PDA

View Full Version : Shortlisted Xs - Not meeting the criteria?

Spotted
29-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Xs, Shortlisters and many Habbos are very upset about the recent findings of one of the few that have been shortlisted to become a Habbo/Safety X.

Elkaa (http://www.habboxforum.com/http/habbo.co.uk/home/elkaa) - Registered on 04-Mar-2007 - Failure to meet the criteria as this account is less than 6 months old.

This has upset many, and complaints have been sent to RedTiz, Assistant Community Manager, explaining their feelings about how others have worked so hard to try and become shortlisted, and were unable to do so because of those who didn't meet the initial criteria.

I personally think that we should use an online form similar to the Hobba application form that doesn't let you apply if you don't meet the criteria.

Who's with me?
Aye!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For the record:

The criteria for both teams are:

That you have had your account for approximately 6 months and are active in Habbo.
That you’ve visited the Hotel at least 200 times.
That you know the Habbo Way inside and out and live your Habbo life by it.
That you have no more than half a dozen bans for minor offences (e.g. nothing worse than flooding, swearing and minor disruption).
That you’re patient, enthusiastic and actually like sharing your knowledge with people!
That you have good knowledge of the Hotel and, if you’re applying to become a Safety X, that you have good understanding of how to keep safe online.

Moved by NintendoNews (Super Moderator) from Habbo UK News & Rumours: Please post in the correct section next time, thanks :)

Elkaa
29-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Was only a matter of time before this was posted, I guess.

Jordie
29-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Xs, Shortlisters and many Habbos are very upset about the recent findings of one of the few that have been shortlisted to become a Habbo/Safety X.

Elkaa (http://www.habboxforum.com/http/habbo.co.uk/home/elkaa) - Registered on 04-Mar-2007 - Failure to meet the criteria as this account is less than 6 months old.

This has upset many, and complaints have been sent to RedTiz, Assistant Community Manager, explaining their feelings about how others have worked so hard to try and become shortlisted, and were unable to do so because of those who didn't meet the initial criteria.

I personally think that we should use an online form similar to the Hobba application form that doesn't let you apply if you don't meet the criteria.

Who's with me?
Aye!

Kev should of been allowed to be an x:@

Wizzdom
29-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Im not with you, why apply if you know you did not meet the criteria?

GoldenMerc
29-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Im confuesed did he pass or not?

Spotted
29-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Elkaa has been shortlisted - but does NOT meet the initial criteria.

Immenseman
29-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I assume his application must of been better then others then.

Alkaz
29-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Maybe its how long the computers ip has been on their system or w.e kev could ave made n account over 6 months ago and the ip address shows that he has been registered over 6 months.

i dno :'(

Laurensh1
29-06-2007, 07:00 PM
What is the shortlisted thing?

I think Elkaa has an other habbo?

Spotted
29-06-2007, 07:00 PM
The criteria stated that your Habbo account has to be 6 or more months old.

--ss--
29-06-2007, 07:05 PM
He could of had past accounts that staff know about.

Black_Apalachi
29-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm not going to criticise because I'm all for Elkaa being an X as I think he is good enough. Not that I've known him for long, he seems a very nice guy and a good friend so yeh... maybe his application stood out a lot :).

Im not with you, why apply if you know you did not meet the criteria?

Because stuff like this happens?

Pyroka
29-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I think he has the experience tbh, so leave the guy alone. I didn't meet the criteria so if I got in, you'd be spilling your milk all over the place.

GoldenMerc
29-06-2007, 07:45 PM
he oviously does have past accounts thinking that he has over 50t,Im guessing it didnt just drop out of the sky and into da habbo window rofl,Anyways good luck to him hes competition staff here and extremly freindly,That will be 2 competition staff who are Habbo X's :O

beau03
29-06-2007, 07:48 PM
all i say is good luck to him

Lozzoling
29-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I never got a reply.

Ill send Emma an email.

TopManTim
29-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I haven't got a reply yet either.

Roboevil
29-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Maybe Elkaa's account will be at 6 months by the time he's officially reported and that his application was exceedingly well written. That or it could be down to favouritism.

Also, apparently hotmail accounts have problems with getting replies.

TopManTim
29-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Maybe Elkaa had a name change so the acount is more than 5 months old it's just less than 6 months since the name change.

Or does the date of creation not change when you have a name change?

Earthquake
29-06-2007, 08:31 PM
He's rich as hell, of course they will let him through, his paying their wages...

Djcafc.
29-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I assume his application must of been better then others then.
must of beeen muuuuch better i didnt even bother applying

Joord
29-06-2007, 08:38 PM
He's rich as hell, of course they will let him through, his paying their wages...
Not really, seeings as you can't buy thrones out of the catologue :rolleyes:. And if he was to of bought his furni, it wouldn't have been from sulake. And i'm sure all his thrones didn't come from buying credits via real life money, and selling them on habbo for thrones.

Elkaa
29-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe Elkaa had a name change so the acount is more than 5 months old it's just less than 6 months since the name change.

Or does the date of creation not change when you have a name change?

With a name change, everything remains the same with the exception of your name, that would be all that changes.

Example:
- Jay (http://www.habbo.co.uk/home/Jay)
- WasJay (http://www.habbo.co.uk/home/WasJay)

Account creations are the same (If you could see Jay)

Wizzdom
29-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm not going to criticise because I'm all for Elkaa being an X as I think he is good enough. Not that I've known him for long, he seems a very nice guy and a good friend so yeh... maybe his application stood out a lot :).

Because stuff like this happens?

Then he did not read the criteria, i have nothing against Elkaa, i feel sorry for him as i would be sorry for myself if the same had happened.

Hitman
29-06-2007, 08:47 PM
If he got in without meeting criteria, then I'd say that's really unfair.

No, I'm not jealous, nor do I have anything against him. :)

BellyButtons
29-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I know of other players in the past who have moved to a new account and been told to apply on an account that does meet the criteria, so I do find it a little unfair that Elkaa got through unless there is something else I do not know. :)

Also I have talked to Elkaa before and he has not actually spent that much money on the game.

Pyroka
29-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Meh, I've probably spent more money on Habbo than Elkaa and he's minted. It's not the quanity, it's the quality... Or in this case, it's not the amount of furni, it's the way that you use it, and from what I'm guessing he gambled his and moved further up! :) As I said before, good luck to Elkaa on his interview and I see no problem in X's not meeting the criteria merely on 'time basis'. That timeline is there so you have enough experience, and I'm sure Elkaa has shown that in his application.

Charlie
29-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, if it's just one part of the criteria that he doesn't meet, but he had a really good application, i'm sure they'd just over look that and accept him anyway.

It's up to them what they do, and what they don't do, so yeah.

Shawnstra
29-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Maybe Elkaa's account will be at 6 months by the time he's officially reported and that his application was exceedingly well written. That or it could be down to favouritism.

Also, apparently hotmail accounts have problems with getting replies.

Lmao no wonder :(

Lerf
30-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Some X friends of mine have told they did not meet the criteria, such as them having many bans, but got picked anyway. The criteria is just there to scare some people into not applying (I think anyway). If the application is good enough, it shall be put through.

Uwe
30-06-2007, 03:48 PM
The criteria for both teams are:

* That you have had your account for approximately 6 months and are active in Habbo.

Look at bold pls.

HOSKO02
30-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Was only a matter of time before this was posted, I guess.

Yes, it was, considering that it is all a fix. Habbo is just like a government now, untrustworthy and corrupt, well done for being popular, geek.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!