or whatnot...
I never do.
Racism is just stupid.
Theres no point to it :l

Jamie!
09-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I was on the way home from a night on the lash, you know the kind where you spend the busride itemising your bar tab, and trying to account for a rogue £30. I was sitting on the top deck of the bus, which contained your general night bus riffraff.

At the back of the bus were five young black guys, who were vociferously discussing their night's activities, which on turning my ipod down appeared to have consisted of a series of muggings. They then turned their attention to the other occupants of the bus, loudly making derogative comments on people's hair, clothes, girlfriend etc. This was where I started to get slightly apprehensive: I have a shaved head and was wearing a Maiden t-shirt. I couldn't have been more conspicuous if I had a swastika tattooed on my scalp.

I decided to remove myself from a potentially nasty situation: I was a few stops from home, and when comparing a five minute walk and a reet good shoeing, the former seemed a far more attractive proposition. I got up, rang the bell and made my way downstairs. However, just as I stepped off the bus I heard a commotion upstairs, and the five guys came running down the stairs. I turned round and got off the bus, with them squeezing out of the closing doors.

I got that feeling, the one where your adrenal gland has just been booted into action by the shudder of cold fear spasming through your body. I was walking away from the bus stop, and heard them shout after me. 'Fight' didn't get a look in - 'flight' muscled it's way into my brain, and I was just about to leg it when a couple of guys who were up in no good started making trouble in my neighbourhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said you're moving with your auntie and uncle in bel-air. I begged and pleaded with her day after day but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket: I put my walkman on and said I might as well kick it. First class, yo this is bad,Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of bel-air living like, hmm this might be alright! But wait I hear they're prissy and all that, is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat? I don't think so I'll see when I get there: I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air. Well the plane landed and when I came out there was a dude looked like a cop standing there with my name out. I ain't trying to get arrested yet - I just got here - I sprang with the quickness like lightning disappeared: I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought 'Man, forget it' yo home to Bel-Air. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo Homes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointlessly bump old threads.

Kardan
09-10-2008, 08:46 PM
No - but I guess I've been influenced by stereotypes too much... For example if I saw someone doing something strange on a plane, I'd be more worried if it was someone that wasn't white. But I put that down to the media.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!