PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the OotP [Released Tomorrow]

Frodo13.
28-06-2007, 09:59 AM
A game, Im personally looking forward to, so I thought I'd post some info

In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry returns for his fifth year of study at Hogwarts and discovers that much of the wizarding community has been denied the truth about the teenager’s recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort. Fearing that Hogwarts’ venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort’s return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defence1 Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge’s Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting of his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of students who name themselves “Dumbledore’s Army,” Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing the courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle that lies ahead.

Features:

Explore the Hogwarts from the movie and discover its magical secrets using the gesture-based spell casting system. Talk to the portraits, complete their missions and gain passwords for shortcuts around Hogwarts. The player can interact with virtually everything they come across, gain discovery points and unlock secrets in the Room of Rewards.

Find and recruit the members of Dumbledore’s Army. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’s nonlinear gameplay allow the player to choose where they go, what they do and when they do it, within the magical surroundings of Hogwarts.

Complete side-missions for teachers and attend Herbology, Charms, Transfiguration and Potions classes to earn O.W.L. grades. Achieving “Outstanding” opens secret areas of the castle!!

Compete in Exploding Snap, Gobstones and Wizard Chess games throughout Hogwarts and challenge the best from each house.

Play the key moments from the movie, from the Dementor attack in Little Whinging to the ferocious battles at the Ministry of Magic. Experience the most authentic-to-the-movie game experience in Harry Potter videogame history: the castle is built from the same blueprints used to build the movie sets; actual movie assets were referenced to create a more authentic feel; many of the movie’s actors have been head scanned and contribute their actual character voices; and the key Harry Potter music theme can be heard in this videogame.

Fly Fred and George out of Hogwarts as they escape Umbridge’s regime. Play as Sirius Black to protect Harry as you confront Bellatrix Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy in the Ministry of Magic. Play as Dumbledore in his momentous final confrontation with Voldemort.

The game will be availible for PS2, PS3, Wii, 360, PSP, DS, GBA and also on Windows and Mac OS X

On PS3 and Wii, spells are cast using SixAxis and Wiimote

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/3/0/9/330932ss1.jpg

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/3/0/9/330932ss2.jpg

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/3/0/9/330932ss3.jpg

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/3/0/9/330932ss4.jpg

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/3/0/9/330932ss6.jpg
All pictures are taken from a PS3 console

Alkaz
28-06-2007, 10:06 AM
OMG That sounds really good. +REP

Nixt
28-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I hope it's better than the Goblet of Fire game, which was really crap. I preferred the earlier games, particularly Chamber of Secrets. This looks really good though, thanks for the info :) +rep.

Neil
28-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I wont be buying this, if my bro buys it then I'll play it, I'm not at all a fan of Harry Potter so deffinatly not on my to buy list :P graphics look nice though

Frodo13.
28-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I hope it's better than the Goblet of Fire game, which was really crap. I preferred the earlier games, particularly Chamber of Secrets. This looks really good though, thanks for the info :) +rep.

Ya, GoF was awful. This one is set to be like the others, where you can wonder around the castle etc

Pyroka
28-06-2007, 11:07 AM
... Harry potter. Jesus christ. -.- Any guesses on what I'm not going to buy during my lifetime?

shokz
28-06-2007, 08:17 PM
out tomorrow ?! wow went quick

may buy it

Antallica
29-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Nice pics there.

Neil
02-07-2007, 10:42 PM
My friend was playing the 360 version in GAME and damn it looks hard, you use the right stick to cast spells looks so hard xD

Frodo13.
03-07-2007, 12:35 PM
My friend was playing the 360 version in GAME and damn it looks hard, you use the right stick to cast spells looks so hard xD

I compleated the story after 2days :D Now Im just finding all the secret passages and trying to get 'O' in all the leassons

reindeer.
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Yep, i was doing the same, solid, a load of crap tbh. Books ftw.

PenguinFluid
05-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Getting this on the wii

Eamonn
05-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I wont be buying this, if my bro buys it then I'll play it, I'm not at all a fan of Harry Potter so deffinatly not on my to buy list :P graphics look nice though
Yeah I hated GoF, I hated how you chose the stages, I prefer it when you can walk around like all the others and I will be getting this I don't know whether to get it on PC or PS2 because I had POA on PC and GOF on PS2 and they were both good.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!