PDA

View Full Version : UFO sightings over the Channel Islands

Jodie!
23-06-2007, 04:37 PM
'I've Never Seen Anything Like It'

Two of the largest UFOs ever seen have been observed by the crew and passengers of an aeroplane over the Channel Islands.

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, reported seeing two cigar-shaped objects each up to a mile wide in the sky near Guernsey.

On spying the first object, Mr Bowyer said: "It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area. It was 2,000ft up and stationary.

"I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a 737.

"But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

Continuing his approach to Guernsey, Bowyer then spied a "second identical object further to the west".

He said: "I'm certainly not saying that it was something of another world. All I'm saying is that I have never seen anything like it before in all my years of flying."

[B]The sightings (http://skynews9.typepad.com/my_blog/2007/06/ufo-sighting-in.html#comments) were also confirmed by passengers Kate and John Russell and an unnamed second pilot.

Mr Russell, 74, said: "I saw an orange light. It was like an elongated oval."

Nick Pope, the former head of the Ministry of Defence's UFO Project, told Sky News: "In a very literal sense this is a UFO because there is no definitive explanation as to what it is."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1271821,00.html

Ashhizzle
23-06-2007, 06:12 PM
i was abducted by aliens last night aswel :rolleyes:

Breakfloor
23-06-2007, 06:14 PM
i was on the pull with aliens last night.

Dan2nd
23-06-2007, 08:36 PM
i was abducted by aliens last night aswel :rolleyes:
Lol funny :)

i was on the pull with aliens last night.
*cough*

Awsome I don't know if this UFO is from another world but I really want Earth to make conact with intelligent life in my life time :D

Minstrels
24-06-2007, 12:38 AM
So the pilot and passengers were stoned right?

:Hazel
24-06-2007, 12:57 AM
maybe there was something put in their plane food...

beau03
24-06-2007, 02:30 AM
So the pilot and passengers were stoned right?

LOL thats funny irl! +rep

and yh probably ;p lol

Mentor
24-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Awsome I don't know if this UFO is from another world but I really want Earth to make conact with intelligent life in my life time :D
Cant be that intelligent if it would want to come here of all places

lSander
24-06-2007, 04:24 PM
There were 2 A380's, uncoloured, you know, they look kinda green and brownish, + they were stoned, as someone said :D.

Lyca
24-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Say they are from another world, they hvae better brains thann us as we struggle to ake it to the moon :s

Jinxey
24-06-2007, 04:43 PM
hmmm... I agree.. they were stoned lol

Nixt
24-06-2007, 04:45 PM
When people talk about UFOs why do people automatically assume that means aliens? Because it doesn't... Unidentified Flying Objects could be any number of things.

BL!NKEY
24-06-2007, 04:51 PM
When people talk about UFOs why do people automatically assume that means aliens? Because it doesn't... Unidentified Flying Objects could be any number of things.

Because as UFO does mean unidentified flying object it has also come to mean in popular culture the spacecraft of aliens.

When the pilot and passengers described the disks they wouldn't say that they looked like alien saucers because UFO is another word that means the same thing.

Real unidentified flying objects are usually other countries satellites or other weather crafts ect.

Personally I don't believe the story because I think if there is any other life that would come to earth, it would not be exactly like the science fiction versions with big eyes and gooey bodies riding in flying saucers.

Nixt
24-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Because as UFO does mean unidentified flying object it has also come to mean in popular culture the spacecraft of aliens.

That was basically my point :rolleyes:. People have come to believe that but it isn't true...

4:20
24-06-2007, 05:32 PM
They must have been really baked o.o

Jodie!
24-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I seen on the news about a year ago that scientists said that the UFO's
that people see could be balls of gas from the weather

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!