PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Sum1 logged me and got my credit card #...

preppy08
17-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey all! Sum1 logged me and spent 800$ on credits! by seeing my credit card number! My parents are super mad and probly sewing habbo! Please don't be mad, just they did sumthign bad! and it's all my fault for buying creds, and then they logged me and saw it!

Butcher11
17-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Habbo has no control opver that, sadly, habbo doesnt have to pay abck, they'll only ban the scammer who sent it. But that just shows how careful you have to be. If it were my kid who lost $800, he wouldn't see dyalight again, but just remember to mention it wasn't your fault, and that it's tough to tell if it's a logger, maybe they won't get super mad. Good Luck :(

Xhabboer
17-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Butcher11 your online right now.. ur on my friends lsit

* Edited by Janeh - Please do not post pointless/off topic posts.

Mentor
17-08-2004, 08:11 PM
habbo dipaly your cred numeber on it? habbos not even on a secure channale? thats an easyly sueble offence if they do? i neva broght creds buy cred card so i duno, there have no discalem so no deffence against it.

-Soro-
17-08-2004, 08:17 PM
habbo dipaly your cred numeber on it? habbos not even on a secure channale? thats an easyly sueble offence if they do? i neva broght creds buy cred card so i duno, there have no discalem so no deffence against it.

You are responsible for the security and proper use of all your user names and passwords used in connection with the website and must take all necessary steps to ensure they are kept confidential, secure, used properly and not disclosed to unauthorised people. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password and account. You must inform Habbo immediately if there is any reason to believe that your user name or password has, or is likely to, become known to someone not authorised to use it or is being or is likely to be used in an unauthorised way. Habbo Ltd is not responsible for any loss of furni, credits or real money.

iForce
18-08-2004, 12:58 AM
dont report them to habbo hotel, report them to the police. :8

Mentor
18-08-2004, 01:51 AM
but can i just ask does it actaly print your credit card detals on the page?

Arcanum
18-08-2004, 04:02 AM
I don't think it's Habbo's fault. That's why you should have an up-to-date firewall and virus protector.

Concentric
18-08-2004, 10:27 AM
but can i just ask does it actaly print your credit card detals on the page?
no i dont think so, i think its because he was keylogged

Stance
18-08-2004, 10:37 AM
I never open any attachments that I think are keyloggers- way way too risky.

Skitgraves
18-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Errr how did they get your credit card number from stealling your habbo account :s

Mentor
18-08-2004, 11:46 AM
if u get a keyloger then its your ownnfalt, you should have at keast some pc deffnce.

aka
Zonealarm (free firewall) (http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp)
AVG (free anti virus) (http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php)
Adaware (spyware cleaner) (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/)

should do the job, esepecly if you back them up with some other products

-Soro-
18-08-2004, 12:28 PM
You cannot recieve viruses via Habbo, therefore whereever you have recieved the Keylogger Trojan is down to your mistake. Habbo Ltd has no influence over how or why you get your credits, and by using their service you have agreed the terms and conditions which clearly read that everything which occurs under your username and pass word is your responsibility. My advice; be more careful when surfing the net and do not attempt to sue Habbo (You won't even have a case to fight for). Anyhow sorry to hear that you have lost so much money.

Butcher11
18-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Yes there is a secure channel, that's how I buy, and they got it from using the keylogger to see the details

Mentor
18-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Yes there is a secure channel, that's how I buy, and they got it from using the keylogger to see the details
oh i see, now, ive neva broght crds online u see, only from sms.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!