PDA

View Full Version : Hi - (Need help choosing forum)

Mashi
01-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Im buying 3 more forum licences. I have a big pocket so I need forums. Please can you tell me the best forum type: eg. IPB , VB, Your custom Made One. I really need help deciding what 3 licences to buy. So please state the one you think I should buy and at least 3 reasons why. + rep for all answers.

Moved by opensourcehost (Forum Moderator) from Web Designing: Please post in the correct forum next time, thanks :).

Mentor
01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Depends what sort of forum you want to make out of em, Often phpbb is a decent soltion "/

Personaly im partical to Invision Power products, but lately like VB there becomeing bloat ware and looseing there edge to more focused products "/

Mr.OSH
01-07-2007, 12:50 AM
I'd suggest vBulletin if your looking for a paid forum. If your not try PHPBB as a free solution or SMF. :)

Puma
01-07-2007, 03:33 AM
vB ftw =)

Homesrfan
01-07-2007, 04:18 AM
Depends what sort of forum you want to make out of em, Often phpbb is a decent soltion "/

Personaly im partical to Invision Power products, but lately like VB there becomeing bloat ware and looseing there edge to more focused products "/
I agree v1.3 and v2.0 were IPB's best times... I don't like the newer versions. phpBB is more my taste now. It's not too much in the basic forum installation. If I want that other stuff, I can find mods. Plus, phpBB is free and 3.0 is fantastic. I also really like the look phpBB 3.0 has to it. It actually reminds me of IPB 2.0.

Mashi
01-07-2007, 10:04 AM
thanks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!