PDA

View Full Version : ***? runescape on consoles tempting?

ThReAtEnEd
05-07-2007, 09:40 PM
" Runescape developer Jagex has revealed a console version of its browser-based fantasy MMO is something it keeps considering, the arrival of Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 making such more tempting than ever before.

"It's certainly more interesting with the current generation of consoles of course because they're far more internet-connected than the previous generation and it just wasn't worth looking at", the game's creator Andrew Gower told CVG recently.

"But with the PS3 and Xbox 360 and the Wii, it's much more tempting, I have to say".

Talking about PS3 specifically, Gower said that Jagex could probably get Runescape running on the machine right now, adding overall that "Technically porting the game to different platforms isn't a huge amount of work."

However, he explained the reason the developer's "slightly reluctant" to bring the MMO to too many different platforms "is because the more platforms that we're on, the more we have to update in parallel and that would slow us down."

"We've always tried to be a very agile company whereby if the players say they want something, or there's something not quite right, we'll fix it there and then", Gower said.

"We're loath to lose the rapid response... that we've got at the moment, and the more platforms we go to the more than happens, so it's a bit of a trade off."

Gower said there was nothing he could talk about at the moment regarding actual plans to bring Runescape to console. the game, which consists of both free and subscription versions, recently hit one million subscribers and boasts over 5 million active players."

not sure if i'm aloud to link to the site so i just pasted it here =S

Sly
05-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Intresting...

RyanPlz
05-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Give us the link please...

MUMMY RUNESCAPE ON XBOX FOR CHRISTMAS PWEEEEEEEEEESE.

ThReAtEnEd
05-07-2007, 09:51 PM
i'll pm if you want...

but no pics or nothin =l

exactly what i pasted here

[Jay]
05-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Nice find

Axel
05-07-2007, 11:18 PM
I don't see how you can do it on a console unless like the d pad is the cursor and the analog is how you move.

Raptor
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
If they had same graphics as on pc i wouldn't waste a penny buying it.

Scouse
06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
If they had same graphics as on pc i wouldn't waste a penny buying it.

i doubt they'd have them sort of graphics on a 360.

would be nice to see rs on game consoles.

Wiley
06-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Would this mean there would be a new runescape?
or would you be able to log in with your current username and stuff..?

DJ-Vimto
06-07-2007, 12:58 AM
if they plan on releasing it on consoles then obviously it will have much better graphics, because it will be programmed differently (i assume)

not sure if i would buy it though

Sly
06-07-2007, 06:29 AM
How would you alch and stuff though it'd be dead weird.

Bun
06-07-2007, 03:20 PM
i'd lol.
mate ya coming round mine after school to go on the 360?
yeah sure, as long as we can play runescape!

TonyBest
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
:O Runescape coming out on Console. Sweet idea. I wonder how its gunna work for the Nintendo Wii

Jackk
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
i think it's going to be crap.

Vibes
07-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Na not guud.
It culd be made as a disk game on tha pc tho. Like WoW

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!