PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Trusted List!

BobX
25-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Ok, just look at this Runescape section "Is ___ Trusted?!?" x10000

So i suggest we bring back the trusted list, please post in the poll if you would like it or not, and leave a comment please :)

Thank you x

luke-p
25-06-2007, 04:34 PM
They should but I'm not sure becuase someone could get on the trusted list, and scam someone out of a hell of alot?

Jackk
25-06-2007, 04:35 PM
I think we should but we need to make it harder to get on it. Say like 5+ people who have been on the forum for longer than a year and has so many posts can be able to vote or something.

Cwmbran
25-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Bob for Mod! xo

I think it should be brought back and trades should be monitored more to see if the people on the list start scamming.

BobX
25-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I think we should but we need to make it harder to get on it. Say like 5+ people who have been on the forum for longer than a year and has so many posts or something.

Yeah they should make it harder to get on it.

Thanks Cwm :)

Jahova
25-06-2007, 04:40 PM
yes, put me on it this time =)

Teh Wub
25-06-2007, 04:42 PM
No - Everyone will put untrusted people or there friends on the list and people that are on the trusted list will think they have an advantage over other people.

Callum.
25-06-2007, 04:43 PM
No

ever since people started trading accounts, i think scamming by "trusted" people has occured a lot.

also, it's not your place to say whether it comes back

BobX
25-06-2007, 04:46 PM
No

ever since people started trading accounts, i think scamming by "trusted" people has occured a lot.

also, it's not your place to say whether it comes back

Im not saying whether it should or not, i asked the question with a poll "Should the trusted list be bought back?"

I just suggested it

Seren
25-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Nobody really used the list the last time plus a few scammers somehow got onto the list and used that to their advantage.

Redmoon Evil
25-06-2007, 04:48 PM
No. this guy scammed me then2 weeks later he was on the list.

BobX
25-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Fair points. There are obviously downsides and upsides to bringing the list back, hopefully this thread will shine some light n the both :D

Wow thats cheesey :(

Sly
25-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Naw make a scammers list then i got more chance of getting on it.

DJ-Vimto
25-06-2007, 06:33 PM
i think it should be brought back.

with the requirements being made stricter as some people have mentioned.

Elkaa
25-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Naw make a scammers list then i got more chance of getting on it.

Will never happen.

--

As for the thread, I like the idea of a trusted list. How you would get onto it would need to be thought out VERY well for it to work, though. People who are not on the list could also end up being excluded from trades simply because they are not on the list.

Would you trust someone not on the list?

How would they get into the list, in order to gain the trust, if they're not trusted?

Cwmbran
25-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Will never happen.

--

As for the thread, I like the idea of a trusted list. How you would get onto it would need to be thought out VERY well for it to work, though. People who are not on the list could also end up being excluded from trades simply because they are not on the list.

How would they get into the list, in order to gain the trust, if they're not trusted?

There was a trusted list before, and I believe a while ago there was also a scammers list? Anyway, I believe it hasn't been deleted so if you search the trading section for it then it could give you some ideas on how to improve it?

Actor
25-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, it still exists however it isn't stickied :)

salacious
25-06-2007, 07:58 PM
There should be a trading list, with people who do trades often, with evidence of successful and unsuccessful trades.

a diagram of my idea:

[Username]

successful trades, no proof;
successful trades, with proof;
unsuccessful trades, no proof;
unsuccessful trades, with proof;

The evidence would have to be PMed to a moderator and they would deem whether or not it can be accepted as evidence.

Just a thought.

[Jay]
25-06-2007, 08:03 PM
No point not only will its a waste of time someone can easily get on there by doing some trades and not scamming w/e then they will used the advantage of being on trusted list to scam which is usually a big scam like throne or a few mill etc...
Just leave it the way it is.....if you dont feal safe trading someone dont i know there is some sad people out there who like to scam pixels but thats life.

BobX
25-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for thought everyone ;) perhaps if like someone high up like mad or wvr reads it he could think of something.

meh

or something.

k
x

Edit:

@[Jay] Yes but if you look in the runescape section, all you see is "Is __ trusted?" this then leads to people saying no and getting infracted.

Elkaa
25-06-2007, 08:13 PM
There was a trusted list before, and I believe a while ago there was also a scammers list? Anyway, I believe it hasn't been deleted so if you search the trading section for it then it could give you some ideas on how to improve it?

The members of the Forum would have to think how best to use the thread. With them ideas, put together a suitable, sustainable idea and then forward it to a Moderator, who could then speak with the Forum Manager, at the time, and see if some kind of agreement could be made with regards to a safe list.

It is important to bare in mind the negatives, as well as the positives. Without looking at both sides, no arguement stands strong.

Yeah, it still exists however it isn't stickied :)

PM me a link please. :)

There should be a trading list, with people who do trades often, with evidence of successful and unsuccessful trades.

a diagram of my idea:

[Username]

successful trades, no proof;
successful trades, with proof;
unsuccessful trades, no proof;
unsuccessful trades, with proof;

The evidence would have to be PMed to a moderator and they would deem whether or not it can be accepted as evidence.

Just a thought.

That would be like Moderators were endorcing the use of the Name and Shame policy, and then we would become the judge of the situation as to whether or not it was a scam, and we could be wrong.

That idea relys on the no naming and shaming rule being lifted.

;3650991']No point not only will its a waste of time someone can easily get on there by doing some trades and not scamming w/e then they will used the advantage of being on trusted list to scam which is usually a big scam like throne or a few mill etc...
Just leave it the way it is.....if you dont feal safe trading someone dont i know there is some sad people out there who like to scam pixels but thats life.

Here are the draw backs. In the end, people could do exactly this and still scam. To trade, you need to trust the person - If you do not trust the person then if you get scammed, you are going to have to live with it. Spamming the Forum with their name might make you feel better, but in the result of it being a misunderstanding - You can't undo the damage.

The most important thing, is you think about both sides when doing something like this.

Callum.
26-06-2007, 06:42 AM
DO NOT bring it back please.

Most people who were on it last year used it as an advantage to scam. "yes i'm on the trusted list" and then they scam.

it only takes 10 mins to scam.

timROGERS
26-06-2007, 06:54 AM
The problem also is that it will be encouraging people to accuse others of scamming, apart from the obvious problem that scammers will work hard to get themselves onto the list.

Bun
26-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Please don't, it's not worth the hassle.

Youheard
26-06-2007, 01:53 PM
The trusted list was removed due to alot of the people on the list were beginning to use it as a vouch and then scam. I can be 90% sure the Trusted List wont be coming back.

348GTS
26-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Why don't they use someones Sub Forum? I would give mine up. Make it called "Rs Safe List" and then devise a point system.

JonJonStress
26-06-2007, 02:30 PM
people use the trusted list to scam. =x

Axel
26-06-2007, 03:44 PM
There's no need fr a trusted list, most of us know who is and isn't trusted. And some people do 5 succesful trades, get on the list, then scam like crazy.

Royal
26-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I don't mind if they bring it back I worked so hard to get on there and made trades when I didn't even need to :P, so I'm not doing that garbage again.

:Jamie
26-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Will never happen.

--

I made the list last time and it wasn't used much - We also made it harder to get on then the last list but some people still managed to get on who were scammers.

I don't think the list should be brought back as it just won't work - It was here not so long ago and wasn't used therefore its saying something. Just thank habbox for wrecking this part of the forum for allowing some rules to be changed. I doubt it was sierks doing to undo it and I believe MAD had a big part in getting him to allow for this rule to be taken away. Just like MAD enjoyed messing this part of the forum ages ago. Well done.

Just comes down to the point where you only trade the people you know who is trusted.

So ye no point bringing it back when its only just been taken away.

Lime_Jello
26-06-2007, 09:18 PM
They should but I'm not sure becuase someone could get on the trusted list, and scam someone out of a hell of alot?

Yep.. people will see a guy on trusted list and do a big trade first.. like 10 thrones for example?

The person wont be able to resist and they will scam :(

Seren
26-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I'll be on there.

BobX
26-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Update:

Elkaa has created the sticky: Naming & shaming, please read it before you trade anyone.

Axel
26-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Did he really need to create it in three sections?

BobX
26-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Lol i think its so people definatly read it before they trade, which is fair enough.

This thread can be closed now tbh ;s

Seren
26-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I agree.

26-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Did he really need to create it in three sections?

No and you need permission from MAD to make stickied topics and it doesn't have an edit - I doubt MAD would allow it to be put in the other sections.

The stickied thread is basically repeated from whats said in the other stickied threads so there was no need to make these stickied threads. Also theres nothing stopping him from editing the other stickied threads to add the information in.

We are also quite clear on the situation.

It could have been added into this thread -
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=283812 - The main forum
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=256131 - Trade forum
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=358130 - This is basically saying whats in the stickied thread.
No need for one in services & Jobs

Wizzdom
26-06-2007, 11:00 PM
No, earn trust. What i have done..

BobX
26-06-2007, 11:05 PM
No, earn trust. What i have done..

Btw i only suggesting bringing back the list with a question, im not bothered.

Hope that someone locks this soon.

Matty
27-06-2007, 12:26 AM
No, I wouldn't look at it if I was trading someone, I would only trade people I know are trusted.

BlIc
29-06-2007, 04:27 PM

true but you would still want to make sure there trusted even if they are on the trusted list :/

Lime_Jello
29-06-2007, 07:19 PM
You could bring back the trusted list but make sure that the person you list is safe.. like be super careful :)

29-06-2007, 07:23 PM
You could bring back the trusted list but make sure that the person you list is safe.. like be super careful :)

Like we didn't try last time - Won't work imo. :rolleyes:

The Professor
29-06-2007, 07:39 PM
I think it would be better for a "previous trades" list to be drawn up. When a successful trade is held, BOTH parties PM a mod/mods with details of the trade and who went first. Those details would then be added to the list. To gauge if someone is trusted from that list, just use the ctrl+f find feature to look for how many times a person's name appears on the list.

This would stop certain people being highlighted as "trusted," help newer members to work up a reputation and give forum members a picture of that person's past record. Of course, this would take commitment to maintain but if it is started and maintained by a dedicated team/mod(s) then i think it could work well.

--ss--
29-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Let the people trading have there own say if there trusted or not , The trusted list gives people more of a better chance of getting trades , they could use it to their own advantage and scam.

The Professor
29-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Let the people trading have there own say if there trusted or not , The trusted list gives people more of a better chance of getting trades , they could use it to their own advantage and scam.

Theres never going to be a 100% scamproof system on here unless we adopt a system like the blackmarket trading sites and appoint people in high places to be middlemen. But that isnt going to happen, so the trusted list/any other list is the lesser of two evils.

29-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I think it would be better for a "previous trades" list to be drawn up. When a successful trade is held, BOTH parties PM a mod/mods with details of the trade and who went first. Those details would then be added to the list. To gauge if someone is trusted from that list, just use the ctrl+f find feature to look for how many times a person's name appears on the list.

This would stop certain people being highlighted as "trusted," help newer members to work up a reputation and give forum members a picture of that person's past record. Of course, this would take commitment to maintain but if it is started and maintained by a dedicated team/mod(s) then i think it could work well.

Did that before, didn't work. Most details are said in the threads with who goes firsts and normally reply in the thread with ty +rep very trusted or stuff like that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!