PDA

View Full Version : GCSE Maths Pilot paper (Functional Maths)

Jazza
29-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Anyone else take it? It was a pilot exam so only a few schools in the country did it. Basically you do 5 maths papers (2 original and 3 new) and whichever set you get the best mark on you keep except the new papers are less restricted so you could do foundation and get a C instead of a D maximum. The last paper (Thursday 28th PM) is the same for all sets (Higher, intermediate and lower) and it was was soooo easy this was the first question:

1. This is the time the newspapers are delivered in the morning [Image of clock pointing to 5:15]

Coral and Anil get up 2 and a half hours later, what time will this be?

.................................................. ................... [2]

I couldn't believe they wanted working. Ridiculous.

Wayne
29-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Lmao. I got put in extra maths for some reason before my GCSEs and the questions were like those but multiple choice. It was like, look at the measuring jug, how much liquid is in it. A) 5ml B) 10ml C) 15ml D) 20ml

Frodo13.
29-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Nope don't do this? Is this for the EXTRA clever people? If so I think there is people in my school that do!!

Is the answer 7:45?

Lmao. I got put in extra maths for some reason before my GCSEs and the questions were like those but multiple choice. It was like, look at the measuring jug, how much liquid is in it. A) 5ml B) 10ml C) 15ml D) 20ml

Was this ALAN Testing that was done on the computer???

Posts merged ;) - Wayne (Forum Administrator)

Wayne
29-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Lmao, yes it was. But for the proper thing, we had to do it on papers.

Frodo13.
29-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Lmao, yes it was. But for the proper thing, we had to do it on papers.

Oh, we did practise on the computers, then the actual exam on the computers to. I did it in both Maths and English too.

Jazza
29-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Nope don't do this? Is this for the EXTRA clever people? If so I think there is people in my school that do!!

The whole year 11 did it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!