PDA

View Full Version : What game will sell more ?

PaulMacC
18-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Since this forum is overpopulated with Xbox360 fans , I probably already know the outcome of this but I may aswell post it.

And dont be -repping me because I'm a Nintendo fan but im just saying it has roughly 3:1 ratio on every Wii/PS3 fan

Neil
18-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Since this forum is overpopulated with Xbox360 fanboys , I probably already know the outcome of this but I may aswell post it.

With the odd Nintendo fanboy *points at you*

Jackk
18-06-2007, 03:46 PM
GTA4 .

dirrty
18-06-2007, 03:49 PM
GTA 4 isnt only on ps3. its also on xbox 360.

and i think GTA 4 will outsell other games in the long run.

Neil
18-06-2007, 03:51 PM
It's obviously GTA4 because it has two audiences, SSBB and Halo 3 only have one each =/

PaulMacC
18-06-2007, 03:56 PM
SSBB is for kid's and adults , GTA4 on PS3 not the Xbox

Halo 3 , I'm 14 and I have Halo 1&2 on Xbox and plus my uncle who's 27 has both and Xbox + Xbox360 and has reserved Halo 3 Legend editon (The thing with the spartan mask)

Neil
18-06-2007, 03:58 PM
SSBB is for kid's and adults , GTA4 on PS3 not the Xbox

Halo 3 , I'm 14 and I have Halo 1&2 on Xbox and plus my uncle who's 27 has both and Xbox + Xbox360 and has reserved Halo 3 Legend editon (The thing with the spartan mask)

GTA4 is still on the xbox so it still counts :rolleyes:

PaulMacC
18-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I couldnt think of a good PS3 game thats upcoming (doubt anyone could) :P

I had to put GTA in.

Neil
18-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I couldnt think of a good PS3 game thats upcoming (doubt anyone could) :P

I had to put GTA in.

Lmao xD um..Uh...Haze? I think...:P

Minstrels
18-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Then there's no point in voting as it just voids it as GTA4 will get all the votes as it's coming out on more than one console. :rolleyes:

PaulMacC
18-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey its not my fault PS3 has no good upcoming games

Simmzay
18-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Halo is a "core" game, SSBB is a "core" game and GTA 4 is mainstream. GTA will be a hit game with all sorts of people.

Neil
18-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Halo is a "core" game, SSBB is a "core" game and GTA 4 is mainstream. GTA will be a hit game with all sorts of people.

All 3 are awesome looking though, I'm getting Halo 3 and GTA4, when I get a Wii I'm getting SSBB aswell xD

Neversoft
18-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Ninteno fans will buy SSBB.
Xbox fans will buy Halo.
Playstation fans will buy GTA.

I can't decide what one will sell more. :S I think they're all going to do well.
But since the only one I'll be getting is SSBB, I'll vote for that.

If GTA was only for PS3 and if the Wii is still outselling the PS3 by the time GTA comes, out I think SSBB would sell more. SSBB is like a must have game for every Wii owner. There won't be much people with a Wii and not with SSBB. :P If the Wii catches up to the 360 and outsells that aswell, it might even have a chance at outselling Halo. Remember, the 360 has sold more consoles so obviously they'll sell more games. You have to take that into account.

Frodo13.
18-06-2007, 05:55 PM
The GTA games are probably the best games out there, so ya, they will sell more as it will be for PS3 and 360. If it was just on PS3 then probz not because Sony hasn't sold as many units as Wii and 360, but then again, you get people who buy consoles for just one game

I once saw someone buy a PS2 just so he could play GTA SA

Bear-Max
18-06-2007, 07:24 PM
The answer depends what markets you're looking at. If it's worldwide (Japan, Europe and the US) then I can see Smash Bros winning hands down. The Wii is selling an amount inimitable by the PS3 in Japan and SSBB will be a big deal. Nobody buys shooters (in fact nobody buys Xboxes) in Japan so 360 won't be much of a threat sales-wise, and while GTA does sell it's not really as popular as it is in the West. Japan will buy and buy and buy SSBB... they always do--games like New Super Mario Bros. and Brain Training II are STILL in the top 10 over there.

Without Japan in the mix? Well I'd say SSBB is still going to be a really big seller due to the Wii's near-dominance of the market, and the lack of any really solid Wii titles (other than Zelda... and even that's a port). GTA will sell really well, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will come in third place. Halo 3 will (I think) be the winner. It's a game that a large majority of Xbox owners are going buy, of whom there are about 11 million now. Not only this but it's a game that people are going to buy 360s to play.

Minstrels
18-06-2007, 07:30 PM
[quote=Neversoft;3618750]

Xbox fans will buy Halo *edits* and GTA

;)

Neversoft
18-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Xbox fans will buy Halo *edits* and GTA

;)

Halo will sell way more than GTA on Xbox, so I didn't bother mentioning it. The Wii seems to be the console that has been left out since it doesn't have GTA but the Wii does have games to share with the PS3, such as Manhunt 2. :P

GommeInc
18-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I voted SSBB, because I felt sorry for the Wii :P But GTA will definitely, more so on the Xbox 360 I imagine. Although on second thoughts, SSBB may have a good chance, considering the Wii is pretty dominant.

Neil
18-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I voted SSBB, because I felt sorry for the Wii :P But GTA will definitely, more so on the Xbox 360 I imagine. Although on second thoughts, SSBB may have a good chance, considering the Wii is pretty dominant.

I think SSBB will kill Halo 3 tbh, GTA4 and Halo 3 are not that far apart, I'm sure the larger percentage of 360 owners will buy GTA4 than Halo 3, but who knows, I'm going to try and get both so I don't care xD

GommeInc
18-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I think SSBB will kill Halo 3 tbh, GTA4 and Halo 3 are not that far apart, I'm sure the larger percentage of 360 owners will buy GTA4 than Halo 3, but who knows, I'm going to try and get both so I don't care xD
I might get both, but I have to wait till I save up enough for an Xbox 360, or beg a parent :P

Energizer
18-06-2007, 09:11 PM
GTA4 .

summer
18-06-2007, 10:00 PM
This isn't even worth a poll/thread. It's 100% obvious GTA IV will sell the most copies..

Hab4Life
18-06-2007, 10:02 PM
What IS Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Pyroka
18-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Out of honesty, Super smash brawl has no chance in hell of doing anything, though that's a 16 year old talking and it is aimed at 5 year olds I guess. Halo 3 and GTA 4, wow that'll be a sight. I honestly can't say what will do better!

Neversoft
18-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Out of honesty, Super smash brawl has no chance in hell of doing anything, though that's a 16 year old talking and it is aimed at 5 year olds I guess. Halo 3 and GTA 4, wow that'll be a sight. I honestly can't say what will do better!

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is NOT aimed at kids! OMG! -.- Have you actually played any of the Super Smash Bros. games? Would people stop implying that Nintendo is for kids! I've already proven two people wrong. If I have to post proof again I'll do it. This is just getting stupid. I want SSBB to kick both their ***** now.

You
19-06-2007, 12:00 AM

It is NOT aimed at kids! OMG! -.- Have you actually played any of the Super Smash Bros. games? Would people stop implying that Nintendo is for kids! I've already proven two people wrong. If I have to post proof again I'll do it. This is just getting stupid. I want SSBB to kick both their ***** now.
I agree.

Most of nintendo games are soooo fun.

Pyroka
19-06-2007, 12:05 AM

Lol yeah I have played a Super Smash game, I got melee and the one on N64. To me, I'd rather fork out my eyeballs than play those games as they're so freakin' babyish in my eyes.. But hey, I'm shortsighted. :P It'll be even sillier on the Wii to be honest.

You
19-06-2007, 12:11 AM
BTW: Ignore my other post, i thought you was saying another nintendo game was babyish :P My bad.

Neversoft
19-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Lol yeah I have played a Super Smash game, I got melee and the one on N64. To me, I'd rather fork out my eyeballs than play those games as they're so freakin' babyish in my eyes.. But hey, I'm shortsighted. :P It'll be even sillier on the Wii to be honest.

SSBB won't use the Wiimote, you play it with either a Gamecube controller or Wii Classic controller. ;) Because you said 'they're so freakin' babyish in my eyes..' it makes it sound like you're critiscing the graphics? A game like Super Smash Bros. will just be weird with ultra mega graphics, it would suck. The game sutid it's graphics perfectly and tbh I've had fun on SSBM with many ages. Also, when I went to Wales to see my Grandad & Grandma, even they enjoyed Tennis on the Wii. I can assure you it is not aimed at kids. :eusa_snoo

You
19-06-2007, 12:15 AM
SSBB won't use the Wiimote, you play it with either a Gamecube controller or Wii Classic controller. ;) Because you said 'they're so freakin' babyish in my eyes..' it makes it sound like you're critiscing the graphics? A game like Super Smash Bros. will just be weird with ultra mega graphics, it would suck. The game sutid it's graphics perfectly and tbh I've had fun on SSBM with many ages. Also, when I went to Wales to see my Grandad & Grandma, even they enjoyed Tennis on the Wii. I can assure you it is not aimed at kids. :eusa_snoo
LOL, My nan was playing tennis on my wii the other day, couldn't even see the bloody ball.

Neversoft
19-06-2007, 12:20 AM
LOL, My nan was playing tennis on my wii the other day, couldn't even see the bloody ball.

Lol! :P My grandad kept trying to hit the ball when it showed the replay. -.- You done Wii fitness test yet? I hadn't done it in months, so I did it the other day and it was like 70 something. 'Oh dear, you have added on 50 years!' o.o

Pyroka
19-06-2007, 12:24 AM
I just don't like the Wii, end of. If you use a gamecube controller I guess it'll be more like SSBM than anything else... I know it'd be weird with 'ultra mega graphics' (great use of description lol) but the style of the games which Nintendo do just don't appeal to me anymore... I guess you can preach on and on again about how I should be ashamed for not liking SSB anymore but life goes on and you find an Xbox 360 along that route.

You
19-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Lol! :P My grandad kept trying to hit the ball when it showed the replay. -.- You done Wii fitness test yet? I hadn't done it in months, so I did it the other day and it was like 70 something. 'Oh dear, you have added on 50 years!' o.o
lol, my mum and nan does that too & yeah i've done two fitness tests, one was 67 or something and another was 33 :D

Neversoft
19-06-2007, 12:35 AM
I just don't like the Wii, end of. If you use a gamecube controller I guess it'll be more like SSBM than anything else... I know it'd be weird with 'ultra mega graphics' (great use of description lol) but the style of the games which Nintendo do just don't appeal to me anymore... I guess you can preach on and on again about how I should be ashamed for not liking SSB anymore but life goes on and you find an Xbox 360 along that route.

Do you have any actual reason to as why you hate the Wii? Ultra mega sounds cool and I'm not 'preaching on and on' at you, because you shouldn't be ashamed for not liking SSB. :S Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just trying to tell you that the Wii and SSB are not for kids. They are for all ages. Also, just to add... You said 'you find an Xbox 360 along that route'. I dunno what thats susposted to mean. My brother has a 360 but I'd prefer to play on my Wii rather than a 360 anyday, any time, anywhere and as for the SSB comment. SSBB will be nothing like SSBM. Theres a tone of new characters, arenas, features (such as being able to play it online), modes, etc. Theres way more gameplay.

lol, my mum and nan does that too & yeah i've done two fitness tests, one was 67 or something and another was 33 :D

Lol, everyones like 'It's only a replay you dont have to hit it yet'. Mine was at 22, I was so proud. Now I'm at 70 something. :'(

You
19-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Ultra mega sounds cool and I'm not 'preaching on and on' at you, because you shouldn't be ashamed for not liking SSB. :S Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just trying to tell you that the Wii and SSB are not for kids. They are for all ages.

Lol, everyones like 'It's only a replay you dont have to hit it yet'. Mine was at 22, I was so proud. Now I'm at 70 something. :'(
Too much you know what, not good mate ;), check zee rep i left y0u.

Neversoft
19-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Too much you know what, not good mate ;), check zee rep i left y0u.

But it feels so good. How can something that feels so good, be bad for you? :P Also, there is never too much. :8

You
19-06-2007, 01:21 AM
But it feels so good. How can something that feels so good, be bad for you? :P Also, there is never too much. :8
You're so dirty, y'know that.

Neil
19-06-2007, 08:38 AM

SSBB has amazing graphics though, Link looks so awesome in it, and so does Mario :P

Ashley 12344
19-06-2007, 10:22 AM
PS3 only games:

Metal Gear
Final Fantasy (has been in past anyway)

Xbox 360 will outsell GTA4 on PS3.
I reckon GTA4 on 360 will be similar to Halo.

Neil
19-06-2007, 10:27 AM
PS3 only games:

Metal Gear
Final Fantasy (has been in past anyway)

Xbox 360 will outsell GTA4 on PS3.
I reckon GTA4 on 360 will be similar to Halo.

360 is getting the next FF game so Metal Gear and GT are like the only well known PS3 exclusives at the moment

Bear-Max
19-06-2007, 04:39 PM
360 is getting the next FF game so Metal Gear and GT are like the only well known PS3 exclusives at the moment
As far as I was aware a Square-Enix rep said that FF for the 360 was "a blank page", ie. there's no plans for such.

GommeInc
19-06-2007, 08:01 PM
There seems to be alot of biased opinion circling around threads now. People never seem to look at both views and end a conclusion which has no thought put into it "/ It's unpredictable which game will sell loads. If all the Wiis were distributed eventually, then SSBB may be very popular, but GTA 4 has a high possibility because it on two consoles and is advertised heavily.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!