PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Brown

Dan2nd
26-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Gordon Brown becomes Primeminister tommorow how o you think he'll do? will he do better than Tony Blair?

DISCUSS !

Fonejacker
27-06-2007, 12:09 AM
I liked tony blair. Bring back winston churchhill!

Frodo13.
27-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I liked tony blair. Bring back winston churchhill!

That will be difficult, as he is dead. Its quite odd for me, because he is the Prime Minister I have always seen in the news, I dont remember a Prime Minister before him. I don't think Brown will win the next election though...

Putal
27-06-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't have an opinion on him yet, he will have to do a good job to do better than Tonly Blair though.

:Hazel
27-06-2007, 11:45 AM
i suppose the phrase "we'll see" comes to mind.

Sammeth.
27-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Im watching the handover live on BBC1 :P I am one of those cool kids. Oh yes. Gordon Brown all the way tbh, I couldnt really see anyone else taking over.

shokz
27-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Gordon brown will NOT do good for this country, mark my words

DiscoPat
27-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Well hes main priorities are education and health so.. Time will show if he is good but as the queen chose him, she must know what shes doing

-Soph-
27-06-2007, 03:00 PM
wow.. I was totally oblivious to this happening, this is the first time i've heard about this... haha.

and really... I think he'll do a better job than Blair, although I did like him and I think he was hated for well... not a good reason, but only time will tell.

Pawf
27-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Well hes main priorities are education and health so.. Time will show if he is good but as the queen chose him, she must know what shes doing

The Queen has no power, asking him to form government is just a pleasantry. The only group who've had a say is the Labour party and, whilst it may seem unfair, they have been elected by the people to make decisions.

Brown will want his position to seem legitimate and will call a general election which he will win.

shokz
27-06-2007, 06:48 PM
The Queen has no power, asking him to form government is just a pleasantry. The only group who've had a say is the Labour party and, whilst it may seem unfair, they have been elected by the people to make decisions.

Brown will want his position to seem legitimate and will call a general election which he will win.
lol@you

the queen is the person who makes him PM

TheGayOne
27-06-2007, 08:16 PM
brown will not win an election he chooses to have one,

He wont choose to do an election for as long as he cana void it, conservatives much more popular now

David Cameron ftw :P

Maximo
27-06-2007, 08:30 PM
lol@you

lol the Queen's role is just ceremonial, he was chosen to be PM by the Labour party, she just does it for tradition, she wouldn't of been able to choose Brown if the party had chosen someone else, she didn't just wake up and say, do you know what I'm going to elect Brown.

I hope that when Brown calls an election, that he absolutely crushes Cameron, we don't need another Blair, if Cameron gets voted in we may as well of just kept Blair happy and kept him in, because there basically the same, I'd like to see a PM with my substance and style and with actually policies.

Virgin Mary
27-06-2007, 09:11 PM
As long as she doesn't put the Tories in power, which I doubt she ever will after what that fish David Cameron said. She should just dissolve the Tory party all together. You only get educated into believing the Queen has no power so the government is believed to be the be all and end all of Britain.

dirrty
27-06-2007, 09:15 PM
we have to see what he does before we can judge him tbh.

Hecktix1
27-06-2007, 09:17 PM
He will do better than Blair. It's not exactly hard.

I suppose, out of the current parties Labour are the best.

As long as the country doesn't go tory i'll be ok.

But I despise Labour though.

today
27-06-2007, 09:18 PM
tbh i dont really care haha.

Oni
27-06-2007, 09:49 PM
What annoys me is hes like its time for change etc, you'd think he hasnt been deputy pm for the last 10 years.

Lycan
27-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh i love my chocolate blair.... going to miss plain blair though ....

but i'm still a labour supporter.

Yum999
27-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Brown is a bit of no-nonsense, no messing around political machine, Blair has a lot of charisma.

I'm interested to see how Brown will transist from a decade of money management to general politics, but he's showing a firm hand so far and that could well be what we need right now. If he makes a decent transition, the '09 election could be very tight indeed. He could pull off a victory.

Cameron is starting to become less of a novelty now, so he really needs to take Brown on and put pressure on him to be competitive in the next election. If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said the Conservatives were heading towards a landslide, but I think Brown will do well and it wouldn't surprise me too much to see him win the election.

Liberal Democrats will not be the main contenders in the next election. Campbell is too old to lead a party into government, and the LibDems don't get much of the spotlight when it comes to an election. It'll be Brown V Cameron and New Labour V Conservatives.

-:Undertaker:-
28-06-2007, 05:56 PM
lol@you

Actually the role is cermonious.

brown will not win an election he chooses to have one,

He wont choose to do an election for as long as he cana void it, conservatives much more popular now

David Cameron ftw :P

An election is called every 4/5 years, you cannot get away without calling one.

David Cameron is a moron, could you name some of his policies please?

As long as she doesn't put the Tories in power, which I doubt she ever will after what that fish David Cameron said. She should just dissolve the Tory party all together. You only get educated into believing the Queen has no power so the government is believed to be the be all and end all of Britain.

She can't refuse to put them in power.
She can't dissolve a party.
What you just said is rubbish, she has no power - face it.Cameron is a moron, but conservatives like Howard and Thacther are REAL conservatives in my opinion.

Maximo
28-06-2007, 07:08 PM
^Exactly, Cameron Conservatives have no viable policies, and true about the royal powers as I already said.

Personally I can't wait for Brown to come in, and will be voting for him in the next elections (and I used to be head of the Conservative Future in my area) it's about time this country had a serious politician as opposed to a celebrity.

xzl.
28-06-2007, 07:25 PM
to be honest i dont think much of a difference will occur.
but we'll see. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!