PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 versions

---MAD---
22-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey :),

Whats the difference between the American and Japanese versions of the xbox 360?

Thanks
MAD

Technologic
22-06-2007, 03:06 PM
One is American and One is Japanese. :]

The Japanese one has a larger hdd as they are a lot more into gamaing. I think that's it

---MAD---
22-06-2007, 03:09 PM
One is American and One is Japanese. :]

The Japanese one has a larger hdd as they are a lot more into gamaing. I think that's it
Hmm, the shop said jap has no xbox live or something?

The jap one here is 50 pounds cheaper than the USA one.

Neil
22-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I think region settings will stop you playing alot of games so it's best to get US (unless the shop sells Jap games)

---MAD---
22-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I think region settings will stop you playing alot of games so it's best to get US (unless the shop sells Jap games)
Yeah thats what I thought.

Thanks, +rep :).

PaulMacC
22-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah thats what I thought.

Thanks, +rep :).

I think only some games are region locked it's kinda 60% are region locked and 40% arent

Aflux
22-06-2007, 03:33 PM
You will need to buy all your games in American though.

---MAD---
27-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Just letting you know I have bought an xbox 360 now. Its fantastic!

Neil
27-06-2007, 04:12 PM

Get xbox live :P Makes it much more enjoyable

Bear-Max
27-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Uhm... both American and Japanese 360s will be NTSC, but Japan is NTSC-J and America is NTSC-U. Both will likely mean some problems for you. As far as I'm aware you won't be able to play a lot of games bought here as there are only a limited few that are region free (you can find a list on the internet). However I *think* with a Japanese console you will be able to play DVDs from the UK (I think we're both region 2), whereas with an American one you will not; they will either not be recognised at all or play in black and white.

However to be perfectly honest I'd say get one from here. Xbox 360s do have an unusually high failure rate (though I've not had a problem with mine) and should you have a problem with yours it'll be a lot lot easier to deal with it if you bought it from Amazon or Play.com as you'll have a European warranty. Buying abroad might mean you have to send your Xbox all the way to Japan or America to be fixed, and that'll cost a hell of a lot.

Fez
27-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Uhm... both American and Japanese 360s will be NTSC, but Japan is NTSC-J and America is NTSC-U. Both will likely mean some problems for you. As far as I'm aware you won't be able to play a lot of games bought here as there are only a limited few that are region free (you can find a list on the internet). However I *think* with a Japanese console you will be able to play DVDs from the UK (I think we're both region 2), whereas with an American one you will not; they will either not be recognised at all or play in black and white.

However to be perfectly honest I'd say get one from here. Xbox 360s do have an unusually high failure rate (though I've not had a problem with mine) and should you have a problem with yours it'll be a lot lot easier to deal with it if you bought it from Amazon or Play.com as you'll have a European warranty. Buying abroad might mean you have to send your Xbox all the way to Japan or America to be fixed, and that'll cost a hell of a lot.

(though I've not had a problem with mine)

Same here, 1 year and still going strong.

Andeeh
27-06-2007, 06:44 PM

Lol cool you got xbox live? :P

reindeer.
27-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I think europe is PAL and Japan and US are NTSC, it will say it on the game disc somewhere, basically PAL won't play on an NTSC console, and vice versa. Get a PAL one if you live in europe.

Pyroka
27-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Get Xbox live as many have said, it maximises your gameplay dramatically. ;) At least you've made the right choice by buying an Xbox hehe. Japan and US have different formats I think? I think Japan is JTSC or something, I remember there being a different format to the US.

Bear-Max
27-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Japan is NTSC-J and the US is NTSC-U. However there are a number of games that work in more than one region.

DVDs work on a different coding system, and so UK DVDs will (should) play on a Japanese 360 and vice versa.

CrazyColaist
27-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Bigger HDD. (japan does)

Bear-Max
27-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Bigger HDD. (japan does)
I'm quite sure they have exactly the same as everywhere else. The Elite is the one with the 120GB HDD.

(And Sony is launching an 80GB HDD PS3 in Korea)

standardhabbo
27-06-2007, 08:40 PM
hi

if anyone is having problems with the xbox360 such as the 3 red lights
heres how to fix it.

equipment needed:

towel
xbox360 (lol)

wrap a towel around the xbox360 and turn it on with the towel around it and leave it for 15 minutes then take the towel off and play.

it should last for 2 week after this treatment.

Agent 47
27-06-2007, 08:54 PM
hi

if anyone is having problems with the xbox360 such as the 3 red lights
heres how to fix it.

equipment needed:

towel
xbox360 (lol)

wrap a towel around the xbox360 and turn it on with the towel around it and leave it for 15 minutes then take the towel off and play.

it should last for 2 week after this treatment.
The point in posting that was? and the best thing to do is call microsoft anyway...

And mad, good luck with your xbox. If you get live let us all know so we can play :P

What games did you get?

Marky.
28-06-2007, 02:56 AM
The point in posting that was? and the best thing to do is call microsoft anyway...

And mad, good luck with your xbox. If you get live let us all know so we can play :P

What games did you get?

best thing 2 do is call microshaft? not if you have removed the warenty sticker 2 flash it or if its over 1 year old and out of warenty you have 2 pay like 140£:rolleyes:

standardhabbo
28-06-2007, 04:30 AM
this is easier than sending it all to microsoft. microsoft rushed these out so thats why these are stuffed up.

GoldenMerc
28-06-2007, 09:16 PM
He has live,Yesterday i scuffed him in a clio agaist him Lambo on Nfs Carbon ;]

kyle♥
28-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Just the region is different :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!