PDA

View Full Version : Help +REP

Ichigo
02-07-2007, 07:13 PM
First thing's first, I'm on a Mac, so unless you know what you're talking about, please don't waste my time.

I've got 5 discs to install. Disc one's fine, open it up and click Install.

When it asks for disc 2 I insert it and wait then it tells me it can't open it.

The disc's definitely not damaged I've never used the set and had it new for Christmas.

I'm assuming it's trying to open the Windows installer as opposed to the Mac one I'm after. How to I avoid this?

mat64
02-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Is this installing World of Warcraft, Or World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. There is a common problem with disc 2 is all.

Either way read this (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=35983676&sid=1) thread from the WoW technical help forums on World of Warcraft Europe forums.

Ichigo
02-07-2007, 09:47 PM
It's standard WoW. I just wanna see what it's like.

Well, I've found a direct download to something or other on the WOW-Europe site.

I think it's the game, and it's about 3 and a half GB so fingers crossed that I don't have to use the discs then.

WoW-2.0.0-enGB-Installer is what I'm running now.

Though failing that, your link's saying I can copy the disc files to my hard-disk and install from there. I'll give that a whirl if this fails tonight.

Cheers.

mat64
02-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Ok, Best of luck with it :)

shokz
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
obvious question but

did you buy the mac discs?

Ichigo
03-07-2007, 09:45 PM
The boxset contains hybrid discs with both Mac and Windows installers. Problem was the Mac autorun for when it asks for disc 2 was trying to boot the Windows installer and so failed.

It's okay, the download I got off the WOW-Europe site was the entire game. Although it woke me up at half five this morning to let me know that it had finished downloading, it's the complete thing with few patches to download. All I had to do was put in my own CD-key and I was away.

I'm now playing fine and it's all good. :)

Anarchy
04-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Grats, What server are you playing on ?

Ichigo
04-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Well I'm currently on Aszune, but it seems pretty desolate in my eyes. I was hoping to find a lot more people around my level but most of them are higher up and in lands unknown to me. I even managed to get lost and killed by some dinosaur last night. :D

I know an old Medal of Honor clan who've converted to Warcraft a while ago so I'm going to see if I can tag along with them on their regular server after levelling up.

Failing that, I'll keep looking until I find one I'm comfortable with.

Plus this business with races is difficult too. I've no idea what I want to be still. I'm currently running an Undead level 7 warlock. Ahhh well, it's only my second night.

:D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!