PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a scroll bar?

StinkySocks,
06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Im using Frontpage 2000.
Im making a habbo fansite so when I click a button in navigation I want everything to be the same exept in the layout section theres a white box in the middle where it will be different words and images but I want to write more than the box includes of space so how do I make a scroll bar just for the box?

ScottDiamond
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Im using Frontpage 2000.
Im making a habbo fansite so when I click a button in navigation I want everything to be the same exept in the layout section theres a white box in the middle where it will be different words and images but I want to write more than the box includes of space so how do I make a scroll bar just for the box?

Sorry, but I can tell your fansite is going to be rubbish already. It's an iFrame, and it's also crap.

Ini
07-07-2007, 08:43 PM
iFrames sucks.

Read a tutorial on PHP includes

Moh
07-07-2007, 09:43 PM
iFrames sucks.
not if set up properly :)
also, u cant use includes if u have a radio on site?

RichardKnox
08-07-2007, 05:44 PM
not if set up properly :)
also, u cant use includes if u have a radio on site?

No. iFrames suck. Don't talk about what you don't have a clue about. iFrames = Late 90's Early 2000's

Moh
08-07-2007, 10:01 PM
No. iFrames suck. Don't talk about what you don't have a clue about. iFrames = Late 90's Early 2000's
Excuse me?
Iv done 2 of my sites with Iframes, one which is up now (www.habbobank.com).
I also code peoples layouts with IFrames in and they dont complain.
If I was you, I wd check out peoples work before saying what people know and dont know.

Mashi
08-07-2007, 10:06 PM
When used properly Iframes can be the most effictive content displayer.

ScottDiamond
08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Excuse me?
Iv done 2 of my sites with Iframes, one which is up now (www.habbobank.com (http://www.habbobank.com)).
If I was you, I wd check out peoples work before saying what people know and dont know.

1) iFrames = Crap.
2) Your Site = Coded in Tables AND iFrames.
3) Your site = Took 3+ seconds to load, and another 5+ seconds for the navigation to load.
4) You = bad spelling and know nothing about designing.

Point passed really.

When used properly Iframes can be the most effictive content displayer.

No, iFrames don't get 'used properly', they just get used incorrectly. They're not the most effective content displayer, AJAX or PHP is.

Mashi
08-07-2007, 10:14 PM
I know what you mean scott but if they are used correctly.........

ScottDiamond
08-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I know what you mean scott but if they are used correctly.........

They can't be bloody used correctly. You can't eat chocolate incorrectly or correctly, it's the exact same.

You either use them (boo) or don't (yay).

RichardKnox
09-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Excuse me?
Iv done 2 of my sites with Iframes, one which is up now (www.habbobank.com (http://www.habbobank.com)).

I'm sorry but iFrames + tables and you claim you know about web design. Tables are for tabular data not for coding layouts. And iFrames well lets leave it. Yeh pro's coded like that....in the nineties/early 2000's. Get with the times. Go on any webdesign forum that isn't related to an online game and you will see 1000's of threads saying 'Help converting tables to DIV's'. Why? Cause DIV's are the most commonly used coding know, not to mention many other factors that prove tables are crap.

Blob
09-07-2007, 03:27 PM
IFRAMES cant be used correctly... The only thing that loads a page without the user having to expierence it changing is AJAX.

Moh
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry but iFrames + tables and you claim you know about web design. Tables are for tabular data not for coding layouts. And iFrames well lets leave it. Yeh pro's coded like that....in the nineties/early 2000's. Get with the times. Go on any webdesign forum that isn't related to an online game and you will see 1000's of threads saying 'Help converting tables to DIV's'. Why? Cause DIV's are the most commonly used coding know, not to mention many other factors that prove tables are crap.
try telling half the people on the forum that :)

Blob
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM
try telling half the people on the forum that :)

I will as its RUBBISH.

Mashi
09-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Ive been pursuded. Iframes are crap. Divs are ace although I use them any way. I think fireworks is very unproffesional in the Export tool but then again it wasnt designed for the purpose many people use it for. :rolleyes:

Invent
12-07-2007, 03:16 AM
My-god at all the people saying iFrames are "crap".

iFrames are the most cross-browser friendly content display object which doesn't force the whole webpage to refresh. Yes AJAX is a better way to go, but most sites which use AJAX to load content use it in a bad way.

Like your old 'Froobe' site Ryan. The way content was loaded there was just as worse then using iframes. The content loader wasn't Cross-Browser friendly (wouldn't work in older browsers) and you couldn't use the "back"-button'.

iFrames are used a lot of the time badly as they don't fit in with layouts, etc. But they can also be used with no problems whatsoever and make a website work well.

But hell, if you can give me a good enough reason not to use iFrames then yes I'll agree with you. But at the moment; I don't see any reason why a good web developer can't use iFrames sometimes to display content.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!