PDA

View Full Version : Braces

BellyButtons
27-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Umm I think this is in the right section...

Well anyway, I might have to get braces soon and i really dunno :{ loads of people say the dentist lady cut them and stuff and then people talk about retainers and stuff and i don't want anything like that :l

Also if i did get it done you can have bits on it right well could i have like some butterflies on it or somethin??

cocaine
27-06-2007, 06:12 PM
they are nothing to worry about lmao.

BellyButtons
27-06-2007, 06:15 PM
they are nothing to worry about lmao.

yea but i don't want any silly ***** cutting my lip open and i dont wanna walk around with some huge crap in my mouth for the rest of my life either :{

Lycan
27-06-2007, 06:16 PM
i could never be bothered with braces personally

mine would of been only for beauty purposes (bringing a k9 down a tiny bit , but would involve taking out 2 teeth... i coudn't see the point) only person that has to put up with my teeth and thats me and me gf.

braces can cut gums, do hurt when tightened and you can different coloured bands (if required) or if its traintracks you can all sorts of boring crap

cocaine
27-06-2007, 06:17 PM
yea but i don't want any silly ***** cutting my lip open and i dont wanna walk around with some huge crap in my mouth for the rest of my life either :{

since when do braces go into your lip :S

they glue them to your teeth.

and they're only in for a few years..

Lycan
27-06-2007, 06:20 PM
since when do braces go into your lip :S

they glue them to your teeth.

and they're only in for a few years..

since teeth do rub against lips?

when your mouth gets banged it cuts them, many a time have a laughed (felt sorry for) someone who has had that happen

cocaine
27-06-2007, 06:21 PM
since teeth do rub against lips?

when your mouth gets banged it cuts them, many a time have a laughed (felt sorry for) someone who has had that happen

lmao the squares on the brace have a rubber coating.

Lycan
27-06-2007, 06:24 PM
lmao the squares on the brace have a rubber coating.

... i could cut you with a plastic spoon and thats plastic coated.

the damn thing cuts... remind me to take a picture next time i see something in pain with braces =P

then i may feed the citrus fruit just for a laugh

BellyButtons
27-06-2007, 06:28 PM
:O I'm not having it done *scared* and when i ment cut i mean when they are being put on. if they cut me i'd end up like screaming or something cus i'm like that :(

Lycan
27-06-2007, 06:29 PM
:O I'm not having it done *scared* and when i ment cut i mean when they are being put on. if they cut me i'd end up like screaming or something cus i'm like that :(

ah well... have fun with that =P

cocaine
27-06-2007, 06:30 PM

:rolleyes:

if your terrified of braces then.. well.. that says it all really.

scubadiva
27-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Braces are fine, but don't move your mouth when you get them tightened, your teeth kill...

DiscoPat
27-06-2007, 09:06 PM
good luck lol, no ones making me wear braces lol

speedylight93
27-06-2007, 11:16 PM
they do cut your mouth especially when you sleep, you wake up with raw gums. I found them the worst on my bottom lip, i'd wake up and it would be white and raw so whenever i ate something salty it hurt but it did heal pretty quick, and you can use wax to avoid this. and for retainers, i have clear ones so no one even notices, although you have to take them out when you eat and they can be a pain, but you get use to them and it barely feels like your wearing one. and if you don't like the colors or whatever, you can get clear braces which arent as noticeable, but they do cost more. oh and by the way, they don't cut you when you get them on either. well atleast they didn't cut me.

PriceTags
28-06-2007, 10:58 AM

Your worries and assumptions are completely uneducated... I have to have braces soon, and I'm rather looking forward to it. Once someone solves one worry, you just make up another one... It's as if you want to worry about it. Think about it. Would you rather have goofy teeth for the rest of your life, or endure the odd bit of pain every few weeks and be super pretty?

And you said you don't want anything huge in your mouth, they've moved on a bit since they made you look like a cave man.

BellyButtons
29-06-2007, 08:54 PM
It's my job to worry :p

I've talked to loads of people about it and all of them have said it hurt and they've been cut...

And I dunno, is the amount of pain worth looking super pretty ?

-:Undertaker:-
29-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I had them, there IS NO PAIN what so ever, when you first get them on they may feel like pressure in on your teeth, but that;'s only for a few days then your fine!

Honestly, nothing to worry about :)

Djcafc.
29-06-2007, 09:46 PM
i had mine for a year hated them at first because they hurt when you first get them on abit and you feel weird but after a couple of days you get used to it and feel back to your old self i still have to wear my retainers of a night just to make sure they dont cross again but other than that my whole experience of braces was a good one

@xP
29-06-2007, 10:37 PM
i had braces. they wern't a problem.

puttin them on wern't a problem just make your teeh ache.
Taking them off no problem.

i now have a retainer.

Nothing to worry about.

Stephen
29-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I've had my braces for nearly a year now and I love em :l They never hurt and they are nice and pink! lol

PriceTags
30-06-2007, 12:02 AM
It's my job to worry :p

I've talked to loads of people about it and all of them have said it hurt and they've been cut...

And I dunno, is the amount of pain worth looking super pretty ?

It's not your job to worry about everything you can, though. I think if there was a lot of pain, the people who do have braces would be in absolute agony with their faces screwed up and sobbing.

I think that us soon-to-be bracefaces should look forward to the new, less goofy people we will be.

And those people you talk to are complete prima donnas. Or they just have a bobbins orthadontist. I'll probably regret saying all this when I do get braces, and I'll be posting about the agony, screwed up face and sobbing I've been doing.

Sammeth.
30-06-2007, 02:51 AM
When I had mine it was fine for like 3 hours. THEN it caned for like 5 days. After that you wont notice it. Except for when it is tightened. CRINGE.

PriceTags
30-06-2007, 11:25 AM
When I had mine it was fine for like 3 hours. THEN it caned for like 5 days. After that you wont notice it. Except for when it is tightened. CRINGE.

How often do you get them tightened?

RunescapeWorker
01-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Braces were one of the best things that ever happened to me, wow I got pink braces and the girls LOVED it. Got me the extra girlfriend :)

Phreedom
12-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I get mine off august 9th.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!