PDA

View Full Version : Underrated games?

Bear-Max
08-05-2005, 11:37 AM
With so much rubbish being sold these days (need I mention GoldenEye: Rogue Agent and Fifa Street), there are lots of games that are great, but pass us by. Unfortunately this is down to the fact that not all publishers can afford to advertise as agressively as EA, and so we never get the chance to notice them.

Maybe some of you can recommend such games, and get the word out?

A few games I love that were never a big success are the following.

Beyond Good & Evil (Xbox, Gamecube and PS2)
This is from the creators of Rayman, and it really is a great game. Good solid platforming, unlike some recent games in the genre (which try to be more and more like GTA), it sticks to what it does best. It's got a really encapturing story, and the difficulty level isn't high enough to get you frustrated.
There's great vehicles - including a hovercraft and a spaceship - lots of minigames, and a sort of ongoing quest, where you have to take photographs of all the wildlife in Hillys. I really recommend it.

ICO (PS2)
Although it's hard to get hold of these days, it's one of the finest examples of a story driven game around. You really feel something for the characters, and you can go through the game at your own pace. Again I'd recommend this to anyone who can find it, and with the sequel due out later this year, there's no excuse for you not to get it :P

cropper05
12-05-2005, 04:49 PM
dynasty warriors 2,3,4 are all great games.. aint got 5 yet but supposed to be better
also if you liek stratigic games kessen 2 i aint got 3 but is also supposed to be alot better

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!