PDA

View Full Version : Stupid American Bill dropped

Joemaphobe
27-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Virginia drops droopy pants bill

Virginia lawmakers have decided to drop a bill which would have fined people for letting their underwear show "in a lewd or indecent manner". Youngsters exposing too much of their boxers or G-strings could be fined $50 (£26), the "droopy pants" bill said.
But after the state house passed the bill on Tuesday, a Senate committee killed it unanimously two days later.
Republican Senator Kenneth Stolle, who chaired the committee, said the bill had become "a distraction".
Another Republican senator, Thomas K Norment, warned that media reports had ridiculed lawmakers by making them look as though they were focussing on futile topics.
"I find that an indignation, which dampens my humour," he said.
A small crowd of 75 government students from Surry County High School attended the committee hearing.
Racial discrimination?
One of them, 17-year-old Elvyn Shaw, said: "If people in Florida can wear bikinis, a little underwear showing isn't going to hurt anybody."
The habit of wearing low trousers was introduced by black youngsters, rappers and skateboarders in particular, but has become widely popular among young people of all races.
Democrat delegate Algie T Howell drafted his proposal after hearing people at his barber's shop complain about the trend and saying they felt offended by it.
Mr Howell did not comment right after the committee vote in which the bill was rejected.
The bill had already attracted criticism from a Democrat delegate, Lionell Spruill, who called it "foolish" - and urged fellow politicians to remember their own former embarrassments, including Afro haircuts, platform shoes and shiny polyester "shell suits".
"This is going to be a bill that targets blacks," he had warned.
"You know who they are going to stop."

LOL how stupid was it to make that bill in the first place?

VPSwow
27-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Hmm strange lol

today
27-06-2007, 09:37 PM
LOL@ that tho

dirrty
27-06-2007, 09:38 PM
lmao
so many stupid things like that in this world.

Nightrose
01-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Lol x
x

CrazyColaist
01-07-2007, 07:18 PM
LOL ANYONE WANA SEE MY BOXERS?

-Soph-
02-07-2007, 03:49 AM
ROFL at that

Joemaphobe
02-07-2007, 09:44 PM
It's like:
*Drops money on floor*
*boxers show*
**** ME! PHONE THE POLICE .

LOL

-Soph-
05-07-2007, 08:12 AM
i'd say like, 1/2 of the boys at my school show their boxers.

lAdmire
09-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Some people find it disgusting, but I personally don't mind. && yes, black youngsters, rappers && skateboarders but everyone has an opinion on how they want to dress. Why does their clothing affect someone else that they had to create a bill on it? If you don't like the way they dress, don't look at them. Let them be. Let's hear the next dumb bill to come out. Now, the girls && their g-strings showing I understand because it's not appealing. Men like it obv, but when you bend down I don't wanna see your bum crack hanging out your pants. At least, for the guys, it's a different thing. Their bum crack isn't showing. && when people low ride, their boxers aren't showing because they normally wear big hoodies, or big tees that hang down to cover it up. So, yeah.

Jambe
11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Strange Rofl lol at that

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!