PDA

View Full Version : Project viper

Oni
22-06-2007, 08:09 PM
The time has come to unveil what I have been working on recently, codenamed 'project viper'. My idea for vTV was never meant to be standalone it was meant to be released as part of project viper. I however made out vTV to be a project in itself as it allowed me to test some things for it and also gave me cover for my lack of work for the past few months. I have been working hard for along time now and I have finally been successful and reached my goal....or would have but ill explain that later.

Project Viper is an online experience or mmocc/mmorpg. It is an online space game where you can build and even sell ships, chat and cruise around, but mainly battle. The vTV service will be streamed directly into it onto your control panel [of which the coding is complete]. There are more details which I will not currently announce yet as they havent been tested yet and I dont want to get ahead of myself.

Now for the problem, I based the game on electroserver which allows flash to communicate with servers. I converted my pc to a wamp web server but it also requires a chat server which no one really seems to know what it is. If you know where to get chat servers could you please message me, thanks :).

Anyway this project isnt a wannabe that will never be completed, I wasnt sure whether it would work, hence the late announcement. The basic coding is completed so you can:

Connect to the server [When I get chat server]
Move
ChatAll of the hard work that I was unsure of is done, its easy to get objects to move etc. As I cannot provide a demo at this point I took a video of it on my computer as it works on their as it can connect to my pc its just other people cannot.
http://www.virtuatv.net/viper/viper.html
[Note:The camtasia studio thing is the software used to record the video and nothing to do with it]
I will carry on coding new features till I can get hold of a chat server.

L!nK
22-06-2007, 08:17 PM
So you made all of this?

Oni
22-06-2007, 08:19 PM
So you made all of this?
Yes, I followed a book for how to do all of the server connections etc because its rarely used but thats a tiny fraction of it.

Ajax.
22-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Yes, I followed a book for how to do all of the server connections etc because its rarely used but thats a tiny fraction of it.

What is this book?

Oni
22-06-2007, 08:40 PM
What is this book?
Ive had it for years, its something like flash game dymensified. I wouldnt reccomend it unless you know how to make proper games off by heart already, its very advanced.

Ini
22-06-2007, 08:43 PM
What is this book?

It's a cook book.

Oni
22-06-2007, 08:45 PM
It's a cook book.
60 recipes to make games

Ini
22-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Exactly ;]

Splinter
22-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Sounds ****.

Jordan,
22-06-2007, 08:53 PM
lol very nice looks good

Oni
22-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Sounds ****.
Explain why?

Ini
22-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Explain why?

Took the words right out of my mouth

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!