PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to kill myself.

Metric.
05-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm not joking.

I went tanning yesterday at the beach and my whole body is burned, except for the areas that were covered by shorts. I've been burned before, but it's never been this bad. Last night I didn't sleep because I couldn't get comfortable, today I thought getting in the pool would help because it's cold, it made it worse.

Any ideas on how to help a sunburn?

Nixt
05-07-2007, 02:56 PM
If it's that bad you should see the doctor and they can prescribe you a decent cream which will help remedy the burns. Better than the stuff you can buy in the shops or w/e.

Elw00d
05-07-2007, 02:56 PM
rub salt into the burns

MattyBoy
05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Put your school books down your shorts and up your t-shirt, it doesnt stop it, but stops the pain. Exactly what they did in the olden days when people had the cane.

adidas™
05-07-2007, 03:02 PM
rub yogurt onto the burnt skin. then wash it off a few hours later in the shower

Virgin Mary
05-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Aloe vera moisturiser :)

shokz
05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
how can you say you are gonna kil yourself after a sunburnt...

grow up geez just get lotion

English
05-07-2007, 04:31 PM
You can get some stuff here in the UK called 'After Sun' that helps with sunburns and helps cool it down and make it less comfortable. Ask your chemist if you have anything like it.

luke-p
05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Sit in a room with A/c with no top on, or Sit in a room on your own infront of a fan...

Nemo
05-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Ummmm killing urself??? over a minor annoyance of sunburn? Psh get some real problems that are gonna make u depressed and want to kill yourself. I've known what its like to want to kill myself and i have a worse problem than u do right now but tbh i think its better than it used to be but u wanna kill urself... u think of life as so little.

velvet
05-07-2007, 05:11 PM
aloe vera after sun will get you sorted.
I got burnt like that when i went to the dominican republic, completely all over me and didn't sleep for days. but i got some of that stuff and i could barely feel the burns when i had it on, it only took three days and i could go out again. S'proper good stuff.

Fez
05-07-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm not joking.

I went tanning yesterday at the beach and my whole body is burned, except for the areas that were covered by shorts. I've been burned before, but it's never been this bad. Last night I didn't sleep because I couldn't get comfortable, today I thought getting in the pool would help because it's cold, it made it worse.

Your considering suicide because of this?

Hell you try living through tormenting friends, torn in between realitys, insanity, a pen in the back of neck while falling 50ft.

K?

Anyway, don't do it etc. I regreated it...

FlyingJesus
05-07-2007, 05:46 PM
{Psstt... he's not serious about suicide}

Nemo
05-07-2007, 05:50 PM
{Psstt... he's not serious about suicide} tbh even if they are joking, its not something to joke about

[DC]eption
05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
[quote=Purpleness;3683709]Your considering suicide because of this?

a pen in the back of neck while falling 50ft.

quote]

Surely you would be dead/parolised (sp?) if u did that?

Fez
05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
You don't wanna know....

shokz
05-07-2007, 07:07 PM
You don't wanna know....
i do

Breakfloor
05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
ive been trained in first aid

DO NOT RUB ANYTHING INTO YOUR SKIN APART FROMT HE STUFF THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBES

if you have to go to hospital because of it the first thing they have to do is SCRAPE it off.

go to the doctors. it sounds like a really bad burn.

Nemo
05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
ive been trained in first aid

DO NOT RUB ANYTHING INTO YOUR SKIN APART FROMT HE STUFF THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBES

if you have to go to hospital because of it the first thing they have to do is SCRAPE it off.

go to the doctors. it sounds like a really bad burn.ur "first aid" is basically just drugs with bad side effects. Aloe vera and colendula (sp?) are the best.

Breakfloor
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
its true. if the doctor says aloe vera use it but anything like some of the first comments do not do it. any creme or anything like that dont do it.

and never ever ever use butter on it.

Nemo
05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
its true. if the doctor says aloe vera use it but anything like some of the first comments do not do it. any creme or anything like that dont do it.

and never ever ever use butter on it.colendula can be used as a cream and as a liquid mixed with any type of cream, tbh it works wonders with me

Eamonn
05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Use camomile lotion it is really good for sunburns (:

Azul
05-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Man I hate sun burn, every time I go abroad I burn. I have that crappy type of skin that barely tans, it goes red.

Good thing for sun burn is chilled after sun, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours and apply it to your skin, such relief.

:Hazel
05-07-2007, 11:35 PM
aftersun for sure. i bet you wont be going out with no suncream on again anytime soon :P

kyle♥
06-07-2007, 01:04 AM
rub yogurt onto the burnt skin. then wash it off a few hours later in the shower

That works great. I used yoghurt last year when I was sunburnt really bad. Aloe vera also helps. If they don't work directly, sleep with a damp towel over you back.

Dubble
06-07-2007, 01:09 AM
get a wet cold towel and put it on one part of the burn in about 20mins it would have sucked most off the heat of your body =] I used tht when i get burn

FlyingJesus
06-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Lick it

Shawnstra
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Use lotion or w/e. Also, stand in front of a fan, that feels good when you got sunburn :D

hadouken!
06-07-2007, 03:03 PM
shed skin and rub vinegar in. cabin fever tribute.

or cry.

GoldenMerc
06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
After sun cream

Catzsy
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm not joking.

You had this problem last year didnt you? Aloe Vera gel or lotion.

Ezzie.
06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
You can actually die of sun stroke.. "i think i'm going to kill myself" could be quite accurate as people i've known have been screaming in pain as the sun basically burnt away your skin..

it sounds fun =]

However i'd suggest tons of aftersun balm, try and have your shirt and trousers off if you can.. or wear very very loose clothing like a vest and baggy shorts, which should stop the rubbing of your skin

Metric.
06-07-2007, 08:56 PM
It's even worse today, it's more red and I did try aloe vera gel, but it like soaked into my skin instantly???

Ezzie.
06-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe some protein shake?

Ah i'm being rude.. 4 pints of coke does the hyperness way bad.. but alas:

Keep rubbing in the aloe vera if you can, OR goto a doctor, the latter seems best.

Metric.
16-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Ummmm killing urself??? over a minor annoyance of sunburn? Psh get some real problems that are gonna make u depressed and want to kill yourself. I've known what its like to want to kill myself and i have a worse problem than u do right now but tbh i think its better than it used to be but u wanna kill urself... u think of life as so little.

It's pretty much a joke, and if you take it serriously, get your head checked. By the way, just because your girlfriend dumped you, and you "loved" her so much, isn't a reason to kill yourself. AND, I'm sure I've been through a lot more "I want to kill myself" events than you, and you don't see me slitting?

You had this problem last year didnt you? Aloe Vera gel or lotion.

HAHA, yeah, but I don't learn.

I didn't remember how much it hurt!

wishing
16-07-2007, 05:59 AM
nivea cream :)

-Soph-
16-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Haha, at least you didn't do what I did.

I went on a long car journey with my friend, and I got sunburnt through the window on ONE arm.
I look SO stupid because it's obvious too.

Just rub lotion into it, an aloe vera one will probably help.

lmao at everyone saying "omg, ur gna kil urself ova it lolz grow up"

Antallica
17-07-2007, 06:43 AM
You need cream my friend.

MangoJ
17-07-2007, 02:11 PM
It's pretty much a joke, and if you take it serriously, get your head checked. By the way, just because your girlfriend dumped you, and you "loved" her so much, isn't a reason to kill yourself. AND, I'm sure I've been through a lot more "I want to kill myself" events than you, and you don't see me slitting?

LMAO! Amen to that! I'm so goddamn tired of hearing "I almost killed myself" stories. Usually when I hear them, I say "Well obviously you weren't successful... Unfortunately."

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!