PDA

View Full Version : Digimon

PaulMacC
08-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I just found some old Digimon tapes and I'm burning them to DVD's now to save them for the future so I can look back at my childhood.

Anyway Digimon was below pokemon but some how it played an important part in my childhood.

Why is it that I have the urge to go and watch the tv show again. I mean It ended 3 years ago (4th season) and i think after a 3 year hiatus the Digimon production company are whipping out Season 5 in Fall 07'.

Anyway does anyone remember Digimon, if so what were the best seasons.

After Season 1&2 It was boring.

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 04:34 PM
I just found some old Digimon tapes and I'm burning them to DVD's now to save them for the future so I can look back at my childhood.

Anyway Digimon was below pokemon but some how it played an important part in my childhood.

Why is it that I have the urge to go and watch the tv show again. I mean It ended 3 years ago (4th season) and i think after a 3 year hiatus the Digimon production company are whipping out Season 5 in Fall 07'.

Anyway does anyone remember Digimon, if so what were the best seasons.

After Season 1&2 It was boring.

Someone's selling fake Digimon DVD boxsets on eBay but everyone hates them cos they suck.

And I defo agree - Seasons 1 and 2 OWNED.

Then the plotlines messed up.

EDIT: What I thought was very odd was that only 5 volumes of S1 Digimon and one of S2 were released on video - you would've thought they would release them all.
Wonder if they'd ever release S1 & S2 in DVD boxsets?

Part off-topic: Anyone seen Mix Master on Nicktoons? Definite Digimon rip, only it's made by Koreans lol.

And Jetix showed that series of episodes from S2 where they went on a world tour today, I was like :o

Nixt
08-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Digimon was actually good, but everyone (including myself) preferred Pokémon and considered Digimon to be a rip off of Pokémon.

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Digimon was actually good, but everyone (including myself) preferred Pokémon and considered Digimon to be a rip off of Pokémon.

Pokémon actually started 2 years earlier than Digimon with the video games, so it's easy to see why people say it's a rip.

The Digimon franchise has been criticized as being a clone of the more popular Pokémon title, as both properties are aimed at children and feature interaction between humans and imaginary monsters. Although their basic concepts are similar, their respective media thematically bear little in common. Some Digimon video games also center on sportsmanship, but in the anime, Digimon fight to survive or to destroy enemies, as opposed to Pokémon battles where the Pokémon faints instead of dying. In addition, once a Pokémon evolves it has no way to go back to its original state, while the DigiDestined's Digimon can.

In addition to this, Digimon were created to be more "human" characters, and the animators thus gave them human emotions and speech (being able to talk like humans), as well as an ability to emotionally 'connect' to their human partners. But they are also wild creatures, therefore they combine human and animal aspects. Pokémon animators gave their Monsters non-human characters, animal-like qualities and features.

Stephen
08-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I've still got a little cuddly toy of the little orange digimon (Don't know its name though).

But yeah I preferred pokemon! Meh, I still watch pokemon battle frontier if i'm off school LOL. Thats only thing good on.

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I've still got a little cuddly toy of the little orange digimon (Don't know its name though).

But yeah I preferred pokemon! Meh, I still watch pokemon battle frontier if i'm off school LOL. Thats only thing good on.

The orange one?
I think you is tallking about Agumon foo'!

I think Pokémon lasted all this time due to the fact that you still have Ash Ketchum and Pikachu in. Remove them and Pokémon's screwed.

Plus, here is a very odd thread I posted ages ago about zak-x fancying someone off Digimon: http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=172040

brapp
08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
no, i hated it.

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
no, i hated it.
Presumably because you liked Pokémon?
Or did you just hate the whole thing together?
EDIT:
OH GOD I'M ACTING LIKE KYLE

brapp
08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Presumably because you liked Pokémon?
Or did you just hate the whole thing together?
EDIT:
OH GOD I'M ACTING LIKE KYLE

Well I didn't mind Pokemon but i never really watched that either.

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 05:27 PM
I've never really liked Pokémon due to the fact that the characters and locations were fake.
Digimon had that extra glint of realism. One episode even has the Tokyo Tower in.

velvet
08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
haha, i LOVED digimon & pokemon. Had everything to do with both of them (:
Though, I still do love pokemon (:
19 days t'ill the uk release of pearl & diamond (:!
Well pre-ordered them. *sad*

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 05:38 PM
haha, i LOVED digimon & pokemon. Had everything to do with both of them (:
Though, I still do love pokemon (:
19 days t'ill the uk release of pearl & diamond (:!
Well pre-ordered them. *sad*
Oh lord!
Well, at least you're not incredi-sad like this girl, called Amy Bowen from California:
http://bowen2.com/amy/cosplay/mimi.html
EW EW EW

As I've said before, Pokémon's kept its lasting appeal - Digimon, unfortunately, didn't.

velvet
08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh lord!
Well, at least you're not incredi-sad like this girl, called Amy Bowen from California:
EW EW EW

As I've said before, Pokémon's kept its lasting appeal - Digimon, unfortunately, didn't.

aha, that's well good.
(:
& the only digimon thing that isn't in my loft is the little handheld one, where you walk & it walks with you & you do battles (:

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
aha, that's well good.
(:
& the only digimon thing that isn't in my loft is the little handheld one, where you walk & it walks with you & you do battles (:
I didn't collect the merchandise lol!
Although I did write this messed up fanfic when I was like 11 about Digimon... yeah, it was gay.

velvet
08-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I didn't collect the merchandise lol!
Although I did write this messed up fanfic when I was like 11 about Digimon... yeah, it was gay.

haha.
i have pretty much everything.
same with pokemon (H)
& lmao, i never wrote a fanfic, i'm far too lazy & unimaginative.

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 05:53 PM
haha.
i have pretty much everything.
same with pokemon (H)
& lmao, i never wrote a fanfic, i'm far too lazy & unimaginative.
The thing I hate about fanfics is that most of them seemed to relate around romance or something.
I mean, take Digimon. Go to the fanfiction.net page: http://www.fanfiction.net/anime/Digimon/
about 90% of it is romantic crap.

Eamonn
08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I loved digimon, the first two seasons were the best but I really disliked the third season as it was set mainly in the normal world which I think made it boring, they should of stuck to the digimon world instead :(

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 06:03 PM
I loved digimon, the first two seasons were the best but I really disliked the third season as it was set mainly in the normal world which I think made it boring, they should of stuck to the digimon world instead :(
Yeah - it got ruined after S2.

PaulMacC
08-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Apparently Season 5 has all the original digimon with new trainers. The same Agumon that Kaii (Bush hair dude in S1) had in S1. S1 Digi-Destined people are all grown up and in their 30's.

Season 5 is also set in the Digi-world. Hopefully this will put Digimon back on the road as it's set to be airing Season 5 after a 3 year hiatus. It's airing in Uk and USA in Fall 07' and has already been aired in Japan.

The Digimon Soundtrack was far better than Pokémons.

Axel
08-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I liked it too, but it wasn't very popular. I had loads of cards, the Digimon movie, little figuries, and those tamagotchi digimon, loved them. It's completely different to pokemon though.

Browney
08-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I was such a Trading Card Game freak. I had the lot. Pokemon, Digimon AND Yu-Gi-Oh! God I need a life.

--ss--
08-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I used to love didgimon and pokemon , im so sad i actualy watched the whole of season 1,2 and soem of 3 on the net a few days ago , season 1 is the ebst imo , does anyone remember Dragonballz? I will alwyas rememebr them shows
There are minors things like beyblade and yugioh , they were the latest trends like 5 eyars ago lol

I used to have almsot all the pokemon cards , a shame i lost them all when they went out of fashion :(

Heres some links if you want to watch digimon:
http://tv-links.co.uk/show.do/3/186 For season 1 and 2 and the first half of 3
Episodes after 20 in in season 3 don't work , season 4 and 5 are in japanese with subtittles
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=LinkRulez&p=r&page=6 For all the Digimon season 3

for season 4 just search digimon frontier episode*number goes here* on google

PaulMacC
08-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I tried to get into Season 3 but I just couldnt.
Apparently Jetix UK arent showing any more Digimon episodes but today they shown a S2 movie, so perhaps.
Fall 07' S5 is being shown in USA and hopefully it will be heading to UK.

--ss--
08-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I tried to get into Season 3 but I just couldnt.
Apparently Jetix UK arent showing any more Digimon episodes but today they shown a S2 movie, so perhaps.
Fall 07' S5 is being shown in USA and hopefully it will be heading to UK.
go to the youtube link i posted , i'm currently watching the season 3 episodes from there :p
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=LinkRulez&p=r&page=6

I'm sad i watched the movie today:(

Season 5 doesn't look that good :(

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 09:04 PM
The Digimon Soundtrack was far better than Pokémons.

Ye it was.
Plus, the Digimon Movie soundtrack was the first place I heard Less Than Jake.
FACT.

Unfortunately, YouTube has been a hax0r and deleted many users who have posted Digimon videoz.
One still survives: Jcasta1314, although most of his episodes have parts missing.
http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=Jcasta1314

EDIT: Some of the... weird... comments on the 1st half of Princess Karaoke (BEST. EPISODE. EVER.)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2muwNtwAg - episode
bluefire01234: mimi's hotter in the first season but not the second
garurumon07: who do think is hotter/ more beaytiful sara or mimi (this guy is an idiot - it's sora lol)
Tse12954: Is it me or does Tai's little laugh at the end of his introduction sound like Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka laugh? slightly disturbing o_O

The episode name is a play on the anime movie Princess Mononoke or something like that.

-Wolverine
09-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Digimon ruled! I remember waking up every Saturday morning watching Digimon, then Pokemon came on. The first two seasons were really great, then I just I stopped watching..

But pokemon at the time I thought was better.

I still have the toy of Gatomon in my room somewhere:

He had that lightning paw thing I think..

Herman
09-07-2007, 09:15 AM
i used to love digimon season 1. i hated pokemon, it's always about that ash dude battling in a gym, or finding some new pokemon, but then team rocket comes and tries to ruin everything but end up blasting off. lol, it's always the same thing.

digimon season 1, on the other hand, has a good storyline. i loved it, i've only watched season 1 though. the rest looked crap.

:alexxTURNER
09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Does anybody remember that other tv program Beyblade?

N!ck
09-07-2007, 02:08 PM
I used to like Pokemon, and I had all of the gameboy games up to Fire Red (yes, every single one :O including pinball, trading card game and puzzle challenge) I never watched in on TV much, but I really liked the games. I used to manually train them all up to level 100 lol, and I remember being so happy when I finally caught all 151 Pokemon in the Pokemon Red. I never watched Digimon because I thought it was shiz, but I had the Digimon PS1 game. It was awesome :D.

joshuar
09-07-2007, 02:38 PM
I love Digimon :P I have spent quite a lot of my summer so far watching the first season (in which I watched EVERY episode) and playing on the Digimon World 1 & 2 on the ps1 (Downloaded them and burnt them to disk). Will be watching season 2 soon :)

The first two seasons were the best, series 3 was rubbish from what I saw, they changed it far too much then.

Im not sad, honest :)

--ss--
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I do :p I remember buyign laods , they used to cost £5 each though :(
the show was ok but got boring soon after :(

Pfft I'm watching all the episodes online aswell and have been for the past week or so :p

I saw the digimon game for ps2 in game , it was only liek £2 , i would of bought it but im not that sad :p

PaulMacC
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
The song was always my favourite Digimon song.

Davis Theme - Kick it up.

Jõnathan
09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
The first two seasons were the best, series 3 was rubbish from what I saw, they changed it far too much then.

Im not sad, honest :)
AGREE WITH TOP POINT. (already said about 500+ times)
Herman, S2 is just really an extension of S1.

And, for ultimate sadness:
OWNED.

and this thread is well good too: http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=172040

:alexxTURNER
09-07-2007, 07:57 PM
I used to be a cartoon freak rofl
I used to watch Pokemon; Digimon and beyblade

-Wolverine
09-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Digimon ruled! I remember waking up every Saturday morning watching Digimon, then Pokemon came on. The first two seasons were really great, then I just I stopped watching..

But pokemon at the time I thought was better.

I still have the toy of Gatomon in my room somewhere:

He had that lightning paw thing I think..
http://www.absoluteanime.com/digimon/gatomon.jpg

Ah, I hated that show. The toys were cool though.

Jambe
10-07-2007, 12:47 PM
GO DIGIMON!!! lol

Jõnathan
10-07-2007, 04:09 PM
GO DIGIMON!!! lol
Pointless...?
Plus, I found the only Digimon trading card I have.
It's of Etemon (http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/c4/Etemon.jpg), who's a monkey-Elvis cross.
Ewwwwww.

Nightrose
10-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Digimon was okay i enjoyed the first 2 series and then basically i stoped watching it.

I remember when the pokenmon movie game out (the first one) me and my brother went to watch it. funny enough it was pretty good. That was like when i was 6/7 or something 1997 i think it was when it came out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!