PDA

View Full Version : Needing ideas for an online game [test client included]

Oni
23-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Ideas for project viper first ill explain what it is
'The time has come to unveil what I have been working on recently, codenamed 'project viper'. My idea for vTV was never meant to be standalone it was meant to be released as part of project viper. I however made out vTV to be a project in itself as it allowed me to test some things for it and also gave me cover for my lack of work for the past few months. I have been working hard for along time now and I have finally been successful and reached my goal....or would have but ill explain that later.

Project Viper is an online experience or mmocc/mmorpg. It is an online space game where you can build and even sell ships, chat and cruise around, but mainly battle. The vTV service will be streamed directly into it onto your control panel [of which the coding is complete]. There are more details which I will not currently announce yet as they havent been tested yet and I dont want to get ahead of myself.

Anyway this project isnt a wannabe that will never be completed, I wasnt sure whether it would work, hence the late announcement. The basic coding is completed so you can:

Connect to the server [When I get chat server]
Move
Chat 'Now im needing more ideas to make it insteresting and unique, if you have any post them below.

Oh and I almost forgot
Test client:
http://82.5.224.233/ElectroServer%203/Examples/Flash%20MX%202004/Space/tv.htm

Tomm
23-06-2007, 08:16 AM
I like the way its in a ElectroServer examples folder ''/

http://82.5.224.233/ElectroServer%203/Examples/Flash%20MX%202004/Space/ReadMe.txt

Oni
23-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I like the way its in a ElectroServer examples folder ''/

http://82.5.224.233/ElectroServer%203/Examples/Flash%20MX%202004/Space/ReadMe.txt
Thats because its where electroserver searches for things too connect too and all the above is is the licence file for electroserver

Rix
23-06-2007, 08:19 AM
I like it its funny

Tomm
23-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Open:

http://www.electro-server.com/Examples/Alien%20Avatar%20Chat/Alien%20Avatar%20Chat.html

And:

http://www.electro-server.com/Examples/Alien%20Avatar%20Chat/Alien%20Avatar%20Chat.html

At the same time, only diffrent is graphics.

Oni
23-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Open:

And:

At the same time, only diffrent is graphics.
The coding is different too and the guy who created electroserver [jobe makar] created the book that I use

Tomm
23-06-2007, 08:23 AM
If the coding is diffrent how come when I open both clients it connect me to your server and I can operate in your server on the client on ElectroServer's website in excally the same way as I can on yours ''/

Oni
23-06-2007, 08:25 AM
If the coding is diffrent how come when I open both clients it connect me to your server and I can operate in your server on the client on ElectroServer's website in excally the same way as I can on yours ''/
Because he wrote the book I use, ill even take a photo if you want. Also just because 2 say dj panels do the same thing doesnt mean they are the same?

Elw00d
23-06-2007, 08:29 AM
first of all, that is a demo edited in flash, its open source avaoale to download from electroserve. second, i dout you have any knowledge of coding a online game at all. third, you wil get everyone hopes up then ask for ppl to donate money thru subscriptions then say oh noes vcity has closed. i see it with almost every project now.

Oni
23-06-2007, 08:31 AM
first of all, that is a demo edited in flash, its open source avaoale to download from electroserve. second, i dout you have any knowledge of coding a online game at all. third, you wil get everyone hopes up then ask for ppl to donate money thru subscriptions then say oh noes vcity has closed. i see it with almost every project now.
It is not, its a free roaming online game, what else is it supposed to look like
Errr no because its free

Elw00d
23-06-2007, 08:33 AM
dude, ive seen the example b4, ill even find it if you really wanna be ebarresed,

do you even have any coding skills?
do you even know what coding language to use?
have you even started puberty yet?

Oni
23-06-2007, 08:36 AM
dude, ive seen the example b4, ill even find it if you really wanna be ebarresed,

1. Yes
2. Oh what a hard question, actionscript 2.0
3. Pffft I started it along time ago
Most people know me as ozzie, I coded many games on that so I dont see why some people dont believe me.

Elw00d
23-06-2007, 08:44 AM
any coder would know that Director lingo is way better to code with. may be harder but the resuts are fantastic.

from waht youve presented so far proves you only have talent to edit other ppls work.

Oni
23-06-2007, 08:46 AM
any coder would know that Director lingo is way better to code with. may be harder but the resuts are fantastic.

from waht youve presented so far proves you only have talent to edit other ppls work.
No, they wouldnt. Lingo is fast becoming a redundant language hence the last version of director being released at the start of 2004. Flash now can do more advanced things and is more supported, any coder would know that.

Well as ive said no I didnt rip it and im doing some more work on it now so hopefully that will prove it isnt ripped.

Sunny.
23-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Ozzie's coding skills are fine and he is great with flash, so what are you talking about?

God come back when you got hair between your legs :|

Oni
23-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Ozzie's coding skills are fine and he is great with flash, so what are you talking about?

God come back when you got hair between your legs :|
Thankyou, see, me and sunny dont even get on that well but he knows.

luke-p
23-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Thats good, but My spaceship went off screen :S And then I couldent get it back :P

Mr Macro
23-06-2007, 09:47 AM

Seriously, you noob, ozzie knows his stuff.you don't, so leave and never return.

Oni
23-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Thats good, but My spaceship went off screen :S And then I couldent get it back :P
Yeh im trying to add barriers not but its hard because the server constantly tells its the location to move too so the barrier doesnt work. :) thanks all.

DuoPower
23-06-2007, 11:21 AM
lol at elwood :/

lew!
23-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Lmao Elw00d.

Posted by Elwood
Omgz i fink i r kl nd every1 luv me n i can argue much beta den evry1 else
!!

Oni
23-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Itz cuz e iz cul. Yeh anyway, Ive temporarily disabled it

Blob
23-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Itz cuz e iz cul. Yeh anyway, Ive temporarily disabled it

Im on it?

Rix
23-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey its Ryan mister blob man hows u and
OZZIE YOUR A PWNER CODER AND IF THEY DON"T BELIEVE U WE"LL START OUR OWN PWNAGE FORUM AND CALL IT THE OZZIELAND:P SO YOUR TRUE COLOURS CAN SHINE AND PWN THE REST OF Z WORLD!

Oni
23-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Im on it?
Yeh I put it back up :) and thanx rix

Blob
23-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Its stupid but its cool lol

Oni
23-06-2007, 12:51 PM
The only things not made by me are:
The swear filter and server setting stuff.

awelsh
23-06-2007, 01:00 PM
was fun :P im easily amused, went off screen too and couldnt get back :D

Oni
23-06-2007, 01:05 PM
was fun :P im easily amused, went off screen too and couldnt get back :D
Mmm I cant do collision detection, its not working.

Mentor
23-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Seems a bit buggy, firstly getting it to move isnt very stable, it doesnt seem particualy responcive? Also when i clicked in one plase i decided to zoom off the screen the other way o.0

Oni
23-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Seems a bit buggy, firstly getting it to move isnt very stable, it doesnt seem particualy responcive? Also when i clicked in one plase i decided to zoom off the screen the other way o.0
Its double click not single click which may be your problem, yes the zooming off is a problem which shouldnt happen, im trying to sort it out but cant find the problem.

Finding problems like those is why I created this thread :), because I didnt notice when I was testing it on my localhost

Mentor
23-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Its double click not single click which may be your problem, yes the zooming off is a problem which shouldnt happen, im trying to sort it out but cant find the problem.

Finding problems like those is why I created this thread :), because I didnt notice when I was testing it on my localhost

Well connection seems to work *i loged in twice* although i dont quite get how your driving off screen error works "/How do u calculate movements? Triganmirty on the mouse position when you double click as normal? or something server side "/

Also although im a flash noob still ive found the easiest way to keep people in a contaiment aria is just create an if to see if there outside the range of the playing, then set there x/y back to the edge onenterscreen, although i dont even know if thats what your useing to innate everything "/
the hittest method also works well for obj collisions ive found :)

Also as a suggestion, move the floor, not the ship, keep that central. That way u can make the romeing aria much more massive. Just calcuate all other objects positions from the edge of the floor/map symbol your useing :P

Oni
23-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Well connection seems to work *i loged in twice* although i dont quite get how your driving off screen error works "/How do u calculate movements? Triganmirty on the mouse position when you double click as normal? or something server side "/

Also although im a flash noob still ive found the easiest way to keep people in a contaiment aria is just create an if to see if there outside the range of the playing, then set there x/y back to the edge onenterscreen, although i dont even know if thats what your useing to innate everything "/
the hittest method also works well for obj collisions ive found :)

Also as a suggestion, move the floor, not the ship, keep that central. That way u can make the romeing aria much more massive. Just calcuate all other objects positions from the edge of the floor/map symbol your useing :P
I have tried hit tests its first thing I did but it doesnt work atall, it still just walks straight thorugh them. Ive never done anything like this before so its abit hit and miss for me.

The problem with making the terrain move instead of the ship is it makes it hard to locate where the other ships are from a ship if you get me.

Ini
23-06-2007, 06:04 PM
There are bound to ne errors as it is still in testing purposes.

Also i noticed elwood hasn't posted again since he got told lmao

Keep it up gearoge your doing well

Oni
23-06-2007, 07:04 PM
There are bound to ne errors as it is still in testing purposes.

Also i noticed elwood hasn't posted again since he got told lmao

Keep it up gearoge your doing well
Thankyou, and mentor has explained his idea over msn so I may use it.

Mentor
23-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Thankyou, and mentor has explained his idea over msn so I may use it.

Since u aint on msn i thought id just say here, well i created a little example bit of what i ment. Its a basic way of calcuating reletive object positions + some collison detection, its a little strange with some of its behavior though, but i was really just playing around.

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=relmovqm7.swf

(u control red car, arrows move it, its freeform with no barriers so u can drive forever, it just wont have much scenery to look at if you do.
Viper, poke me on msn if u want the fla :p

Ini
23-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Since u aint on msn i thought id just say here, well i created a little example bit of what i ment. Its a basic way of calcuating reletive object positions + some collison detection, its a little strange with some of its behavior though, but i was really just playing around.

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=relmovqm7.swf

(u control red car, arrows move it, its freeform with no barriers so u can drive forever, it just wont have much scenery to look at if you do.
Viper, poke me on msn if u want the fla :p

Omg that rocks ;]

Mentor
23-06-2007, 10:44 PM

O.O and i just though of a really good way to keep people in a certain aria :O Just use the hitTest function to check your in a constant collison with the background aria else disable ya engines and reverse ya a bit :D

e5..
23-06-2007, 10:50 PM
backpacks
tutorials
mouths move when they talk
facial expressions when they talk and that.. for example =] = : ) so they would smile and : ) = they smile etc..
get to be inside the ships and put furniture in it :o

also u can make plans to attack a ship, get gangs of people to help you attack... and the longer on the game u are the stronger u and ur ship are etc etc, sounds good tbh..

Oni
24-06-2007, 08:38 AM

O.O and i just though of a really good way to keep people in a certain aria :O Just use the hitTest function to check your in a constant collison with the background aria else disable ya engines and reverse ya a bit :D
mmmmmm, I understand what you mean now by the scrolling thing, I know the code but thats :)

.Suzu.
24-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Hooray for Viper :D
I'd love to see your game in a year and see how much it has advanced!
Perhaps people would be able to treat their boats as cars, and they pay to buy items that 'supe-up' their ship! Like.. spoiler on a car. LOL
Anyway, I appreciate your effort.
Keep up the good work :D

Limez
24-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Sounds Like Puzzle Pirates Tbh.

Ini
25-06-2007, 12:35 PM

Like real life bumper cars? If you hit a wall you bounce back so far?

today
25-06-2007, 12:37 PM
www.mmoccforum.com

Good idea to start :)

Ajax.
25-06-2007, 02:33 PM
www.mmoccforum.com (http://www.mmoccforum.com)

Good idea to start :)

Yep, great forum :)

today
25-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Till you get banned. LOL.

Mentor
25-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Like real life bumper cars? If you hit a wall you bounce back so far?
Ive got that in vex combat (game im making), you bounce of the walls :P

Ini
25-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Ive got that in vex combat (game im making), you bounce of the walls :P

Sounds good :P

Oni
25-06-2007, 03:08 PM
MMM, ive used mmocc forum before. I planned to post it but not till the actual sites up.

Ajax.
25-06-2007, 03:44 PM
MMM, ive used mmocc forum before. I planned to post it but not till the actual sites up.

Its a good community, good for help aswell.

com-bat
25-06-2007, 03:46 PM
How about you have your current client so far , as like docking station but change the avatar to a alien you can customise ect and you can fly from planet to station , station to station ect in First person steering mode of your ship . On planets you could attack stuff and other players in FPS mode buy stuf there too It would be a MMORPFPS

Get better ships / upgrades / better guns ect

Im sure you would get tonnes of support

You could try a mix of flash graphics and pixel art

Would like to see somthing like that

Ini
25-06-2007, 03:53 PM
How about you have your current client so far , as like docking station but change the avatar to a alien you can customise ect and you can fly from planet to station , station to station ect in First person steering mode of your ship . On planets you could attack stuff and other players in FPS mode buy stuf there too It would be a MMORPFPS

Get better ships / upgrades / better guns ect

Im sure you would get tonnes of support

You could try a mix of flash graphics and pixel art

Would like to see somthing like that

I like it.

Keep the ideas coming

Oni
25-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Just so you no chris is in the senior managenment and owns it with me :)

today
25-06-2007, 04:42 PM
was rather easy to guess that the way he posts. loll

Ajax.
25-06-2007, 04:44 PM

I love that idea.

today
25-06-2007, 04:45 PM
i would say something like EVE but thats way too advanced for you..

today
25-06-2007, 07:12 PM
BUMP what idea you having then? :]

Oni
25-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeh we are trying to keep it simple at the moment, at my school everyone plays text based games because the real ones are blocked so ill be creating some nifty features to get round it. I also dont like games like eve because of the downloads, many people wont trust them unless they are popular.

today
25-06-2007, 07:16 PM
then you have a virus checker lmao. ;\

Oni
25-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Id still rather have it open like it is at the moment

NOTE THE TEST CLIENT IS NOW CLOSED TILL ALPHA RELEASE

com-bat and Hollywood I may contact you within the next few weeks about your creativity and some vacant positions

today
25-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I've worked within MMOCC'S before [:

Limecity
Sureteheights and ermm the one owned by Matt from moccforum (to them who visit it)

Ini
25-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Ill be graphics staff to if you want ;]

Oni
25-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Ill be graphics staff to if you want ;]
You-Public graphics designer/Community manager/Owner
Me-Public coder/Co-ordinater/Owner
and ewwww suerte, dont you just hate constant

Oni
26-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Im thinking of making a constant storyline that carries on every month, abit like neopets. So the areas in the game change, eg in the story they have been attacked so certain areas may be blocked or unblocked and ships may be destroyed etc.

What do you think to this?

Ini
26-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Im thinking of making a constant storyline that carries on every month, abit like neopets. So the areas in the game change, eg in the story they have been attacked so certain areas may be blocked or unblocked and ships may be destroyed etc.

What do you think to this?

Sounds awesome, but you should make them update When they get destroyed.

Maybee you could have like Gangs and they can have there own teritory, and they can make it how they want to look

hadouken!
26-06-2007, 09:58 PM
I think it's brilliant.

Oni
27-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Mmmm, I was thinking of making it a free game but if you want to make a clan or whatever you pay say £10 for a planet or whatever with one area then pay an extra £5 for every new area.

Ajax.
27-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Mmmm, I was thinking of making it a free game but if you want to make a clan or whatever you pay say £10 for a planet or whatever with one area then pay an extra £5 for every new area.

Good Idea, You may make abit Of cash.

I would probs pay if the game turns out well :)

Ini
27-06-2007, 06:26 PM

And the planet owners can sell parts off to other members.

And there planets can be attacked by higher ranked members ;]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!