PDA

View Full Version : Charley racist?

ViRgIn
08-07-2007, 06:07 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8/a64754/charley-warned-for-using-racist-slur.html

Emily was ejected for this.
What do you think?

Plank
08-07-2007, 06:09 PM
"Charley used the N-word as a black woman to refer to another black person. We judged her use of the term different from Emily's. But Big Brother called her to the Diary Room to remind her that this word could cause offence."

i think the same as the spokes person.

the wombats
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
she used it on the night emily said it as well? isn't she one though? so it's slightly different with her saying it i think.

ViRgIn
08-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Well she should not be using that world at all, as she knows about CBB and after what happend to Emily.

e5..
08-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Emily said it to try sound like a black person, trying to mix in with her.. so charley says it she should be ******* out the stupid *****.

Hecktix
08-07-2007, 06:28 PM
get charley out.

Axel
08-07-2007, 06:31 PM
When Emily said it, she didn't mean to cause offence, but she gets kicked out. Same applies to Charley, she should get kicked out too.

English
08-07-2007, 06:45 PM
A black person should not be able to say it just as a white person should not be. It's a derogatory term that was used towards ancestors of black people. I quite like the quote by Samuel L Jackson in Coach Carter about the term.

User43
08-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I dont think it is racist as she is black her self.

MattyBoy
08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Report it to that site (forgot what it called) for not punishing her. BB is being racist for not kicking the black people out for being naughty.

luke-p
08-07-2007, 06:58 PM
If she said it she should be kicked out aswell... Even if she is black.. She still said the word!

Plank
08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
emily was saying it as a white person to a black person, where as charley is black and was referring to another black person.

Aflux
08-07-2007, 07:09 PM
It is impossible for black people to be racist.

Axel
08-07-2007, 07:12 PM
emily was saying it as a white person to a black person, where as charley is black and was referring to another black person.

So what? They both used the word, yet Emily was kicked out just because she's white. That's sort of racist to white people. Black people can say the word but not white people.

luke-p
08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
It is impossible for black people to be racist.

Hell yes!

Racisim works both ways... But a black person saying the N word isnt them being racist... but she should be punished for saying the word anyway...

Fonejacker
08-07-2007, 07:20 PM
So what? They both used the word, yet Emily was kicked out just because she's white. That's sort of racist to white people. Black people can say the word but not white people.
I agree with you 100%! +rep

luke-p
08-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Hell yes!

Racisim works both ways... But a black person saying the N word isnt them being racist... but she should be punished for saying the word anyway...

Should be no :|

Just abit screwed up tonite :)

But yeah, she should be punished the exact same way as the other girl did... Its a word, and neither ment it offencivley, but neither did the first girl. Just because she is black doenst meen she can say it on tv grrrr

Blissa
08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Why should rules stand back because of the colour of her skin? at the end of the day, if she says it, it is still deemed offencive to the public, it doesn't matter about the creed, colour or nationality of the person. If Emily said it and was removed from the Big Brother house, then so should Charley be, I don't think it's fair otherwise. Bare in mind there are other black housemates in the House that still may find it offencive even if it was said by someone of their own skin colour; I don't understand why the rules would be different, and if Big Brother doesn't take action then I think it's wrong.

Jambe
09-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Thats sad tbh.. As other people say stuff its just cuz todays sisitiy are too worried about being too racist against black to worrie about if they are being more racist to other.. You can say white board in class but not black...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!