PDA

View Full Version : Answer to: 'Are you allowed to swear?'

Xarea
28-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Alot of people were calling for help, etc, as they didn't want to get banned.

http://uploadz.co.uk/974filter.png

Hitman
28-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah, ione said we can swear, but not call each other swear words :)

MattyBoy
lol at heidster swearing

Sammeth.
LMAO @ Heidster. I think she used a good example :P

Greig,
ok then... lol never thought i'd see staff swearing

MattyBoy
28-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, i got a few more updates, homepage has been updated with new features on it (design of it = baddest design habbo have ever made) and when i log in i go straight to guest rooms

PaulMacC
28-06-2007, 01:58 PM
I think Habboxforum should make this move aswell :)

Markness.
28-06-2007, 02:47 PM
did she wuote south park :O

remember the episode when they said **** on tv, mr garrison was explaining how you could use it etc :P

@xP
28-06-2007, 04:27 PM
lol at heidster swearing

lol, it's funny it seems weird tbh.

Lerf
28-06-2007, 04:29 PM
The filter is back for me...

Xarea
28-06-2007, 04:32 PM
The filter is back for me...

You need to turn it off (Under 'My Motto').

Jericho
28-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Grrr... I hate thrived and Skaterpoop.

So up there own backsides.

LOL. Heidster is cool, great example. Does this mean 13+yr olds can swear on fansites? :P

e5..
28-06-2007, 05:36 PM
lol ok... so you can't direct it at somebody.

Fez
28-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Ah damnit....... I hate been 12

lScottl
28-06-2007, 05:49 PM
i type only what i talk like irl

Shatterstar
28-06-2007, 05:53 PM
LOL.
and Thrived is actually pathetic.

Frisky
28-06-2007, 07:12 PM
ROFL @ HEIDSTER. Nice example girl!

Neversoft
28-06-2007, 07:14 PM
You are complete **** and I hate you.

For some reason whenever someone swears over console it comes out as bobba even though I have the filter off. Does this happen to anyone else?

xzl.
28-06-2007, 07:16 PM
LOL.
and Thrived is actually pathetic.
lol yeh :(
i like the new de-filter.
cool :D

=gamemaster=
28-06-2007, 07:18 PM
HAHAHA LOL THIS SOUNDS FUNNY :P

GommeInc
28-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Meh, the chances of me swearing is very low, unless I am commenting on a jokeor pretending to be someone. Although calling someone a ship head is tempting.

Duck Hunt
28-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Alot of people were calling for help, etc, as they didn't want to get banned.
http://uploadz.co.uk/974filter.png
LMAO Heidster called me a bad word :(

:Jamie
28-06-2007, 07:50 PM
The thing that is funny in that picture is.. Thrived being such an *** licker.

Zuar
28-06-2007, 07:51 PM
lol, about time some staff losened up :)
maybe it should happen on habboxforum?

Spotted
28-06-2007, 08:09 PM
lol at Thrived attempting to suck up

ebay
28-06-2007, 09:24 PM
i cant seem to do that

Fart
28-06-2007, 09:44 PM
haha when heidster swore that made me laugh even though everyone swears but habbo was so against swearing before!
I think i know why they let us swear if ur over 13+
If you think yeh
In movies
12- Mild comic language
15- Strong Language
18- Strong Language
So i think there just obbaying by that!
Could be , what do you think?

Mexel
28-06-2007, 10:41 PM
In 2001 there used to be a option to turn off the Bobba filter in your room lol

Leif
28-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I don't know about you guys but Thrived makes me so angry sometimes. Look at how she acts around a habbo staff, she thinks she is superior. She is such an idiot that I always want to get her back for stealing one of my game rooms in 2006. She stole my players, my users in my room line and my room idea...

beth
28-06-2007, 11:06 PM
oh brilliant. there's going to be a ******** of 10 year olds running around swearing because they're now allowed to on habbo but offline their mommys ban it.

fab.

Leif
28-06-2007, 11:10 PM
oh brilliant. there's going to be a ******** of 10 year olds running around swearing because they're now allowed to on habbo but offline their mommys ban it.

fab.
The reason habbo allowed the bobba filter to be turned on and off is because some users have a tendancy to say stuff that had unacceptable words in it such as "That Item" which in theory says t.i.t and I am not sure if I will get in trouble for that but essentially that is a reason why they designed this function.

Also, the people who are old enough to deal with swear words have been fed up with the inability to speak freely without insulting other users.

beth
28-06-2007, 11:14 PM
The reason habbo allowed the bobba filter to be turned on and off is because some users have a tendancy to say stuff that had unacceptable words in it such as "That Item" which in theory says t.i.t and I am not sure if I will get in trouble for that but essentially that is a reason why they designed this function.

Also, the people who are old enough to deal with swear words have been fed up with the inability to speak freely without insulting other users.
well, i was under the impression habbo was designed for children. if people wanna go swear & talk in an 'adult' way maybe they should stop using childlike websites.

Leif
28-06-2007, 11:21 PM
well, i was under the impression habbo was designed for children. if people wanna go swear & talk in an 'adult' way maybe they should stop using childlike websites.
Habbo never existed at a childish environment...in fact the habbo staff drank and went on habbo all the time. You noticed the way Dionysus was acting, he was a drunk, he had a drinking problem. I'm sure half of the users on Habbox know what I am talking about.

The habbo site itself is designed to look childish just to attract kids; you know why kids are targeted? Well it is because they are so vulnerable, they will kill their parents to buy those credits and go nuts, and of course we are talking before the habbo exchange came into play.

You do realize that the young habbos have a low attention span? Meaning they will obviously want to quit within a day because they don’t have furni. Those habbos who beg and beg for more (or just for their first piece of furni) are more likely to be kids then to be adults because their parents won’t buy them what they desire online.

beth
28-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Habbo never existed at a childish environment...in fact the habbo staff drank and went on habbo all the time. You noticed the way Dionysus was acting, he was a drunk, he had a drinking problem. I'm sure half of the users on Habbox know what I am talking about.

The habbo site itself is designed to look childish just to attract kids; you know why kids are targeted? Well it is because they are so vulnerable, they will kill their parents to buy those credits and go nuts, and of course we are talking before the habbo exchange came into play.

You do realize that the young habbos have a low attention span? Meaning they will obviously want to quit within a day because they don’t have furni. Those habbos who beg and beg for more (or just for their first piece of furni) are more likely to be kids then to be adults because their parents won’t buy them what they desire online.
that's not an answer to my point. as interesting a point it is, that's not an answer. surely you'd agree that if someone feels the need to be "adult" and swear all the time has surely outgrown the habbo environment.
habbo's niche audience are the under 15's. though i do realise that niche group are always going to encounter swearing in the real world, the filter kept things mannered. i mean, the whole "oh you can't swear at someone" is obviously going to fail. there's not enough mods to watch every single habbo to make sure they're not swearing @ someone else.
i really don't understand the move by habbo, unless they're trying to target an older audience now. if so, pretty much pathetic.

but yeah. just my opinion [:

Leif
28-06-2007, 11:42 PM
that's not an answer to my point. as interesting a point it is, that's not an answer. surely you'd agree that if someone feels the need to be "adult" and swear all the time has surely outgrown the habbo environment.

habbo's niche audience are the under 15's. though i do realise that niche group are always going to encounter swearing in the real world, the filter kept things mannered. i mean, the whole "oh you can't swear at someone" is obviously going to fail. there's not enough mods to watch every single habbo to make sure they're not swearing @ someone else.
i really don't understand the move by habbo, unless they're trying to target an older audience now. if so, pretty much pathetic.

but yeah. just my opinion [:
I understand your concern but sulake (obviously their idea) has noted that the bobba filter has indeed covered too much swearing and therefore needed to cut down. Of course, I am making this up but that is how I see it in my point of view.

The "oh you can't swear at someone" deal might work in a sense but at a standard because mods have now stopped doing their job, the bobba filter on/off option should be implemented. The mods don’t seem to give as much to the community anymore. I mean seriously, you can't report swearing, flooding, harassment, and/or scamming. It is either ignore or go to help tool.

If habbo was targetting an older audience, why not put naked women on the site and just call it hobbahobba hotel or something that will attract the adults. I don't see that happening because people are of all ages on habbo and I see it as a way to attract more users. I think that is exactly their goal, it is to attract more users who want to swear and those users who don't like swearing can stick to the ordinary habbo.

Then again, what if it is a test to see if people will behave the same way with or without that option? What if it is there for people who act more mature and deserve a little treat, the ability to see no more “bobba”?

Foobar
28-06-2007, 11:56 PM
i type only what i talk like irlYou say IRL in IRL?

I don't think it will be a big deal, besides for the first few days. People are gonna go rampaging on the first few days :rolleyes:

Hitman
29-06-2007, 12:00 AM
You say IRL in IRL?You spam like a muppet?

Only 13+ year old peeps can turn it off! ;)

Neversoft
29-06-2007, 01:41 AM
I thought you had to be 13 to register on Habbo anyway... Has it always been 11 or whatever it is now? :S

Fred
29-06-2007, 06:55 AM
The "oh you can't swear at someone" deal might work in a sense but at a standard because mods have now stopped doing their job, the bobba filter on/off option should be implemented. The mods don’t seem to give as much to the community anymore. I mean seriously, you can't report swearing, flooding, harassment, and/or scamming. It is either ignore or go to help tool.

Agrees. There was a time when the Habbo Way was very strict, and it was clear as to what was and wasn't allowed... Now things aren't so clear. I mean take Runescape trades for Habbo furni. It used to be against the Habbo way to trade furni for other games platforms and now seems unclear. The Runescape trade room is always popular so if this is now against the Habbo Way then surely it would have been closed by now :/

To me swearing is just unnacceptable. Anyone who says they can't put a sentance together without swearing needs a clout round the head. There's just no need for it in everyday life. ANd to see members of staff swearing on a game aimed for kids is disgraceful!

GoldenMerc
29-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Good find ;]

Barmi
29-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Agrees. There was a time when the Habbo Way was very strict, and it was clear as to what was and wasn't allowed... Now things aren't so clear. I mean take Runescape trades for Habbo furni. It used to be against the Habbo way to trade furni for other games platforms and now seems unclear. The Runescape trade room is always popular so if this is now against the Habbo Way then surely it would have been closed by now :/
Runescape trades aren't against the Habbo Way, but they are not recommended.

On topic:
The on/off filter will just mean Habbos who are beyond all help and cannot avoid swearing, will have no need to avoid the filter. SO, in turn it means those who keep their filter on don't have to see their chat filled with a whole host of obscenities. All Habbos still have the option of keeping their filter on, and it just means that (for those Habbos) the filter will be more effective.

Besides, when swearing is targeted at another Habbo in a way which is intended to abuse, harass or bully someone's race, religion, gender or sexuality etc., the moderators will act accordingly (as has always been the case).

Shawnstra
29-06-2007, 09:40 AM
So we can't swear at someone, but we can swear in general. And the bobba filter is not turned off, its just reduced.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!