PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts?

cocaine
24-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Do you believe in ghosts?

And do you have any weird or paranormal stories?

I don't, but I do actually hear people moving around downstairs when I'm at home alone. It doesn't bother me one bit tbh.

velocity
24-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Nah, tricks of the might & light tbh.

Nightrose
24-06-2007, 10:01 PM
nah
tho i have a fear of mirrors and stuff because i feel like im being watched
stupid i know

i dont know if im a real phob of it because i can use them in a day its just night time
i mean i have to use them in the day

Eisoptrophobia-An abnormal and persistent fear of mirrors. Sufferers experience undue anxiety even though they realize their fear is irrational. Because their fear often is grounded in superstitions, they may worry that breaking a mirror will bring bad luck or that looking into a mirror will put them in contact with a supernatural world inside the glass.

ever since i learnt about all the urban legends with mirriors and the Ouija board

Energizer
24-06-2007, 10:09 PM
na i don't believe in ghosts.

Liam!
24-06-2007, 10:16 PM
i never really think about it.

no.

Wizzdom
24-06-2007, 10:17 PM
When i was younger and no lights were on, i would run up the stairs so fast! lol

Seren
24-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I've always believed in Ghosts, aswell as Aliens.

Ostinato
24-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Definitely.

This is quite weird, lol, but the night my grampa died me and my mum and dad sat up just discussing stuff etc. and kinda mourning. It was around 3am and on the blinds were shut. Then my mum was like "Look! :O" and we looked and there was like a really prominent shadow in the middle of it, like the silhouette of a man. So I think that was maybe my grampa just saying a final goodbye to us. :) Before he died, he was talking to people and when my mum and gran asked who, he said it was his mum and dad and sisters (who were already dead). Therefore, I think he could see them as he was being welcomed into heaven or whatever...

Also, this one's a bit more spooky haha. My mum told me that, when she used to work in a hospital (shes a nurse lol) there was a new girl on the reception desk. My mum had never seen her before and then she asked one of her friends later who it was, and they were like "no, no-one new has started today... :S". So my mum was a bit confused and then seen the woman walking down a corridor later on, then she phoned up the people higher than her in the hospital and was just enquiring about the new receptionist, but she was told there was definitely nobody new who would be working. However, it was a baby ward she was working on - so there wouldn't have been anyone else that wasn't supposed to be there. Then the next day in the paper, there was a wee article about a woman who had died in the hospital whilst giving birth to her child...

Lol quite scary but anyway, yeh - I defo do believe in ghosts! :)

Nightrose
24-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I have a story
in my old primany school there used to be this building called Hill tops and you would have to go up two flights of outside stairs to get up to it, once up there it was freezing cold and would take ages to heat up.
Anyway after a while they decided to build a cloak room underneath it ( it was at the back of the school)
one day i wanted to get something out of my bag that was in there, so me and mymate went into there, and i was looking out the glass door and this pale white girl stared right at me and then carried on walking, she looked like a little girl in her uniform and stuff.

we told some people but they never believed us

Putal
24-06-2007, 10:39 PM
I do.

I get hints of things before they happen. eg:

Two days ago our drive flooded because of the rain then when we went into town we bumped into one of the work men that layed our drive :P

And Ostinato, your second story made the hairs stand up on my back lol, very wierd lol.

lAdmire
24-06-2007, 10:53 PM
No, never had an experience where I would believe in one so until I have one, no.

:Jamie
24-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Do you believe in ghosts?

And do you have any weird or paranormal stories?

I don't, but I do actually hear people moving around downstairs when I'm at home alone. It doesn't bother me one bit tbh.

heh.

And yeh I do, my mums seen ghosts.

Jamie!
24-06-2007, 11:31 PM
when i start thinking about them i always get the feeling there is one behind me i hear the floorboards creek etc. thats just probably because i'm listening more though.

i ain't had an encounter with a ghost yet, but my grandad is adamant that he has seen the ghost of my nana. like if you say something that hints that you don't believe him, he gets seriously wound up and starts shouting n that.

Scouse
25-06-2007, 12:57 AM
my mum has. and she told me a story about when i was little we went to a park and theres a old house there and you pay to walk round and have a look and i was really young and i walked off and my mum found me talking to thin air and asked me who i was talking to and i said a man. then as we was walking out i pointed to an old painting and said thats the man i was talking to. so my mum thinks i was talking to his ghost! i love paranormal type things and id love to do a ouija board but my mum would kill me if i did it in our house and all my friends are to scared :P

-Soph-
25-06-2007, 01:42 AM
no I don't.

kerychuk
25-06-2007, 01:44 AM
I do, my mom said she had a few experiences when she was a nurse in the hospitals

:Hazel
25-06-2007, 09:09 AM
i havent a clue... more so yes than no i suppose.

le harry
25-06-2007, 09:19 AM
i have a mixed opinion, i dont know what to believe :(

Ekalb
25-06-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm not a strong believer in ghosts and paranormal things, I guess that's just how I was brought up but I have had one (so far) unexplained incident.

Me and my two brothers were outside with a telescope looking around and one time my older brother was looking through the scope, my oldest brother was doing some work on a piece of paper and I was just looking up and this strange almost cloud-like black thing seemed to dart above us, 'hover' for a while and then go away and almost in unison me and my older brother (who was looking through the telescope) said "what the **** was that?*

Niall!
25-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Yes very much so. I have had way to many freaky experiances to be as ignorant to say "No it's a load of crap"

Let me tell you a few stories involving me and my family

My mum was pregnant with my sister and I was shopping with my gran. She had went to bed and was falling asleep untill she heard the door open. The person who came in sounded heavy footed and walked around downstairs for awhile. My mum eventually called out whos there and then the footsteps starting coming upstairs. My mum lay in bed terrified and the door opened and the footsteps started walking around the room. The door closed and the footsteps stopped.

While I was unpacking the shopping with my gran (a few years later) I looked out into the hall and saw a man in a black cloak walking into the living room. He walked in and came out again turned to look at me and vanished. My gran witnessed it to.

A few years ago my nannie died, my big sister who doesn't live with us says she came back while she was in bed and said goodbye and that she'd always love the entire family. My sister reached out her hand but by the time my nannie had gone. Apparently my grandfather saw the same thing.

Oh and the fact I've had 3 perfect visions, one about our tire breaking down on the motorway one about.. oh can't remember just now and one about our house getting broken in to :)

Tbh
25-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Yes very much so. I have had way to many freaky experiances to be as ignorant to say "No it's a load of crap"

Let me tell you a few stories involving me and my family

My mum was pregnant with my sister and I was shopping with my gran. She had went to bed and was falling asleep untill she heard the door open. The person who came in sounded heavy footed and walked around downstairs for awhile. My mum eventually called out whos there and then the footsteps starting coming upstairs. My mum lay in bed terrified and the door opened and the footsteps started walking around the room. The door closed and the footsteps stopped.

While I was unpacking the shopping with my gran (a few years later) I looked out into the hall and saw a man in a black cloak walking into the living room. He walked in and came out again turned to look at me and vanished. My gran witnessed it to.

A few years ago my nannie died, my big sister who doesn't live with us says she came back while she was in bed and said goodbye and that she'd always love the entire family. My sister reached out her hand but by the time my nannie had gone. Apparently my grandfather saw the same thing.

Oh and the fact I've had 3 perfect visions, one about our tire breaking down on the motorway one about.. oh can't remember just now and one about our house getting broken in to :)

Strange it was always with your gran O.o
maybe it was idk.. deceased family member?

or someone wanting something from the shops?

i'd be scared tbh :l

Neversoft
25-06-2007, 01:09 PM
There has been so many threads on this.

Ghosts - No
Aliens - Yes

Niall!
25-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Strange it was always with your gran O.o
maybe it was idk.. deceased family member?

or someone wanting something from the shops?

i'd be scared tbh :l

Reckon it was my grans house
that's where my mum was sleeping

e5..
25-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Im not sure lol

Dan2nd
25-06-2007, 02:18 PM
My House is with out a doubt haunted so much has happened to me. Once I was alone at home and was watching american pie on DVD when the DVD player just turned off ! When I was little I was playing lego in my old house I left the room to get a drink came back and couldn't find it. last year I found that lego man in my room ...

I was once getting changed in my room when something poked me in the back. It was very creepy...

Ostinato
25-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Well I've already posted but I've noticed omse people are posting about "visions" and stuff as well...

When I was young I had a dream I was in my papa's house, except where I was sitting and everything definitely wasn't his current house and it was a compltely different one.

Then a few years later he moved house, and has his furniture set out in the way so which when I sit on a specific chair it matches exactly to my dream! xD

e5..
25-06-2007, 02:47 PM
i mean i do beleive in them but when i think about it i don't know as ive never encountered it and I hope I never do *touch wood*.

Dan2nd
25-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Well I've already posted but I've noticed omse people are posting about "visions" and stuff as well...

When I was young I had a dream I was in my papa's house, except where I was sitting and everything definitely wasn't his current house and it was a compltely different one.

Then a few years later he moved house, and has his furniture set out in the way so which when I sit on a specific chair it matches exactly to my dream! xD

that is quite spooky actually xD

I've never really had visions I have had deja vu though :P

abnormal
25-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Yes. I definately do.

I'm scared as hell right now.

Last night, I ran up the stairs, (knowing I don't like it dark below me. :P) And I went to my bedroom door, and I looked at the end of the hallway and there was a white figure standing there. So, knowing me, stupid as hell, I walked up to it, and then it just shouted SOON.
And then I remember waking up in the middle of the hallway. So, I'm scared as hell to go upstairs tonight. And I really need someone to help me find out what this means. So. ;l

WarezKid
25-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Wow, i always have a version where i can seen something, and it always happens

Like, When my mum brought a new car, i had one where she was gonna crash with my mum boyfriend, and it happened after the next 4/5 weeks.

I dunno when they are true or it just some dream and..i dunno

cocaine
25-06-2007, 03:09 PM
heh.

no i actually do.

people usually say that when they're scared or have an overactive imagination.

but im completely calm when it happens, so im not making up anything to excuse it or w/e

summer
25-06-2007, 03:25 PM
idk what i believe in. i'm not a total believer in ghosts/spirits or whatever, but i would never dismiss their existence completely.

MattyBoy
25-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I believe in ghosts. And i believe when they die they come back for 1 more time to say goodbye. And there is TOO many witnesses to prove me wrong. Then after they go to heaven and live there forever! Now onto my ghost sighting

One day my and my mate were messing about in my bedroom. And we suddenly heard a noise outside saying in this way "sshut up!" It was sort of quiet but we could hear it. So we got my phone and wanted video edvidence to check who it was so me (the brave git) got my phone and just slid it through the door hole. Kept it there for about 30 secs. Took it back and then i looked at it (this is the spooky part) And i saw a old man sort of faded stareing at the phone then disapeared. This has freaked me out ever since.

Ekalb
26-06-2007, 07:32 AM
I believe in ghosts. And i believe when they die they come back for 1 more time to say goodbye. And there is TOO many witnesses to prove me wrong. Then after they go to heaven and live there forever! Now onto my ghost sighting

One day my and my mate were messing about in my bedroom. And we suddenly heard a noise outside saying in this way "sshut up!" It was sort of quiet but we could hear it. So we got my phone and wanted video edvidence to check who it was so me (the brave git) got my phone and just slid it through the door hole. Kept it there for about 30 secs. Took it back and then i looked at it (this is the spooky part) And i saw a old man sort of faded stareing at the phone then disapeared. This has freaked me out ever since.

So you've got it on video?

chips
26-06-2007, 07:44 AM
silly little kids saying they see ghosts it cracks me up lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!