PDA

View Full Version : Cameron reshuffles the Shadow Cabinet

-:Undertaker:-
02-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Cameron reshuffles shadow team

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42453000/jpg/_42453006_cameron_203.jpg Mr Cameron reshuffled his teams days after the PM made changes

Conservative leader David Cameron has reshuffled his Shadow Cabinet bringing in more women and younger MPs.
Education spokesman David Willetts has been moved and party chairman Francis Maude replaced by Caroline Spelman.
Dame Pauline Neville-Jones, a career diplomat and former head of the Joint Intelligence committee, becomes shadow secretary for security.
Sayeeda Warsi is shadow communities secretary. She is thought to be the first Muslim in such a senior role.
The reshuffle comes four days after new PM Gordon Brown made extensive changes.
Education split
Dame Pauline will be elevated to the House of Lords as a working peer, as will Ms Warsi, a British-born Muslim of Pakistani origin who was Conservative Party vice-chairwoman.
Dame Pauline was most recently head of Mr Cameron's security policy review group, looking at national security, including terrorism, Islamic fundamentalism and social cohesion.
Among changes made by Mr Brown was the splitting of the education portfolio into two - the Department for Children, Schools and Families and the Department of Innovation, Universities and Skills.
Mr Cameron moved Mr Willetts to shadow John Denham as minister in charge of universities.
Mr Willetts was widely blamed for the internal row over grammar schools when he distanced himself from the traditional Tory belief in academic selection.
Michael Gove, previously the Tory housing spokesman, will shadow Ed Balls on schools and children. Mr Gove entered Parliament in 2005, as did Jeremy Hunt who joins the shadow cabinet in charge of culture from being a spokesman on work and pensions. Nick Herbert, who will handle justice, also enters the shadow cabinet. He had been spokesman on police reform.

What annoys me about these performers, Blair and Cameron, is how they put people like women and younger people in jobs just because of their gender or age, I think personally that it should be who is best at the job, not what will sound good in the tabloids.

Cameron = Blair

Jambe
10-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Thats long sotry :o

Frodo13.
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Ever thought the women and young may be the best for the job anyway? Undertaker, do you honastly know ANYTHING about politics, because your other posts give off the impression your just making it up as you go along.

Good with David Willets though, as he is against the old Tory belief of academic selection, which is good for lower and middle class people :D

Jordy
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42453000/jpg/_42453006_cameron_203.jpg
Cameron = Blair

Proved: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D8gLYZV6Z4g

Browney
11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh this is the whole "modern" thing the parties are obsessed with at the moment. Frodo fair point but women were just as good 20 years ago, but they never got the job then.

-:Undertaker:-
11-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Ever thought the women and young may be the best for the job anyway? Undertaker, do you honastly know ANYTHING about politics, because your other posts give off the impression your just making it up as you go along.

Good with David Willets though, as he is against the old Tory belief of academic selection, which is good for lower and middle class people :D

I don't think you understand.

What I mean is that say if there is a women MP who has four GSCE's and a male MP who has 6 GCSE's, the partys will most likely pick the female because they are 'female'

I know there will be better women than the men, but the way this whole political correctness thing is 'Vote for us because we have 2 Black people, 1 Asian person and 3 women in the cabinet' it's absolute rubbish and jus proves they aren't picking the best people for the job.

So my posts don't point to me 'making it up', I also believe the old tory belief of putting the best in grammer schools is a very good policy which sadly this BlairCam has ditched.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!