PDA

View Full Version : Self Pierced Lip :]

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah I done it on Thursday.
I wanted it so bad so i done it myself. And it's weird cause i thought it'd hurt so much. But it didn't.
I had to stretch the hole though 'cause it was too small. But now its 1.6mm, Pretty much the right size :]
It's all good.
Anyone else done it?

poll
24-06-2007, 10:28 AM
na im interested to see how well it came out pic?

Decapitated!
24-06-2007, 10:32 AM
i got myne done at a shop dident really hurt but i find it quite uncomfortable sometimes specially at school when chavs try and pull on it.

Callum.
24-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah my girlfriend is having hers done soon, by herself.

My mates aunty is a peircing specilist(sp?) and she said she would do mine even though i'm 14.

How long does it take to heal? And once it's healed, can you take out and put back in?

Hope yours don't get infected!

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Ha yeah chavs in my english class just looked and went..
''Is it real. Why did you want that, is it a lip piercing?''
What the hell do you think mate! Hah.
I'll Try take a decent picture soon. :]
- Edit :]
I don't know how long it takes to heal.
I'll look it up, Ooh and i'm looking after it pretty well. So it doesn't
get infected. I'm 14. Lol ^_^
Yeah you can take it out and put it back in.
But if you leave it out it'll just heal up after a while

Callum.
24-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Ha yeah chavs in my english class just looked and went..
''Is it real. Why did you want that, is it a lip piercing?''
What the hell do you think mate! Hah.
I'll Try take a decent picture soon. :]
- Edit :]
I don't know how long it takes to heal.
I'll look it up, Ooh and i'm looking after it pretty well. So it doesn't
get infected. I'm 14. Lol ^_^
Yeah you can take it out and put it back in.
But if you leave it out it'll just heal up after a while

I mean, say I got it done last week of term, and then let it had 7 weeks+ too heal, would it be ok to take out for school, and then put it back in after ofcourse?

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Ah i don't know.
because if you take it out i reckon it could
heal up real quickly. You can leave it out for a while.
But i'm keeping mine in for school. we have to have clear ones.
I'll probably only take it out to change it.

luke-p
24-06-2007, 11:34 AM
My mate done it for himself when he was drunk, I was like URGH Christ...

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, i wouldn't want it professionally done.
Even though all my other piercings have been.
I wanted to do it myself. All my friends think i'm mental.
Ha :]

Ashhizzle
24-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Ew, i'm never gunna get a peircing

English
24-06-2007, 12:03 PM
I mean, say I got it done last week of term, and then let it had 7 weeks+ too heal, would it be ok to take out for school, and then put it back in after ofcourse?
You can get retainers which are clear things to put in the lip/eyebrow or whatever piercing to stop it healing for if you need to take it out for school

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Thats what ive got atm.

famous
24-06-2007, 12:27 PM
what a stupid thing to do.
i hope you get an infection and it eats away your face.

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Haha, Yeah(Y)
Whatever mate.
Loads of people do it themselves.
Get over it.

famous
24-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Removed by Mr.Sam (Super Moderator) Do not be rude to other members.

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I just wanted to do it myself.
Simple.

Callum.
24-06-2007, 12:35 PM
its discusting, can you not afford to go to a real piercer ?
or will your mummy and daddy say no to it ?

if they do, you live under their roof, therefore you should obey their rules.

if your allowed it done, then go to a propper piercing salon, you dirty screb.

don't you have to be 16?

Decapitated!
24-06-2007, 01:05 PM
don't you have to be 16?

You can get your mum to phone and say that there allowed.

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah, it's 15 here, But if your under you need
parents permission.
Theres Loads of people that do it themselves
so why make a big deal out of it.
God. I hate it when some people have to be so immature
about simple things. I didn't ask for his opinion,
on how 'disgusting' it apparently is. So Ugh.
Cause it actually isnt

famous
24-06-2007, 02:37 PM
it is discusting.
it probably wasen't even sterile.

it's such a stupid thing to do, you probably dont even know anything about how to pierce a lip properly.

also the needles used in piercing places are different to household needles, and have a hollow inside so it takes out a small chunk of skin, using a normal needle will force and stretch the skin and will scar really bad, and shoving jewelerry through a hole that isn't even big enough is just stupid.

So don't call me immature, it's just common sense ?, but honestly, can you not afford to go to a propper place or something, because that much be the reason, because if you have it pierced your mum or dad must of let you keep it, so why didn't you just go get it done professionally ?

your pathetic.

Edited by mickyblue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't be rude towards other members.

Earthquake
24-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Lip piecing makes people look.. ew.. But i don't wanna sound mean, yea its a bloody brave thing doing that! welldone.

English
24-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Lip piercings are only about £25 where I live.

Kissed
24-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I had to re-pearce my belly peircing once.
That was pretty sick.

it is discusting.

it's such a stupid thing to do, you probably dont even know anything about how to pierce a lip properly.

also the needles used in piercing places are different to household needles, and have a hollow inside so it takes out a small chunk of skin, using a normal needle will force and stretch the skin and will scar really bad, and shoving jewelerry through a hole that isn't even big enough is just stupid.

So don't call me immature, it's just common sense ?, but honestly, can you not afford to go to a propper place or something, because that much be the reason, because if you have it pierced your mum or dad must of let you keep it, so why didn't you just go get it done professionally ?

your pathetic.

...Someone needs to get laid. ^^

Metric.
24-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah I done it on Thursday.
I wanted it so bad so i done it myself. And it's weird cause i thought it'd hurt so much. But it didn't.
I had to stretch the hole though 'cause it was too small. But now its 1.6mm, Pretty much the right size :]
It's all good.
Anyone else done it?

YES, AT SCHOOL.

Wiley
24-06-2007, 03:27 PM
o.o

I got my lip done professionally.

I did my nose myself though, And i did the top of my ears with a pin i found in the wall at school in like year 10. :rolleyes:

FlyingJesus
24-06-2007, 03:41 PM
If you sterilised the needle and jewellery before doing it then good on you, otherwise it was a stupid risk to take. Also with lip and tongue piercings you do need to be careful that you don't hit a vein, as on different people they go through different parts of the lip/tongue.

Sidenote: piercings don't make you cool. Don't start trying to get as many piercings as you can just to show off that you can do them/you're "against the system" (as piercings are clearly an anti-establishment thing [/sarcasm]) like a lot of people do.

famous
24-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I had to re-pearce my belly peircing once.
That was pretty sick.

...Someone needs to get laid. ^^

oh yes, because im desperate for sex.

Callum.
24-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Some questions seeing as some people seem to be knowledgeable.

I'm hopefully getting it done soon if I feel i'm ok with it.

How old do you have to be?
Can you have parental consent if you're under the age above?
Whats best to get, ring or a barbell or labret (Less annoying, quicker healing?)?
How long does it take to heal?
Would it be ok to take out after 6 weeks to put in a retainer?

H.bubbly
24-06-2007, 06:29 PM
it is discusting.

your pathetic.

For your information. I know what i'm doing. I've wanted it done for a while.
You seriously think i'm stupid or something.
Ive got other piercings Mate, I know how to treat it. You don't know me. Don't act like you know everything. I'VE ALREADY SAID!!! I JUST WANTED TO DO IT MYSELF.
I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE SHOVING A NEEDLE THROUGH MY LIP!!!! God get over yourself. Get off my thread!!!

FlyingJesus
24-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Some questions seeing as some people seem to be knowledgeable.

I'm hopefully getting it done soon if I feel i'm ok with it.

How old do you have to be?
Can you have parental consent if you're under the age above?
Whats best to get, ring or a barbell or labret (Less annoying, quicker healing?)?
How long does it take to heal?
Would it be ok to take out after 6 weeks to put in a retainer?

Technically there's no legal age of piercing in the UK that I know of, but most piercing parlours will ask that you're 16 (or 18 for genital piercings, for obvious reasons). However, under this age you can get pierced with parental consent.

If you're very young or if you have a lot of growing to do the piercer may recommend that you don't go for it just yet, and if they do this then take the advice because if they're refusing your money because they think it's not a good idea, then they must be right about it. Do not go to a different place and get it done anyway, you'll come to regret it.

Guessing you're still talking about lip, and labret is the basic lip piercing (centre, bottom lip) not a jewellery style. Ring or bar won't make much difference, except that a ring can obviously get caught much easier and so is less likely to get agitated (and therefore might have a quicker healing time). Healing time generally depends on the person, but it won't be a week or two if that's what you're hoping, and if your school has a policy against lip piercings, I'd wait until you finish school rather than risk having it close up/get agitated from changing jewellery too soon. As for having a retainer for it, ask your piercer if it's possible to be pierced and have the retainer straight away if you want that, just in case the above situation occurs.

Of course, I'm not a piercer myself, so I would still advise that you ask your local piercer these questions.

Callum.
24-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Technically there's no legal age of piercing in the UK that I know of, but most piercing parlours will ask that you're 16 (or 18 for genital piercings, for obvious reasons). However, under this age you can get pierced with parental consent.

If you're very young or if you have a lot of growing to do the piercer may recommend that you don't go for it just yet, and if they do this then take the advice because if they're refusing your money because they think it's not a good idea, then they must be right about it. Do not go to a different place and get it done anyway, you'll come to regret it.

Guessing you're still talking about lip, and labret is the basic lip piercing (centre, bottom lip) not a jewellery style. Ring or bar won't make much difference, except that a ring can obviously get caught much easier and so is less likely to get agitated (and therefore might have a quicker healing time). Healing time generally depends on the person, but it won't be a week or two if that's what you're hoping, and if your school has a policy against lip piercings, I'd wait until you finish school rather than risk having it close up/get agitated from changing jewellery too soon. As for having a retainer for it, ask your piercer if it's possible to be pierced and have the retainer straight away if you want that, just in case the above situation occurs.

Of course, I'm not a piercer myself, so I would still advise that you ask your local piercer these questions.

You really are great :)

Thanks a lot, and yeah, i'll see what they say.

Also, i'm getting it done summer holidays, then retainer in for school in 6 weeks. And no one at my school have lip piercings so i'll have to see :).

Thanks again.

today
24-06-2007, 10:09 PM
gettin ur lip done is so worth it (H) no pain ect.

=]] its reet fit.

Crono
24-06-2007, 10:16 PM
gettin ur lip done is so worth it (H) no pain ect.

=]] its reet fit.

Used to be worth it, until every other person on myspace got their lip pierced. Septum piercings are cooler, but more painful.

Self-piercing is dumb unless you really know what you're doing. You need to be extra careful about being clean.

FlyingJesus
24-06-2007, 10:30 PM
I've never seen a septum piercing I've liked, doesn't suit humans.

velvet
27-06-2007, 01:01 AM
yeah, i pierced my own labret a while ago, used a 14 gauge hollow needle & clamp, made sure everything was sterile.
i've done a few of my own piercings but I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself if you don't have the proper equipment and knowledge, since it can lead to all kind of problems, and in some cases be fatal.
But my schools pathetic and made me take it out, they won't even let you wear retainers :l

Foobar
27-06-2007, 03:32 AM
Lip rings are ugly, in my opinion

kerychuk
27-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Lip rings are ugly, in my opinion
I agree to, maybe just keep it earings and belly button peircing (sorry tired and cant spell very good tonight)

But good of you to do it yourself, just be sure to keep it sterial

Kissed
27-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Lip rings are hot tbh. (on boys)

today
27-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Lip rings are hot tbh. (on boys)
and girls ^^

lol.

shokz
27-06-2007, 02:17 PM
piercing on your lip ? LMAO total turn off!

Throne Sofa
27-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Lip piercings? Sounds crp..

cocaine
27-06-2007, 06:24 PM
it is discusting.

your pathetic.

Edited by mickyblue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't be rude towards other members.

put down your handbag miss piercings.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!