PDA

View Full Version : Chasity (sp?) rings banned in some schools?

Niall!
22-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Well, Chasity rings are a symbol of christian religion, I think it's about not having sex before marridge? Anyhow, a school in england has banned them? I don't think that's exactly fair..

does anyone actually have one on here?

Browney
23-06-2007, 09:06 AM
It'll be because the government think it might offend other pupils and yet head scarfs are allowed. It'll be the same thing that happened with the woman at BA.

Faye
23-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I don't have one and i'm not religious , but I still don't think they should be banned. If they ban them then its like saying they have got to ban all other religious items as well.

VPSwow
23-06-2007, 09:13 AM
I dont really know what they are but it shouldnt be banned if its your religion.

Wig44.
23-06-2007, 09:59 AM
It's because in a religious view you shouldn't have sex before marriage. And as most people know, people born to unmarried parents are known as the b word.

Ashhizzle
23-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Thats just sick, how can you ban somthing that is obviously important to that person in their life and what they follow.

GJay
23-06-2007, 09:49 PM
You guys are refering Lydia from Millais. I used to go there and the uniform is extremely strict. No irrelevant jewellrey is allowed at all otherwise warnings and detensions are issued.
Muslims are allowed to wear headscarves at Millais as it's a requirement for their religion. There is no where in the bible that states that girls or boys need to show their chastity. If that was the case, this would be happening years before so.
The ring is no symbol of religion, and being at an all girls school, Lydia isn't telling anyone. Why should another girl be interested in her lack of wanting sex. Why should the teachers be interested (except one history teacher) and why should anyone want to know her intentions. Lydia has no intention in making this a school rule, it's all a publicity stunt. I used to know her she's a lovely girl but she has taken this all too far!
Also, I believe the ring will only cause likeliness of harrassment. To promote her intentions could mean that perverts who see her ring will try to change these intentions. Sex is a personal thing and your intentions shouldn't be flagged about. Especially one of viriginity.
When I was at Millais (started in 1999) everyone respected the uniform there was no way anyone would risk causing problems for teachers. It's a very scary school but boy did we get the discipline from it. Millais has changed a lot since I left in 2004 but I know I still have respect for them. I didn't dare put a finger wrong and if I did (sitting on desks) I learnt my lesson.
This publicity stunt will cause havoc at Millais now. If Lydia wins, all the girls will be trying to get something else e.g. black trousers rather than a bottle green skirt and removal of ties and wearing make up and jewellrey. These girls should respect the uniform code of conduct I cannot believe they are going against the school for a ridiculous ring that shows no religious symbol. If it was compulsory for them to wear this ring, then fine I'd want her to win. But the school has high standards with uniform. I hope they win.

Dan2nd
23-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Its a ring ... I'd understand if it was crucifix because thats a symbol of what christians believe but its a ring which is basicly saying >>>>>LOOK AT ME I'M A VIRGIN<<<<< I mean please come off it.

GJay
23-06-2007, 10:05 PM
^^ what he says loll.

Virgin Mary
23-06-2007, 10:40 PM
It depends, if a Christian came to school with a headscarf on and said it was because of their religion it'd still probably get removed anyway.

Lycan
23-06-2007, 10:44 PM
maybe its to do with people who wern't wearing rings for that reason were claiming to and it was just easyier to get rid of them all then to have people just messing about

Shawnstra
25-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I think they should be able to wear them, its a symbol of their religion, and should be worn with pride.

DiscoPat
25-06-2007, 12:47 PM
they are putting tooooo much rules man

Bef
25-06-2007, 01:12 PM
If the school has a no jewlery policy then why should this girl be allowed to wear her ring?
Its not something that she HAS to wear for her religion.
Plus i heard shes leaving the school end of this month so even if she did win then it wouldnt matter. Ther just trying to get this silver ring thing in the papers. Her parents are something to with it.
If they let her wear her ring then theyl have all the little wannabe wiccas and pagens coming in like. LET ME WEAR MY MASSIVE STAR NECKLACE.
and then theyl have other people coming in like THIS NECKLACE SYMBOLISES MY FREEDOM SO IM ALLOWED TO WEAR IT.
the main reason that jewlery shouldnt be worn to school is that it might get lost/ stolen, if it does and the school has allowed it to be worn then theyl be in trouble with parents.

-Soph-
25-06-2007, 01:32 PM
hmm. it is a bit tough.

but I do agree with bef above...

DiscoPat
25-06-2007, 02:16 PM
infact i agree with bef

luke-p
25-06-2007, 02:38 PM
As long they have banned other religion's jewarly then thats fine me thinks... But if they let muslims etc have there stuff, then what the hell are they playing at.

Mentor
25-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Well, Chasity rings are a symbol of christian religion, I think it's about not having sex before marridge? Anyhow, a school in england has banned them? I don't think that's exactly fair..

does anyone actually have one on here?

yup as when god said"go forth and multiply" he actually meant, go forth and abstain for most your life until you enter marriage.

Anyway, since its the new testament where following? Where in the new testament does it ever say you should astatine? Although if you wana keep to the old testiment as well please note, if your female and ever worn male clothing your going to hell, if youve ever had a single impure thought you going to hell, if youve ever eaten sea food your going to hell, if you work on the sabbuth your going to hell, in fact im pretty sure all of you are going to hell if your following the old testiment "/

Plus for some reason this obviously essential peace of christianity jewelry was never once mentioned in the entire bible.. strange that, its almost like its was just a scam to make stupid people spend money on crap...

Note: the Muslim thing is equally stupid really if you read the Quran, even Mohammed's wife herself didnt ware the vail...

GJay
25-06-2007, 03:04 PM
The school's code of conduct says that if anyone disobeys the rules they will be punished! I should know I went to the school! Girls disobeyed all the time but they learnt their lesson.

FlyingJesus
25-06-2007, 03:15 PM
What's the point in that ring anyway? If you're a virgin then fair enough, but wearing a ring won't make you MORE of a virgin than anyone else. She's probably one of those stupid "technical virgin" people anyway, who will take it in any hole except the main one and still claim to be pure.

GJay
25-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Lydia isn't like that. :P
I personally feel it's a publicity stunt.

-:Undertaker:-
26-06-2007, 01:48 AM
I belivee head scarfs shouldn't be allowed and necklaces should.

-Soph-
26-06-2007, 03:53 AM
I belivee head scarfs shouldn't be allowed and necklaces should.

what's your reason for that?

i'm pretty sure I could find a necklace that is as obvious as a headscarf if that's your issue.

:Hazel
26-06-2007, 11:56 AM
people should be allowed to wear what they want relating to their religion. what harm does ring/headscarf etc. do?

Mentor
26-06-2007, 02:47 PM
people should be allowed to wear what they want relating to their religion. what harm does ring/headscarf etc. do?
Sounds a bit unfair to me, Why should people get to ware something others cant just because there religious? Are aithiests not allowed to express there beliefs then? Isnt that kinda double standard.
Its not like ANY of the religions actually require any of there followers to ware head scarfs or "chastity rings" or "cross's" or anything else.

I mean, for god sake, if your going to practice a religion at least actually read your given holy text. Its incredible how ignorant most people are of the religious beliefs they claim to follow.

Personally, no i don't see a problem with people wearing any of this stuff, not because it has anything to do with religion, purely for reasons of freedom of expression, im happy for anyone to ware pretty much what ever they want for what ever reason.
If for some reason you need everyone to ware a specific set of things though, it really should apply to everyone.

Virgin Mary
26-06-2007, 04:25 PM
The principle is that religions generally don't tell you to wear anything. Head scarves are just a symbol of the oppression of women in some religions. Same with crucifixes/crosses or these rings, the Bible doesn't say it's necessary so there's no need. If your school or workplace doesn't want you to then there's no need to be arguing or whinging about it.

-Soph-
27-06-2007, 06:12 AM
I think if religious people were allowed to wear whatever they wanted to school... it would start off a rebellion most likely. e.g "they can wear this so why can't I"?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!