PDA

View Full Version : GTA4 Information

Neil
18-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I was bored in ICT so decided to see some information on GTA4, not much has been posted about what we expect to see so I will xD
All information from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA4)

If you can't be bothered to look through all that I'll summerise.

- You play as Niko Bellic, he is an Eastern-European immigrant in his mid-thirties that has come to Liberty City seeking the American dream (free living and all that)

- Liberty City is once again the location the game is held, which is the Rockstar version of New York, all the right places are there but renamed, Broker is Brooklyn, Manhattan is now called Algonquin, Queens is now Dukes, the Bronx is Bohan, and New Jersey is Alderney.
Landmarks in the game will include, Coney Island Cyclone, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building and the MetLife Building (GetaLife in game), Statue of Liberty has also been renamed for the game and is now Statue of Happiness, the game map isn't as big as San Andreas but it is meant to take about an hour to get from one side to the other

- Streets are all individually named for the new way to find where to go during missions (beats mission markers) I assume you'll have some form on PDA, we'll see.

- Almost all missions are started using Nikos mobile phone, another unique feature is that with the mobile phone you may now call other people aswell.

- Stealing cars is now more realistic, you will now break the window and unlock it from the inside other than opening the door and driving off with possibly an alarm.

- There IS online multiplayer and co-op, unfortunatly it wont be co-op on the single player missions (like Saints Row co-op)

- When shooting you will go into a view above the shoulder, like when you aim on GoW I assume, it is possible to auto-lock, hand to hand combat is also being reworked.

- You can now climb telephone poles and fire escapes.

- Nikos outfit can be changed but his physical appearance can't

- Xbox 360 will receive 2 exclusive "episodes" in the xbox live marketplace for an unknown amount of Microsoft points

- The things listed below will come with the special edition version of the game

* A Rockstar keychain for the safe deposit box keys.
* A limited edition Rockstar duffel bag.
* Production artwork from GTA IV in the "Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book".
* Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release.
* A specially packaged version of the game for either PS3 or Xbox 360.

- More buildings will be accessable by the player, sky scapers will be used and you will be able to throw people off of them

- No airplanes will be obtainable, helicopters will be but an airport is in the game.

- The options that are available on Nikos phone are, Phonebook, Messages, Organizer, and Camera.

- The sound of the game has been improved, you will hear cars, the water, possibly many other things while roaming the city of Liberty City

- No loading screens

Hope this is something some people might like =]

Bomb-Head
18-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Wow, nice info + rep

Nixt
18-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all that :)! +Rep also.

Neil
18-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow, nice info + rep

Thanks for all that :)! +Rep also.

Thanks, read the main page for it all if you haven't already, includes more detailed information for a lot of things and a small part of the plot, I didn't include that because some people might wanna wait for the release of the game

kyle♥
18-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Nice info there inspector gadget.

GTA4 Coming for 360?

Neil
18-06-2007, 02:06 PM

GTA4 Coming for 360?

Yes - Why the hell do we have to post so much just to say yes?

:Hazel
18-06-2007, 02:08 PM
this is defo the most anticipated game im waiting for :P

Neil
18-06-2007, 02:09 PM
this is defo the most anticipated game im waiting for :P

Yea same, I was sitting in my lesson just looking and was like "oh my god..."

Fez
18-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I'll be getting Special Edition for 360.

PS3 version will be a port.

Neil
18-06-2007, 02:57 PM

Yep, PS3 is port, GTA4 is made for the 360 really

Jamesy
18-06-2007, 02:58 PM

can we not turn this into a console wars thing?
it wont be a port anyway, the guy in charge of making it said the Xbox was making it more difficult. But thats not the point.

This is a very anticipated game for both sides of the "console war" So lets just bide our time and wait till october. :) Sure to be brilliant!

mangle
18-06-2007, 03:15 PM
If i was going to buy one game this year it would be this.
Rockstar have put so much effort into it i just know its going to be great. Im getting it pre ordered for my bday :D

Neil
18-06-2007, 03:16 PM
If i was going to buy one game this year it would be this.
Rockstar have put so much effort into it i just know its going to be great. Im getting it pre ordered for my bday :D

I'm gonna pre-order on my birthday, then I have to wait like 2 months =[ but I think Bioshock comes out a few days before my birthday so I wont be that bored

kyle♥
18-06-2007, 03:29 PM
can we not turn this into a console wars thing?
it wont be a port anyway, the guy in charge of making it said the Xbox was making it more difficult. But thats not the point.

This is a very anticipated game for both sides of the "console war" So lets just bide our time and wait till october. :) Sure to be brilliant!

Shut up fan boy.

Neil, I just asked a question, why the hell do you need to be so arrogant? :@.

Neil
18-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Shut up fan boy.

Neil, I just asked a question, why the hell do you need to be so arrogant? :@.

Ok? What did I do? :S

Edit - No body say "this will be better on whatever console" because no one cares, this is about GTA4, not consoles, to shut people up, GTA4 is being made mainly with 360 in mind (as they've had access to it longer) but it doesn't mean it'll be a bad game on PS3, so talk about the game and anything in the game, achievements that you think will be in the game but keep "console wars" out of my thread

Jamesy
18-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok? What did I do? :S

Edit - No body say "this will be better on whatever console" because no one cares, this is about GTA4, not consoles, to shut people up, GTA4 is being made mainly with 360 in mind (as they've had access to it longer) but it doesn't mean it'll be a bad game on PS3, so talk about the game and anything in the game, achievements that you think will be in the game but keep "console wars" out of my thread

thats what i was saying, that this aint about consoles its about the game. But somebody decided to call me a fanboy and to shut up, even tho i was trying to say NOT to be fanboys about this.

kyle♥
18-06-2007, 04:33 PM
I say that, and you say that. That's what you done.

GTA4 Coming for 360?

Yes - Why the hell do we have to post so much just to say yes?

Neil
18-06-2007, 04:39 PM
I say that, and you say that. That's what you done.

Yea I said Yes to you then was just generally saying why the hell we need to post so much just to say yes because you can't type less than 6 characters

Fez
18-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Thats why I meant the PS3 version was a port

Azul
18-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Nice post, mod sticky this so it can be for GTA4 info and a discussion thread.

Neil
18-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Nice post, mod sticky this so it can be for GTA4 info and a discussion thread.

Would be nice but these get closed because people always debate what console is best in like every thread =/

Frodo13.
18-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Yep, PS3 is port, GTA4 is made for the 360 really

Dont know HOW you can say that when GTA was originally a PS game, they will probz work even harder on the PS3 version.

Neil
18-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Dont know HOW you can say that when GTA was originally a PS game, they will probz work even harder on the PS3 version.

Na, they're making it for the 360 then changing it in places for the PS3 one, and actually, GTA was originally a PC game

Frodo13.
18-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Na, they're making it for the 360 then changing it in places for the PS3 one, and actually, GTA was originally a PC game

And is this where we make the link to computers to Xbox? Rockstar are finding GTA4 for 360 a mega problem atm. They are soo used to working on the Sony consoles that it is such a change for them.

GTA4 is made for PS3...fact.

Neil
18-06-2007, 05:27 PM
And is this where we make the link to computers to Xbox? Rockstar are finding GTA4 for 360 a mega problem atm. They are soo used to working on the Sony consoles that it is such a change for them.

GTA4 is made for PS3...fact.

Yea they've almost finished it? And GTA4 is made for 360 because it's mostly made with the 360, unless you want to wait another 5 years for them to remake it using PS3? GTA4 is for 360, it'll be on PS3 aswell but it's going to be a port

Fez
18-06-2007, 05:33 PM
He's correct-amundo.

Thats why I'm getting GTA IV : Special Edition for the 360.

Frodo13.
18-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Right Neil, Im ready to admitt I was wrong, but you were too. Got this little bit off Wikipedia...

''According to a Rockstar spokesperson, development originally began on the Xbox 360 because earlier development access was available, but it has also been stressed that "there is no target console" and both versions will be technically very similar''.

Right, as you can see here, development did first start on 360, but only because the facilities were available. The game is not MADE for any perticular console. I think it is obvious that GTA3, VC and SA were made for the PS2, as Xbox owners had a long wait for the game, but this game is not.

Neil
18-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Right Neil, Im ready to admitt I was wrong, but you were too. Got this little bit off Wikipedia...

''According to a Rockstar spokesperson, development originally began on the Xbox 360 because earlier development access was available, but it has also been stressed that "there is no target console" and both versions will be technically very similar''.

Right, as you can see here, development did first start on 360, but only because the facilities were available. The game is not MADE for any perticular console. I think it is obvious that GTA3, VC and SA were made for the PS2, as Xbox owners had a long wait for the game, but this game is not.

Yea I was about to say, it was made using the 360 at first because they couldn't use PS3 and yea GTA3, VC and SA were obviously PS2 because I think PS2 got VC before xbox even got 3 xD

Frodo13.
18-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Yea I was about to say, it was made using the 360 at first because they couldn't use PS3 and yea GTA3, VC and SA were obviously PS2 because I think PS2 got VC before xbox even got 3 xD

Glad we got that settled then :D

Neil
18-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Glad we got that settled then :D

Lol, PS3 owners will be really pee'd though :rolleyes:

Frodo13.
18-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Lol, PS3 owners will be really pee'd though :rolleyes:

Only thing I'll be pee'd at is no exclusive content, but tbh, I wouldnt be missing much even if they did, because I cant get my PS3 online.

Neil
18-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Only thing I'll be pee'd at is no exclusive content, but tbh, I wouldnt be missing much even if they did, because I cant get my PS3 online.

I think PS3 will get exclusive content aswell xD

Aflux
18-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Almost all missions are started using Nikos mobile phone, another unique feature is that with the mobile phone you may now call other people aswellHardly unique - SR has it...

I think PS3 will get exclusive content aswell xD
Nope - it's been confirmed PS3 will get no exclusive content after MS tipped R* with $50m for exclusive content.

Neil
18-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Hardly unique - SR has it...

Nope - it's been confirmed PS3 will get no exclusive content after MS tipped R* with $50m for exclusive content.

Poor PS3 owners lol and yea, but the one in SR is used to call random stuff like 911 and "Homies" it's not used to start missions

Aflux
18-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Poor PS3 owners lol and yea, but the one in SR is used to call random stuff like 911 and "Homies" it's not used to start missions
True, you can call ambulance and chicken Ned though :P

Neil
18-06-2007, 06:49 PM
True, you can call ambulance and chicken Ned though :P

And the Zombie, forgot her name rofl xD

chips
18-06-2007, 06:53 PM

thats stupid spending $50m on it when it will sell the same if not more on ps3

Aflux
18-06-2007, 06:57 PM
thats stupid spending $50m on it when it will sell the same if not more on ps3
We're on about downloadable content.

burton-x
18-06-2007, 06:59 PM
awesome stuf!
+rep,
no planes?
=[
xx

Frisky
18-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Shame i dont have a 360 then! ;[

Aflux
18-06-2007, 07:01 PM
awesome stuf!
+rep,
no planes?
=[
xx
No, it'd be stupid because it's just one city - a huge city.

They're making it realistic.

Jamesy
18-06-2007, 07:18 PM
helicopters could be fun with 6AXIS (ps3) if they feature it

kyle♥
19-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Yea I said Yes to you then was just generally saying why the hell we need to post so much just to say yes because you can't type less than 6 characters

Oh, right sorry.

Blinger1
19-06-2007, 07:38 AM
will it be on psp :D?

kyle♥
19-06-2007, 08:16 AM

Could be after a while if it's a success on 360/PS3.

Neil
19-06-2007, 08:32 AM

I doubt it'll have the graphics it will on 360 and PS3 but yea it could come to PSP

le harry
19-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Wow, a game I'll actually get :P

Ashley 12344
19-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Can't wait :)

I've said before, if San Andreas is anything to go by this WILL be the ONLY game I need of 360.

I can still play San Andreas on PS2, and have been doing for quite a while :)

Still enjoy planes though :( Even if its one city.
How can it take an hour to navigate the map if its smaller? :S SA can be gone around the outside in like 25 mins - by car.

Neil
19-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Can't wait :)

I've said before, if San Andreas is anything to go by this WILL be the ONLY game I need of 360.

I can still play San Andreas on PS2, and have been doing for quite a while :)

Still enjoy planes though :( Even if its one city.
How can it take an hour to navigate the map if its smaller? :S SA can be gone around the outside in like 25 mins - by car.

Well driving by roads, possibly what they class as legally it probably does, being in New York it'll have a large amount of traffic

Shame I can't add more information to the main post xD

mrwoooooooo
19-06-2007, 02:22 PM
If the games not going to be on ps2, then it won't be on psp.

Meanies
19-06-2007, 02:31 PM
If the games not going to be on ps2, then it won't be on psp.

It should.
They're only not putting it on ps2 cos theres ps3 so they focus on that more. But there's no reason why it shouldn't be on PSP, they put vice city stories on it. If it will be on psp, it'll probably be later than the normal release date as stuff would be changed etc.

Ashley 12344
19-06-2007, 04:15 PM
It should.
They're only not putting it on ps2 cos theres ps3 so they focus on that more. But there's no reason why it shouldn't be on PSP, they put vice city stories on it. If it will be on psp, it'll probably be later than the normal release date as stuff would be changed etc.

Wouldn't count on it.
San Andreas should be a fair indicator, no San Andreas, I doubt there will be a 4.

Agent 47
19-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Wouldn't count on it.
San Andreas should be a fair indicator, no San Andreas, I doubt there will be a 4.
Yep, theres not going to be San Andreas stories, and with the amount of updates in GTA4, you would need about 3 UMDs for the whole game on PSP

Fez
19-06-2007, 04:37 PM
There may be a San Andreas Stories when Rockstar finished GTA IV.

Agent 47
19-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Well they'll be pushing the PSP's limits, as VCS basically use all the storage on the UMD, god knows how they'll do it with SAS

Neil
19-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Yea well I think it's safe to assume SA wont be hitting PSP at this moment in time and nor will GTA4 xD

Fez
19-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I'd lol if GTA SAS came with 5 UMDs

Eckuii
19-06-2007, 05:04 PM
So the GTA4 is for the PS3 and Xbox 360 only?

some nice info there, cant wiat.

Putal
19-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I’m really looking forward to it being released. I’m going to reserve it when I have the money.

Thanks for the information mate, plus rep! :)

Neil
19-06-2007, 05:06 PM
So the GTA4 is for the PS3 and Xbox 360 only?

some nice info there, cant wiat.

Yea, it might be released to PC at a later date but I donno

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!