PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

Charlie
08-07-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm going on holiday in 4 days, and my only source of music is my iPod, and i want to have a large amount of music so i don't get bored of the same old tracks, so can you recommend some bands for me to listen to. I'll rep everyone who recommends some bands, any kind of music will do me as i'm into everything. Thanks ;)

English
08-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Cold War Kids. Their album 'Robbers & Cowards' is excellent and only £5 in HMV.
The Verve - Their album Urban Hymns is a great album - with many great songs on it such as Bittersweet Symphony, Sonnet, Lucky Man & The Drugs Don't Work. Again, £5 in HMV at the moment(I think)
The Enemy have their album out tomorrow and it appears it will be a great album!:)
Radiohead - The Bends. This album got me into Radiohead, songs like 'High And Dry' are extremely good and Thom Yorke has such a great voice.
The Libertines - The Libertines. Excellent album, great lyrics and a great vibe about the album.

Charlie
08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
The Verve - Their album Urban Hymns is a great album - with many great songs on it such as Bittersweet Symphony, Sonnet, Lucky Man & The Drugs Don't Work. Again, £5 in HMV at the moment(I think)
The Enemy have their album out tomorrow and it appears it will be a great album!:)
Radiohead - The Bends. This album got me into Radiohead, songs like 'High And Dry' are extremely good and Thom Yorke has such a great voice.
The Libertines - The Libertines. Excellent album, great lyrics and a great vibe about the album.

I'm deffo buying The Enemys album tomorrow, but i'll have alook for the rest of those albums as well, thanks. ;) +rep.

Jõnathan
08-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I just copied and pasted this from me other post in Narsh's thread:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In no order whatsoever:

Tiger Force
The Go! Team
Foals
DJ Mehdi
Hot Chip
Bonde Do Rolê
The Holloways
Steriogram
¡Forward, Russia!
Hot Club de Paris
Modest Mouse
R.E.M. (if you don't like R.E.M. then... wth are you doing on earth)
blur (if you dislike them - same reason as above)
Graham Coxon (was in blur)
The All-American Rejects
Bloc Party
Maxïmo Park
Jamie T
Plan B
Mumm-Ra
Cajun Dance Party
The Rakes
Razorlight (earlier stuff is better than the newer stuff IMO)
We Are Scientists
The Gossip
Air Traffic
Editors
Engerica
30 Seconds To Mars
Calvin Harris
Muse
LCD Soundsystem
Enter ShikariP.S. Craig's becoming like Sam (RedStratocas)

RedStratocas
08-07-2007, 09:54 PM

yeah, but dont give into people telling you that their post-OK Computer stuff is bad. i thought that when i first got into them, but then i listened to it a while, and it's amazing.

LCD Soundsystem -- because Disco Punk is probably the most ingenious hybrid genre ever created [btw craig, Thom Yorke is a huge LCD SS fan ;D]
Cursive -- sure, they're kinda a new emo band, but they're good. no makeup here.
Elliott Smith -- he commit suicide in 2003, but his voice is like sex. really. he mostly does short acoustic songs, but they're amazing. He did the music for Good Will Hunting
Modest Mouse -- if you dont like "Ocean Breathes Salty", jump in a lake.
Junior Boys -- electropop! get all of last year's album. it's super good. [free song! (http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/Junior%20Boys%20-%20In%20the%20Morning.mp3)]. thats my favorite of their songs too.

beth
08-07-2007, 10:35 PM
yeah, but dont give into people telling you that their post-OK Computer stuff is bad. i thought that when i first got into them, but then i listened to it a while, and it's amazing.

LCD Soundsystem -- because Disco Punk is probably the most ingenious hybrid genre ever created [btw craig, Thom Yorke is a huge LCD SS fan ;D]
Cursive -- sure, they're kinda a new emo band, but they're good. no makeup here.
Elliott Smith -- he commit suicide in 2003, but his voice is like sex. really. he mostly does short acoustic songs, but they're amazing. He did the music for Good Will Hunting
Modest Mouse -- if you dont like "Ocean Breathes Salty", jump in a lake.
Junior Boys -- electropop! get all of last year's album. it's super good. [free song! (http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/Junior%20Boys%20-%20In%20the%20Morning.mp3)]. thats my favorite of their songs too.
i adore cursive, but i haven't listened to them in forever ):

well my favourite artists right now are plan b, death cab for cutie & dartz! they're three ace bands so, yeah check them out.

Narsh
08-07-2007, 11:33 PM
freshly robbed from my myspace page ~

+44, 30 Seconds To Mars, 36 Crazyfists, A Day To Remember, A Static Lullaby, AFI, Aiden, Alexisonfire, Alien Ant Farm, Alkaline Trio, All American Rejects, The Almost, Angles & Airwaves, Anti-Flag, As I Lay Dying, At The Drive-In, The Ataris, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Avril Lavigne, Bayside, Beyond All Reason, Biffy Clyro, Billy Talent, The Black Maria, The Bled, BlessTheFall, Blink 182, Bowling For Soup, Boxcar Racer, BoySetsFire, Brand New, Brigade, Bring Me The Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine, The Calling, Chiodos, City And Colour, Coheed & Cambria, Comeback Kid, Creed, Cute Is What We Aim For, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Drop Dead, Gorgeous, Drowning Pool, Dry Kill Logic, Emery, Eminem, Enter Shikari, Escape The Fate, Evanescence, The Fall Of Troy, Fallout Boy, Feeder, Fightstar, Finch, Fireflight, Flyleaf, Foo Fighters, Forward, Russia!, From Autumn To Ashes, From First To Last, Funeral For A Friend, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly!, Good Charlotte, Green Day, Gym Class Heroes, Halifax, Hanson, Hellogoodbye, Him, Hinder, Hit The Lights, Hundred Reasons, I Am Ghost, I Killed The Prom Queen, Ill Nino, In Flames, InMe, James Morrison, Jimmy Eat World, Kill Hannah, Killswicth Engage, Less Than Jake, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lost Prophets, LoveHateHero, Madina Lake, Muse, My Chemical Romance, N.E.R.D, New Found Glory, Nickelback, Nine Inch Nails, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, The Offspring, OPM, P.O.D, Panic! At The Disco, Papa Roach, Paramore, Placebo, Rage Against The Machine, The Rasmus, Red, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Refused, Rise Against, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Roadrunner United, Saosin, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Self Against City, Senses Fail, Shiny Toy Guns, Sick Puppies, Silverstein, Simple Plan, Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, Still Remains, Stone Sour, Story Of The Year, Sum 41, Switchfoot, Taking Back Sunday, 3 Days Grace, Thrice, Thursday, Toploader, Travis, Underoath, The Used, Weezer, Weird Al Yankovic, Wheatus, Within Temptation, Yellowcard, Zebrahead.

shiver
09-07-2007, 08:15 PM
maroon 5 - it won't be soon before long (album)

been out for a while now but it's great!!

,Jess,
09-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Kasabian
Klaxons
Fort Minor
LCD Soundsystem
Prodigy
iForward
Yellowcard
Orson
Soulwax
Cherry Ghost
Hybrid
Jimmy Eat World
No Doubt
We Are Scientists
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

velvet
10-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Fei Comodo
Suicide Silence
Every time I die

runetrinity
10-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Enter Shikari
Saving Aimee
30 seconds to mars

Thats all ya need, there wicked

Jambe
10-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Recommend sum 41 :)

mangle
10-07-2007, 04:18 PM
the libertines.
regina spektor
kasabian
arctic monkeys
stone sour

:]

Anun
10-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I could recommend so much!

However i wont. Instead here are the last 5 albums i bought:

Marylin Manson - Eat Me, Drink Me
The Clash - The Singles
Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob
Oasis - Stop The Clocks
Bon Jovi - Lost Highway

Charlie
10-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks, i'll check all those.

Also Anun, i've given too much rep out in the last 24 hours, so i'll rep you when i can okay?

samsaBEAR
10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
the maccabees - colour it in
the pigeon detectives - wait for me
we are scientists - with love and squalor

three albums i love atm

Jõnathan
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
the maccabees - colour it in
the pigeon detectives - wait for me
we are scientists - with love and squalor

three albums i love atm
If you hate these album then you must die
Although I haven't listened to TPD's album fully.

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

RedStratocas
11-07-2007, 01:26 AM
the new White Stripes album is pretty BA, I must admit.

beth
11-07-2007, 11:18 AM
i hate the pigeon detectives, so feel free to kill me.

samsaBEAR
11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
they are pretty awesome albums. i getting into indie music slowly but surely.
the pigeon detectives are well cool, im going to see them live later in the year

Jõnathan
11-07-2007, 05:51 PM
i hate the pigeon detectives, so feel free to kill me.
*Stabs u 2 death*
o lordy!

wishing
12-07-2007, 03:09 PM
any of that. all great stuff.

+

the maccabees
good shoes

both have recently released cracking debut albums.

joshuar
12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Motion City Soundtrack
Madina Lake
Biffy Clyro

And lots of whats already been said :)

Killer
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Any dance or rock.

ACDC
Led Zeppelin
Mason vs Exceeder

Stuff like that!

Jõnathan
12-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Any dance or rock.

ACDC
Led Zeppelin
Mason vs Exceeder

Stuff like that!

I lol'd at Mason and AC/DC being in the same list

Energizer
12-07-2007, 07:50 PM
akon
arcade fire
the automatic
american hi-fi
arctic monkeys
babyshambles
bowling for soup
boy kill boy
chamillionaire
dizzee rascal
embrace
eminem
the feeling
franz ferdinand
the fratellis
the fray
funeral for a friend
green day
hellogoodbye
james morrison
kaiser chiefs
keane
kasabian
the killers
the kooks
lily allen
linkin park
little man tate
oasis
r.e.m
razorlight
red hot chilli peppers
snow patrol
sum 41
the streets
the twang
u2

RedStratocas
12-07-2007, 09:07 PM
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead

the album Source Tags & Codes specifically.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!