PDA

View Full Version : British girl, aged two, joins high IQ club

dirrty
23-06-2007, 02:14 PM
A two-year-old girl with an intelligence quotient of 152 has become the youngest current member of British Mensa, the international society for highly-intelligent people, it said Friday.

Georgia Brown, aged two years and 10 months, was welcomed into the exclusive club after an assessment by a child psychologist, who was said to be "elated" as the findings were what would be expected for a five or six-year-old.
But the little girl, from Aldershot, in southern England, is still not the youngest member ever to join British Mensa. She missed out by six days to Ben Woods, who joined in the 1990s.
The previous youngest current member was a three-year-old boy with an IQ of 137, who joined in 2005.
Mensa normally only tests people over the age of 10 and a half but accepts younger children who are found to be within the top two percent of the population.
The girl's mother, Lucy, was quoted by the BBC News website as saying that she called in the child psychologist to test her daughter's IQ after spotting that she was a quick developer.
"It's fantastic. We're so proud as a family," she said.
Mensa, which is Latin for table, seeks to identify and foster human intelligence for the benefit of humanity, according to its website.
It also seeks to provide a stimulating intellectual and social environment for its members as well as to encourage research into the nature, characteristics, and uses of intelligence.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070622/tod-britain-education-7f81b96.html

bloody hell. 2 years old and has a iq of that high? imagine her iq when she is 20.

Browney
23-06-2007, 02:17 PM
She's smarter than me. Grr.

GJay
24-06-2007, 11:15 AM
She's smarter than most people. Her IQ will probably improve over the years especially with this school thing she's at.

Eckuii
24-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Yay :D she isnt smarter than me lol

Dan2nd
24-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm dumber than a two year old go me :D

luke-p
24-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I say, re-test her incase it was a fluke :P

Energizer
24-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Lol, she's got a higher IQ than me..

Brody
24-06-2007, 12:03 PM
i dont no what my iq is soo..

let just say she aint smarter than me:)

Virgin Mary
24-06-2007, 02:19 PM
It's 152 as a 2-year-old's equivalent.

OMGitsaROSS
24-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Bet she is a snob

Sammeth.
25-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Those who are saying that a 2 year old is smarter than them, then their IQ must be pretty low. 150 for a 2 year old is about the equivalent to around 30 for a grown adult I would say!

Remember how your IQ is calculated: Mental age divided by Chronological age multiplied by 100.

You have to take age into account, the figures change with age.

FlyingJesus
25-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Imagine the pressures being put on that kid.. without being a *** about it my IQ was probably about that at an early age (perhaps not 2, but as a small child I was pretty exceptional) and I'd have hated that. I had special advanced classes in first school and that was good, but an entire organisation would be a bit daunting for a kid.

Mentor
25-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Personally i really dont think Iq is a particualy good meaure of intellegnce, since its highly bias towards certain arias of society and far from infallible. Secondly, at age 2 whats really the point. I really dont think they should force children that young to undertake this sort of thing, at least wait till the old enough to choose for themselves.

Another question i have about this, is who the hell gives there 2 year old child an iq test?

Net-Margin
25-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Personally i really dont think Iq is a particualy good meaure of intellegnce, since its highly bias towards certain arias of society and far from infallible. Secondly, at age 2 whats really the point. I really dont think they should force children that young to undertake this sort of thing, at least wait till the old enough to choose for themselves.

Another question i have about this, is who the hell gives there 2 year old child an iq test?

This rather random family whom falls in a tester possibly hoping for some fame, and then watch their child grow into an arrogant snob..

:Hazel
25-06-2007, 09:11 AM
i dunno my IQ but hers is probably better than mine :P

Concentric2
25-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Sammeth makes a good point - the score is greater for a younger person of the same "intelligence".

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!