PDA

View Full Version : thousands take part in Gay Pride

Nightrose
30-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Im not gay myself but what do you think about gay pride is it a good thing or a bad thing? anyone of any sexual orientation can post about it but first put for example
Im straight
I think its a good idea as it shows thats there is nothing wrong with being gay and gives people chances to meet other gay people.

Thousands of people have marched through the streets of central London for the annual Gay Pride festival.
Despite the rain, participants of the Pride London event walked from Baker Street to Trafalgar Square.

The march was followed by entertainment in the square which will continue till 2000 BST. Presenters include TV host Graham Norton and actor John Barrowman.

The event's organisers said despite Friday's bomb alerts, the parade would go ahead as normal.

Police are investigating two explosive devices found in cars in the city's West End.

Business as usual

Jason Pollock, chief executive of Pride London, told the BBC that after meetings with the Metropolitan Police it had been decided to keep the route as planned.

"As far as the Metropolitan Police is concerned it's business as usual as far as Pride is concerned," he said.

Those performing on the main stage in Trafalgar Square include ex-Savage Garden singer Darren Hayes and 1980s pop star Jimmy Somerville.

There will also be performances from West End shows Wicked and Andrew Lloyd Webber's Joseph.

Pictures -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6257418.stm

-:Undertaker:-
01-07-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't really have a problem with gay people, they are just normal.

But I don't see why some of them feel the need to march and block off many roads and waste police officers time.

'Gay Parades' aren't needed just like we don't have 'I have a Dog Parade'

Ichigo
01-07-2007, 03:46 PM
http://ranting-gryphon.com/Rants/2rant-gay_pride.mp3

Link contains slightly strong language and sexual references. Along with many opinions some people will find offensive. :)

That pretty much sums my thoughts up about gay pride parades.

There's absolutely no need to parade over your sexuality.

Though I'd like to make it clear now that I've no problem with homosexuality.

Hxf Santa
01-07-2007, 03:50 PM
I agree with both.

Nothing offence but, let's start an straight parade

ViRgIn
02-07-2007, 01:24 PM

But I don't see why some of them feel the need to march and block off many roads and waste police officers time.

@Your dog comment, No you cannot now have a parade involing you.

Anyway, well there is a need, As years ago gay people had to hide away, You were not allowed to be gay bascially. Now things have changed its a reason to celebrate. Also having been to gay pride, You find out alot of information which would help a gay person. So I think there is a need for it.

Dan2nd
02-07-2007, 01:29 PM

Anyway, well there is a need, As years ago gay people had to hide away, You were not allowed to be gay bascially. Now things have changed its a reason to celebrate. Also having been to gay pride, You find out alot of information which would help a gay person. So I think there is a need for it.

why don't we have a woman can now vote parade then?

GrAcE ShOrT
02-07-2007, 01:30 PM

wow, you're so close minded. in alot of places homosexuals are looked down upon as being filth, scum and sickening. just like joe said above, they had to hide away and so forth, but now things are different. people may still look down on them but they still have their right to live their lives, how were they supposed to know they were going to be born the way they were? they weren't.

they can march and parade because they're happy with who they are, why should they lower their self-esteem just because some people detest their lifestyle? they shouldn't, they have just as much right to live as anybody else. homophobia is basically like racism, people say and mock like; "It was adam and eve, not adam and steve." but were either of adam or eve black? no, i didn't think so. (i'm not being racist, either.) but just think before you start ranting off about how you don't see how it's fit for them to have one occasion to express themselves in the way they feel they should

and at the dog comment? actually, they do get alot of promotion. have you not heard of crufts? no? so your sarcasm has just clearly made you look even more of an idiot than the majority of the forum (over exaggeration) already saw you as.

& dan, when women women being allowed to vote was announced, that was a big enough deal as it was and it got so much promotion.

ViRgIn
02-07-2007, 01:31 PM
why don't we have a woman can now vote parade then?
They get to celebrate by voting ;)

Dan2nd
02-07-2007, 01:33 PM
wow, you're so close minded. in alot of places homosexuals are looked down upon as being filth, scum and sickening. just like joe said above, they had to hide away and so forth, but now things are different. people may still look down on them but they still have their right to live their lives, how were they supposed to know they were going to be born the way they were? they weren't.

they can march and parade because they're happy with who they are, why should they lower their self-esteem just because some people detest their lifestyle? they shouldn't, they have just as much right to live as anybody else. homophobia is basically like racism, people say and mock like; "It was adam and eve, not adam and steve." but were either of adam or eve black? no, i didn't think so. (i'm not being racist, either.) but just think before you start ranting off about how you don't see how it's fit for them to have one occasion to express themselves in the way they feel they should

and at the dog comment? actually, they do get alot of promotion. have you not heard of crufts? no? so your sarcasm has just clearly made you look even more of an idiot than the majority of the forum (over exaggeration) already saw you as.

many people look down on my life style because I spend most of the day playing my PS3 does that mean I should organise a Couch Potato pride parade? Don't get me wrong I have nothing against gay people who knows one day I might turn out to be gay but I don't get why they need flaunt it to everyone else

edit:

Why can't gay people celebrate their right to be gay by just living their lifes like normal like they supposedly want to instead of acting like Daffyd thomas

ViRgIn
02-07-2007, 01:36 PM
many people look down on my life style because I spend most of the day playing my PS3 does that mean I should organise a Couch Potato pride parade? Don't get me wrong I have nothing against gay people who knows one day I might turn out to be gay but I don't get why they need flaunt it to everyone else
Well straight people flaunt it in gay peoples faces the rest of the year :/

Dan2nd
02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Well straight people flaunt it in gay peoples faces the rest of the year :/

How do straght people flaunt that they are straight ? I don't understand why you've said that

edit: btw I'm not directing this at all gay people just the minority

ViRgIn
02-07-2007, 01:40 PM
How do straght people flaunt that they are straight ? I don't understand why you've said that

edit: btw I'm not directing this at all gay people just the minority
Well straight people have the rest of the year to do what they wish, females and males can kiss in public and all that jazz. But gay people cannot without geting funny looks or even an insult or worst.

GrAcE ShOrT
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM

edit:

Why can't gay people celebrate their right to be gay by just living their lifes like normal like they supposedly want to instead of acting like Daffyd thomas

correct me if i'm wrong, but is being a coach potato a world-wide issue? no, i didn't think so. so that example was just unneccessary.

being gay isn't like daffyd thomas, yeah there are alot of homosexuals out there whom are just as flamboyant and vibrant, but not everybody walks around in tight leather shirts, spandex and shorts, stuff. they deserve it, just for once a year for gods sake. the rest of the time the world revolves around straight people.

&to add to joe's comment again, guys who wear skinny jeans but are not gay get beaten to a bloody pulp too, being accused of being "Gay" do you get beaten up for being a couch potato?

Dan2nd
02-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Well straight people have the rest of the year to do what they wish, females and males can kiss in public and all that jazz. But gay people cannot without geting funny looks or even an insult or worst.

Gay and straight people can both kiss and hold hands in public I have no problem with that...I just fail to see if gay people want to be treated the same as everyone else why they need to have a huge parade. I just don't get it.

ViRgIn
02-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Gay and straight people can both kiss and hold hands in public I just fail to see if gay people want to be treated the same as everyone else why they need to have a huge parade. I just don't get it.
Yes of course they are allowed, But having seen this with my friends. You get funny looks, You get insults thrown at you, I was actually speaking at a man at pride who was attacked with a brick as he kissed his boyfriend in public. Does that happen to straight people if they kiss in public? I highly doubt it.

As I have said before the parade is a celebration for how far gay people have come. Correct me if im wrong but there is a "BLACK HISTORY" month? Its the same thing, gays were not allowed to work in the normal places and if they did they have to keep it a secret they were gay. This gives them a chance to find out information and history and celebrate who they are for this one gay.

GrAcE ShOrT
02-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes of course they are allowed, But having seen this with my friends. You get funny looks, You get insults thrown at you, I was actually speaking at a man at pride who was attacked with a brick as he kissed his boyfriend in public. Does that happen to straight people if they kiss in public? I highly doubt it.

As I have said before the parade is a celebration for how far gay people have come. Correct me if im wrong but there is a "BLACK HISTORY" month? Its the same thing, gays were not allowed to work in the normal places and if they did they have to keep it a secret they were gay. This gives them a chance to find out information and history and celebrate who they are for this one gay.

and if straight people were to step into a gay community, then kiss - they wouldn't be looked down upon, and they certainly wouldn't be attacked. they want to be able to be treated like everybody else and they have a huge parade yes, but that's just to show the straight community that they're human beings too and that their lifestyle is just different. it's hardly world war bloody 3, is it?

Dan2nd
02-07-2007, 01:58 PM

Theres only a small minority of people who are homaphobic in this country just like there is a small minority of people who are Racist. I think black history month is more of an american celebrated thing so I wouldn't know much about it so its not for me to comment on it. I'll just stick by what I've said if you want to be treated like everyone else why keep acting like you not.

GrAcE ShOrT
02-07-2007, 02:02 PM
as i said, they're trying to prove that they're like everybody else. the parade is needed to promote their lifestyle, and to prove that there is nothing wrong with it.

ViRgIn
02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Theres only a small minority of people who are homaphobic in this country just like there is a small minority of people who are Racist. I think black history month is more of an american celebrated thing so I wouldn't know much about it so its not for me to comment on it. I'll just stick by what I've said if you want to be treated like everyone else why keep acting like you not.
There is a black history month in this country.
Also I believe there is a big minority of homaphobic people. But I have no proof on that and nor do you with your small minority.

Dan2nd
02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
as i said, they're trying to prove that they're like everybody else. the parade is needed to promote their lifestyle, and to prove that there is nothing wrong with it.

And by saying they need to proove their life style is normal is comfirming to homaphobics its not. Why do you need to proove something which most of the population have already accepted

There is a black history month in this country.
Also I believe there is a big minority of homaphobic people. But I have no proof on that and nor do you with your small minority.

I don't understand what your trying to say in bold ...

:Hazel
02-07-2007, 02:12 PM
shall people do a straight pride thing aswell? its a load of attention seeking ********. in this day & age it is accepted so theres no need for a big thing/statement over it.

GrAcE ShOrT
02-07-2007, 02:25 PM
shall people do a straight pride thing aswell? its a load of attention seeking ********. in this day & age it is accepted so theres no need for a big thing/statement over it.

are you kidding me? homophobia still exists, love. for you to say that is absolutely ********. how is it attention seeking? i suppose black history is attention seeking too? and all the debates on war? exactly, they're all world wide issues. it's not attention seeking, it's proving a point.

Ashhizzle
02-07-2007, 02:44 PM
and tbh gay's can celebrate my making love or getting married.

Dan2nd
02-07-2007, 02:51 PM
are you kidding me? homophobia still exists, love. for you to say that is absolutely ********. how is it attention seeking? i suppose black history is attention seeking too? and all the debates on war? exactly, they're all world wide issues. it's not attention seeking, it's proving a point.

Again by saying you need to proove something your giveing homaphobics more comfirmation being gay is wrong which I think is the wrong message to send.

Frodo13.
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I have nothing against gays, but I don't understand the need to parade it really. I mean, do we see Straight Pride? Nope

And to the argument that gays get treated unfairly, around 20% of the worlds population are gay, that leaves the remaining 80%, when they see a gay couple kissing, many don't see it as the norm.

-:Undertaker:-
02-07-2007, 05:02 PM

Others don't go around in parades, it seems like they want attention.

Gay Parades scream.. We want attention badly.

& dan, when women women being allowed to vote was announced, that was a big enough deal as it was and it got so much promotion.

Thne dog comment was a example darling, it wasn't sarcasm.

It costs lots of money and wastes police time, it isn't even for a good reason, GAY PEOPLE ARE NOW ACCEPTED, it's like having protests about lets pull of of Iraq, so the government pull out of Iraq then still having protests about pulling out of Iraq when we have already done it.

Tax payers come first before people who already have all their rights.

Also did I say they can't express themselves?, I say let them by being gay, just like straight people express being straight by having sex with the opposite sex.

There just isn't a need for a pointless protest.

Nightrose
02-07-2007, 05:02 PM
i see this has turned into quite a debate

i think that why do we need a straight pararde, its much easier for us to find partners, the reason of it was to get involved with other gay people and maybe find a partner and to try and be accepted in society

Ichigo
02-07-2007, 05:57 PM
How can you expect acceptance from society when you're parading something you know they're uncomfortable with - all over the city?

It's a bad idea, through and through. Homosexuality's gained enough publicity over the years, now people should just live their lives as they always do. There's nothing to shout about anymore. It's just a different path of life.

ViRgIn
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
i see this has turned into quite a debate

i think that why do we need a straight pararde, its much easier for us to find partners, the reason of it was to get involved with other gay people and maybe find a partner and to try and be accepted in society
agreed

English
02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I feel the Gay Pride march is not needed. Homosexuality is already becoming more and more accepted in life and is even getting more common.

I don't get how homosexuals claim to be 'just normal' yet can't be 'normal' and not bother with a gay pride march. It is drawing more attention to themselves and making them seem less normal. So it really does contradict itself.

Nightrose
02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
How can you expect acceptance from society when you're parading something you know they're uncomfortable with - all over the city?

It's a bad idea, through and through. Homosexuality's gained enough publicity over the years, now people should just live their lives as they always do. There's nothing to shout about anymore. It's just a different path of life.

well from experience i dont feel uncomfortable with gays in the country as some of my friends are also.

its just a personal opinion.

Browney
02-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I can't remember who said it, but someone described it as a protest. I'd liken it more to a parade. Joyous flaunting rather than wanting change. Like a gala parade.

Virgin Mary
03-07-2007, 03:54 AM
If you want a straight parade you can go an organise one. Adam and Eve would've been black and their descendants eventually would turn out a few homosexuals.

:Hazel
04-07-2007, 11:57 AM

first off don't patronise me with "love" :rolleyes:

it is a point which doesnt need to be proved, yes of course there are homophobic people around but generally in society it is accepted now.

it is NOT a huge issue anymore- its part of our culture today & people are used to the idea now hence why there are gay marriages and suchlike. there is no need to fix something which in my opinion overall isn't broken anymore.

Xarea
05-07-2007, 07:00 AM
i went to see kerry ellis from wicked, made no contact with anyone, then left immediatley.

ViRgIn
05-07-2007, 09:06 AM
i went to see kerry ellis from wicked, made no contact with anyone, then left immediatley.
The way you said that is very insulting. "made no contact" "left immediatley" What incase you caught something? idiot.

[DC]eption
05-07-2007, 10:03 AM

Well that would mean the homosexual people get to celebrate by doing a perosn on the same sex?

And ontop of that you complain about insults and getting funny looks well surley your going to get it at the gay parade?

Virgin Mary
05-07-2007, 10:26 AM
It isn't normal... if it was normal we would be hemaphrodites or intersexual. But that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Jambe
10-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I saw the pirade in ny lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!