PDA

View Full Version : Fire mage to Frost?

MaGz
30-06-2007, 07:09 PM
I was raiding with a group of mages the other day, and we were all fire mages. It made me kind of want to be different, and start over with all of my talent points and go as an ice mage. I was reading some of the WoW forums, and ice mages are sopossed to be as good/better than fire ones, plus they get that awesome water element and ice barrier. The only thing thats holding me back from switching is learning how to play my character all over again. Should I switch?

Tomm
30-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Hell yeah. I have been both a fire and ice mage and personally I find being a ice mage ALOT better. You have more control.. quicker casting time.. don't use as much mana... better protection.

MaGz
30-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I just switched, and spent all my talent points according to what I thought was best.. I feel like I just screwed myself. I don't do as much damage, it takes a long time to kill stuff, and I'm extremely confused. Will I ever get used to this?! Does it eventully get better?!

TMBux
30-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Just bundle a load into Arcane :D - the best mage in our guild has, and she kicks *** really. 40/0/21 she is, nice damage build... except on Curator. Kind of sucks.

:Jamie
30-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I got a mage to 44 as frost and another to 40 as fire and I really prefer fire better then frost.

Nemo
30-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Hell yeah. I have been both a fire and ice mage and personally I find being a ice mage ALOT better. You have more control.. quicker casting time.. don't use as much mana... better protection.
I agree, i was fire up until lvl 40 where i changed to frost and i just love it so much more, and now im lvl 50 and i pwn! also its so much more better, more crits, faster casting, less mana taken up, just everything better, also easier to pwn rogues + warriors Hehe :P

Edit; what lvl are u? also its just good at lvl 40+ also like wen u freeze em its like 90% crit chance (with me) and stuff, also u shuld get used it and u dont hit as hard, but with all the crits and protection... its saved my life so many times :)

MaGz
01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I agree, i was fire up until lvl 40 where i changed to frost and i just love it so much more, and now im lvl 50 and i pwn! also its so much more better, more crits, faster casting, less mana taken up, just everything better, also easier to pwn rogues + warriors Hehe :P

Edit; what lvl are u? also its just good at lvl 40+ also like wen u freeze em its like 90% crit chance (with me) and stuff, also u shuld get used it and u dont hit as hard, but with all the crits and protection... its saved my life so many times :)

I'm lvl 41, but I'll reach 42 today. I'm not really critting much with ice, but I do agree it uses much less mana and I dont die as much as I used to.

Nemo
01-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm lvl 41, but I'll reach 42 today. I'm not really critting much with ice, but I do agree it uses much less mana and I dont die as much as I used to.:) and also try using frost nova and then when they are frozen use frostbolt, that is if u chose the right talents, take a look at mine;
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-talents.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Naughtynemo

:Jamie
01-07-2007, 05:47 PM
You have 2 points in Improved blizzard but haven't got any in Piercing Ice :S

Nemo
01-07-2007, 05:52 PM
You have 2 points in Improved blizzard but haven't got any in Piercing Ice :Shaha yeah i guess, I need to change a few i havent really looked at em, i didnt have much of an idea on what to choose, and right now... im kinda tight on cash

MaGz
02-07-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm starting to like being an ice mage, its pretty cool :P I crit like every time I freeze something, I never fall below 50% health, and in 7 more lvls I can get that water element..

Nemo
02-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm starting to like being an ice mage, its pretty cool :P I crit like every time I freeze something, I never fall below 50% health, and in 7 more lvls I can get that water element..yep :) ur like me, i didnt really like it much at first but now i love it ;]

mat64
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
yep :) ur like me, i didnt really like it much at first but now i love it ;]

That's what alot of Frost mages I've talked to say. But don't get me wrong, Fire is awesome and Improved counterspell is amazing :).

Tomm
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
You can also take a look at my talent build if you want:

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-talents.xml?r=Arathor&n=Tomdarkness

(Note: for raiding you can switch Winter's chill with Arctic Winds if another frost mage has it already)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!