PDA

View Full Version : Men of War

Yayse
07-05-2005, 02:13 PM
The Beginning

“Patience! Inside now!”
There were people everywhere, screaming, running, bleeding, dying and me in the middle of it. I could see our house and my Mama standing in the doorway, she was beckoning me to come inside. So I ran. Dodging through the other men, women and children to try and reach the comforts of my home. I stumbled through the last of the swarming villagers; I ran up to her and hugged my Mama. I couldn’t get over the fear I had felt and the anxiety of reaching her, I couldn’t help but cry into Mama. She was my world.
I am Patience, I used to live peacefully in my home in Darfur, Sudan. My Mama is called Nina and I love her more than she knows. Mama said I used to have a brother and a baby sister, she says God needed them more than us and took them both. Papa left me and Nina, she told me how he loved another Mama and went to live away with her. I didn’t like him much, he made me call him Father not Papa, and he never told me stories or hugged me like my Mama does. I don’t miss him.
In Sudan people are suffering and in panic because of the war. Mama told me it’s called the Civil War because it’s all happening in our country, Sudan. You can never go out as far from the house anymore, you can’t stay out until the big moon shows every night, you can’t do anything like you could before. At night I’m scared to sleep in case of anything bad happening to me or Mama, she tells me we’ll be fine if we stay put and don’t wander. But I can’t help it. I ‘m too frightened, I’ve seen the men before, the men who make the war what it is.

[To be Continued]

KevSays
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Awesome so far.

Keep it up!

Yayse
11-05-2005, 05:34 PM
lol thank you :D

JamesRoe
11-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Slighlty strange :S but cool

Yayse
13-05-2005, 07:32 PM
cont.

Mama tells me the men were called the army, they’d arrive in their noisy jeeps. They travelled around in big groups and carried guns. Marching through Darfur, they shot innocent people and were getting increasingly worse. Firstly they would only kill those who disobeyed their orders, like when they retaliated or tried to flee from the country. Then they simply killed those who they thought deserved death. Sadly I and Mama were still there, in the middle of it all.
So it went on like that, we lived in fear of our own men.
Until one hot night we heard a gunshot, it startled me and I awoke. Slowly I propped myself up and looked around the room. I saw Mama who was already awake, she had a small bag of possessions in her hand and was getting herself ready, to what it looked like, go out.
“Mama?” I croaked, still half-asleep.
“Yes Patience?”
“Why are you readying yourself? Where are you going?”
“We are going out Patience. Now I suggest you pull on your clothes and be quick.”
I was extremely confused, but I obeyed Mama, I realised we were fleeing, like the ones before us had tried. We’d wake up some mornings only to see dead civilians littering the grounds in the distance. They’d be moved later on by the men of war. So I put on my clothes and returned to sitting back on the bed.

[more to come]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/lil_miss_pink/abbs.gif

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!