PDA

View Full Version : Habbo closing? What do you think?

OhLiam
20-06-2007, 07:25 PM
There has been alot of rumours saying things like:

"Habbo will close within 5 years"
"Habbo closes in 10 years"
"HABBO is gonne close in 2010!"

Whats your opinions of this?

I don't really care lol, I really don't think it will, Habbo would sell for TONS so like they could just keep selling it on, lol.

What do you guys think?

"I won't be on habbo anyway LOL! gotta be sad to stay on that long"

Moved from Uk News by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please post in the correct forum, thanks. :)

Assassinator
20-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Prob just rumours.

If they was going to do something like that.

They would sell, Not close.

Roboevil
20-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I think you're very annoying.

VPSwow
20-06-2007, 07:29 PM
They earn too much, they wont close.

Wizzdom
20-06-2007, 07:30 PM

I agree with him

Kardan
20-06-2007, 07:30 PM
There's been rumours since Day 1 that it will close.

Rumours stay rumours until proof is given.

OhLiam
20-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Prob just rumours.

If they was going to do something like that.

They would sell, Not close.

Lol Yeah xD

Why am I annoying? I think I'am but like why do you think that? XD

They earn too much, they wont close.

Habbo earns millions & millions. Lol

Pyroka
20-06-2007, 07:32 PM
No-one knows if it'll close or not, it's one of those things like dipping your hand into a revels bag and wondering what the ball you pull out will taste like!

dannyisnotamazing
20-06-2007, 07:35 PM
If you're conserned about Habbo closing in 2010 when most of us should be in our late/mid 20's then I'm sorry but that's pathetic. "/.

Surely you won't still be concerned then, will you? lmao.

OhLiam
20-06-2007, 07:35 PM
There's been rumours since Day 1 that it will close.
I guess so but like I wanted to see what everyone thaught about it, If anyone would eb sad that it closes, To me its like smokeing you can't get away from it.

Rumours stay rumours until proof is given.
I know :p

No-one knows if it'll close or not, it's one of those things like dipping your hand into a revels bag and wondering what the ball you pull out will taste like!
I like that LOL Revels Mmmm xD

If you're conserned about Habbo closing in 2010 when most of us should be in our late/mid 20's then I'm sorry but that's pathetic. "/.

Surely you won't still be concerned then, will you? lmao.

Yes I know but like I wanted to see what people thaught about it. Sorry lol.
I don't care what happens to habbo in 2010 I won't be on here anyway.
If I was I'd kill myself :]

Roboevil
20-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Why am I annoying? I think I'am but like why do you think that? XD

Everything.

I don't know why people keeping ******* themselves over 'rumours' of Habbo closing. It's not going to close any time in the near future, of course it is eventually going to close, but not anytime soon. It'll come to a closure when no one likes it anymore, which isn't now as Habbo is still expanding.

Lozzoling
20-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Habbo will close when it fails to make money.

But then it may be bought off and remade again.

Energizer
20-06-2007, 07:43 PM
I doubt it will close soon. & I wouldn't really be too bothered.

OhLiam
20-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Everything.

I don't know why people keeping ******* themselves over 'rumours' of Habbo closing. It's not going to close any time in the near future, of course it is eventually going to close, but not anytime soon. It'll come to a closure when no one likes it anymore, which isn't now as Habbo is still expanding.

Lol, Dude I only wanted to know what people thaught about it.

Zak
20-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Habbo Won't Close For Along Time..

It Makes Wayy To Much Cash $

iJoe
20-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Its not closing, won't close, it makes loads of money so why would it?? what a spammish (lol) thread

-rep thread maker >:( angry

Sharpsterz
20-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Ill Give It 5 Years

Im Quittin In 2 Years

So Yeh

Idc Really

-:Undertaker:-
20-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Will Habbo close in 2012?, will Habbo close in 2570? - What a stupid question, I can't even think of a Debate which could be held over this topic.

It's making money and has done Sulake well, if it ever does close due to falling numbers then Sulake will just create another new game.

Luckyrare
20-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Why the hell would a company stop? Bull crap. Even if Sulake was loosing money they would sell.

total lies made up my 8 year olds.

Black_Apalachi
20-06-2007, 08:21 PM

Mmhm. There is also a rumour that Sulae is going to donate Habbo Hotel to me :).

Antallica
20-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I think it will tbh.

Dudedanny123
20-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't. Sulake wouldn't close it.

OhLiam
20-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Lol to the people who -rep me for wanting peoples opinions, Don't reply to the thread if you think its crap fgs.

Jeese

@xP
20-06-2007, 08:31 PM
No, they make too much money.

gtavc1210
20-06-2007, 08:41 PM
There has been alot of rumours saying things like:

"Habbo will close within 5 years"
"Habbo closes in 10 years"
"HABBO is gonne close in 2010!"

Whats your opinions of this?

I don't really care lol, I really don't think it will, Habbo would sell for TONS so like they could just keep selling it on, lol.

What do you guys think?

"I won't be on habbo anyway LOL! gotta be sad to stay on that long"

Well i really don't think habbo will close but that is personal opinion sulake make far to much money from it at the minute take habbo group badges release for example they sold 1000 badges in a day what's that 10 credits 10 x 1000 then work out how much the credits cost.
That explains their current state of affairs,
However with the current cultural market for the internet as it is who knows that by 2010 habbo may be closed it all depends on how much money they are making at the time. if habbbo slumps then they will close as do all businesses but if they are still doing well they wont.
:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_wall :eusa_wall
+ REP for a good and interesting thread :)

:Hazel
20-06-2007, 08:42 PM
sooner rather than later.

Duck Hunt
20-06-2007, 08:58 PM
i Like the new avvy :)

Ontopic: If it closes it probally wouldnt for like 20 years. Habbo addicts spend all their £ on creds so habbo probally wont close down unless the addicts stop

OhLiam
20-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah lol habbo is like a cigarette. Too addictive :]

4:20
20-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Probably won't.

Nemo
20-06-2007, 09:26 PM
tbh i think it may u no, i read this first and thought hey it will stay open but tbh in the future, better games will come out, onces with better graphics, better chatting groups, more mature ppl, and most probs less money. Then eventually habbo will become less and less populated. Sulake will sell up, will of made millions and will probs make a new game..

mykes
20-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Sulake: "Revenues for 2003 and 2002 were EUR 4.9 million and EUR 2.3 million, respectively. The launch of Habbo Hotels in new countries and their rapid local growth has contributed to company's strong growth in revenues and profit." - Taken from Sulake website, it shows the market is booming right now, and from such large staff investments - "Currently, the company has a staff of 120, which is an increase of 75 persons compared to January 2004." It's highly unlikely that Sulake will close Habbo, unless they start to diversify into other markets, which is what they've already done, i.e. not all their eggs in one basket and branched out into real furniture selling mobile games etc. Sulake would never close Habbo, they'd only sell it on for redevelopment and a quick sale. Most of Habbo is now owned by the Taivas Group, Elisa Group, 3i Group Plc and shareholders internally, like 'Nilsn'. So don't worry, It wont close.

Shawnstra
20-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Don't think so, Sulakae is a multimillionaire company, it would take something really bad to close it.

GommeInc
21-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Rumours happen everywhere. I can make a rumour saying Britvic or Walkers will close in 2010. No proof, just a wild accusation.

I personally don't want to guess, as there is no need to? I have no proof?

Pyroka
21-06-2007, 12:37 AM
I have a feeling that they won't stick with the way that Habbo operates forever, being a MMOCC forever would get pretty boring and you can already see they're branching out to new kinds of products. They will eventually change Habbo and god, maybe even its label from Habbo to something else! I guess when you've got a gold mine like Habbo, you invest and invest and invest in it but you can only invest so far! Eventually it'll run out of steam and that is where Sulake will start falling.

Safe to say, the past few years have been the years of growing MMOCCs, MMOs & other chat-based websites, but this could all pass in time and eventually companies will die out like Sulake. Habbo will eventually be axed, but it's a matter of when people get bored of it.

lAdmire
21-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Because it's so popular, probably won't close down because they would be letting down a lot of customers.

le harry
21-06-2007, 06:26 AM
I hope soon, just to see if they would release a new game and what it would be.

lew!
21-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Well, Sulake are planning to open about 3 more hotels, Including africa, Southern China and and another one lol :p I forgot the name!

The domains have been brought and its all in the making, So they arnt going to close soon, but yes they will close at some time, And dont they need to give 90 days notice?

Antallica
21-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah lol habbo is like a cigarette. Too addictive :]

Give up then...

Stage by stage. ;]
Ive basically left now.

Minstrels
21-06-2007, 07:02 AM
It's a business as soon as Sulake get bored of it they can just sell it on, so it will just get past down the chains of new owners. Then again why would Sulake sell something which is making millions if not billions of money?

Pyroka
21-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Every machine eventually runs out of fuel, like Habbo will eventually run out of steam and it'll die, causing Sulake to sell it off. I know a few other MMOCCs which will probably be in competition with Habbo soon, so that'll be interesting. Habbo has had a fine time but I've been seeing tons of huge MMOCCs pop up and they're potentially Habbo-beaters.

e5..
21-06-2007, 12:06 PM
while they are making there money.. i don't think so .. :) and how is this news and rumours?

Earthquake
21-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Habbos of course going to close, Even if they make a billion pound their eventully going to sell up, eithier its because they've grown bored, Sulake get sued for making us give them money for nothing, or their hacked deleting the systems, its sure to close later in life, but I won't care because I will be about 25, But I can tell you one thing, I will log in if its around in 20 years to see what its like theirs no doubt about it, And thread owner, your very annoying for the way you type and all your replys, thet me guess you try to be L337 in habbo wearing crappy shorts and jumper calling random habbos newbies or ugly, Your pathetic.

hadouken!
21-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Why would you shut down a multi-million pound company?

The Professor
21-06-2007, 08:22 PM
<plug> www.habbox.com - Article entitled Habbo: A ticking time bomb </plug>

I agree with hazel. Sooner rather than later.

Crono
21-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Nobody will know until it finally closes. It's not like they have decided when they're closing it, so all you can do is wait and see.

mrwoooooooo
21-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Habbo's in it's decline stage, it has like 6k users on where it used to get like 13k on at peak times, they'll close within 5years easy imo.

Flisker
21-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Simple answer: Contact habbo if you want to know the truth

Frisky
22-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I dont think it will close, it will just be sold on when its had enough. Seeing as how popular its become from what it was, theres no doubt that in the future it will be much more succesful. The more they advertise the more they bring in.

Hindudu
23-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Well it has to be gone some day LOL.
I just advice the owner will die if they dont give people their cash back.

Jack.
23-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Unless something catastrophic happens such as everything being deleted from the Sulake servers, I could see habbo going on for years yet. Maybe not in the 2D form we see now, but I think it will go on. Maybe we will see "Habbo 2" in the future.

Apox
24-06-2007, 07:34 PM
This is an utterly pointless thread. It's like suggesting Disney Worlds going to shut down. The same product will be used for years and years to come, and they'll keep producing new products to build on top of this legacy piece of software. (Not legendary, google it if you don't understand what it means).

Could you imagine the finical implications of closing down! It's not like a normal company where you buy something and then it's yours. Your product is on their servers, they're not going anywhere for a long, long time, till there is no one left. Unless the T&Cs say otherwise, or bankruptcy, either way!

-:Undertaker:-
24-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Habbos of course going to close, Even if they make a billion pound their eventully going to sell up, eithier its because they've grown bored, Sulake get sued for making us give them money for nothing, or their hacked deleting the systems, its sure to close later in life, but I won't care because I will be about 25, But I can tell you one thing, I will log in if its around in 20 years to see what its like theirs no doubt about it, And thread owner, your very annoying for the way you type and all your replys, thet me guess you try to be L337 in habbo wearing crappy shorts and jumper calling random habbos newbies or ugly, Your pathetic.

Money for nothing?

Your the ones buying it, it's not sulakes fault and you can always sell the furni when you leave.

If sulake ever do realise it's near the end and they try everything they can do, they will sell up and another company with newer ideas will take control and maybe revive it?, I can see it being renamed when Sulake do sell.

sim
24-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Just because Habbo is at a user level dip doesnt mean it can bring itself up. Its like pokemon. It will be passed down to a new generation who will love enjoy and cherish it. Personally I dont like the thought of leaving, obviously I will, but ive made some good friends.

Yum999
24-06-2007, 08:40 PM
As said before, it will be sold by Sulake, rather than closing it.

If it ever were to close, I'd hope that Sulake would keep Habbo running at minimal expense, just not update it. Basically abandon it but pay a small fee every year to keep it online until the numbers online dwindle to under a thousand.

But, as mentioned, I expect the Habbo franchise to be sold off sooner or later. I can't see the logic in closing it.

luke-p
24-06-2007, 10:24 PM
If you was earning the ammount of money habbo was bringing in a year, would you close it?

Alkaz
25-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Ya i agree. Probally rumors. +I Dont think habbo would but bans to 2018 if they knew they was going to close. Maybe i dont know. None of us do. +Like said, they make to much profit. In 2005 they made 65m euro profit.

Disento
25-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Habbo will NEVER close. It is constantly expanding and thus profit is greatly exceeding costs.
Why would a business close if their profit was steadily and safely increasing?

Disento
25-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthquake http://habboxforum.com/images/buttons/space/viewpost.gif (http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=3628774#post3628774)

You are paying for the time required to create the virtual products and the time and revenue dedicated to service.
Also, I highly doubt Habbo could be hacked and the hacker would be sued to extautionate value.

Nuxty
29-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Can I just say from now until the end 0f 08 they are planning to open like 6 more hotels.

So why would they close?

PLUS they would have a company back up plan :eusa_whis

So stop being so annyoing it wont close.. :eusa_wall

SusieC
29-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Don't think it's true, Habbo's still going strong.
And I agree with what Kayne said, they'd sell, not close.

GommeInc
29-06-2007, 11:48 AM
It's not true, there is no evidence to prove it "/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!