PDA

View Full Version : Coding Video

redtom
08-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Okey I said I would make this so I did.

.zip (http://www.angel-hosting.co.uk/video.zip)

I was uploading the video on it's own so you would't have to download anything but it was taking to long.

Right to stop people spamming this thread with crap heres what it is.

This video is of me coding, I don't know if I'm an okey or crap coder, it's quite basic and a bit slow, it is not a tutorial, only a video of me coding, I'll make a video tutorial with sound at the start of the summer holidays.

Moved by opensourcehost (Forum Moderator) from Web Designing: Please post in the correct forum next time, thanks :).

Liam!
08-07-2007, 07:19 PM
downloading atm. ty, +rep.

Lycan
08-07-2007, 07:29 PM
downloaded, try playing but get errored each time.

redtom
08-07-2007, 07:34 PM
downloaded, try playing but get errored each time.

When? at the start? also what player?

Lycan
08-07-2007, 07:36 PM
i use wmp, but i have enough codecs installed to know the player shoudn't be behind the error.

redtom
08-07-2007, 07:37 PM
i use wmp, but i have enough codecs installed to know the player shoudn't be behind the error.

I downloaded the upload to see if there was an error from when I uploaded it and it played fine, are you on vista?

Lycan
08-07-2007, 07:39 PM
sadly not, i'll assume it was a problem during the download and redownload it again ;)

Mentor
08-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I aint watched it yet, but if its slow its possibly a good idea to speed the video up, 2* at the very least, maybe even 10* or more if your slow "/

redtom
08-07-2007, 07:41 PM
sadly not, i'll assume it was a problem during the download and redownload it again ;)

good dont get it vista sucks, hmmm if it errors again I'll reupload then if that errors for people then **** it

Aflux
08-07-2007, 07:41 PM
good dont get it vista sucks, hmmm if it errors again I'll reupload then if that errors for people then **** it
www.youtube.com

;)

Recursion
08-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Wish I could code like that, But i find Video tutorials hard, I like text ones with pics. :P

Liam!
08-07-2007, 08:04 PM
plays fine for me.

Robby
08-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Just watched it :D

I think it will be helpful to alot of people

cant wait for the video tutorial.

ScottDiamond
08-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Wish I could code like that, But i find Video tutorials hard, I like text ones with pics. :P

That's why you made one with your little girly voice then is it? =/

Anyway Tom, it's downloading at this time. Is it divs? =D

Recursion
08-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I did it because i cbf to take screenshots possibly?

Fgs you've been an **** today.

redtom
08-07-2007, 08:22 PM
O great this has been moved into the coding forum, watch it die.

Yeah divs

ScottDiamond
08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I did it because i cbf to take screenshots possibly?

Fgs you've been an **** today.

Give what you expect.

I've been an **** today? Really? Well spotted. It seems the only way to get messages into peoples heads is to go harshly. I don't care what I'm like, nor do I care what you're like or if you like my "attitude" or not. You've got to be 13+ to join this forum, an age where you should be mature enough to take harsh critisim. Don't expect every message to come in a wrapped box with a name tag on it when you're older.

O great this has been moved into the coding forum, watch it die.

Yeah divs

I'll link it in my sig.

And yey! =D

Liam!
08-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Give what you expect.

I've been an **** today? Really? Well spotted. It seems the only way to get messages into peoples heads is to go harshly. I don't care what I'm like, nor do I care what you're like or if you like my "attitude" or not. You've got to be 13+ to join this forum, an age where you should be mature enough to take harsh critisim. Don't expect every message to come in a wrapped box with a name tag on it when you're older.

I'll link it in my sig.

And yey! =D
You don't have to be 13 to join this forum btw.

Recursion
09-07-2007, 08:32 AM
You can join this forum from any age :|

And I am 13 nearly 14 ;|

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
You don't have to be 13 to join this forum btw.

Oooh great, now HabboX are breaking US Protection Laws.

You can join this forum from any age :|

And I am 13 nearly 14 ;|

Then you should be mature enough you ******* idiot.

Recursion
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
And how do you know this isn't a UK Forum?

And as I recall it is as they did have a seperate US Forum, don't know if they still do or not though.

But still, just please leave it now.

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
And how do you know this isn't a UK Forum?

And as I recall it is as they did have a seperate US Forum, don't know if they still do or not though.

But still, just please leave it now.

Are you an idiot?

People from the states go on this forum, as it's bigger that the US one. Also, people from different countries (Signapore, Spain etc) go on this forum too, where they also have the same laws about people below 13's personal information.

Just leave it? Oh yeah, right, sorry Dad. :rolleyes: You're some little kid who posts about some problem you have with ******* on forums. Grow up.

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

Lycan
09-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Oooh great, now HabboX are breaking US Protection Laws.

Then you should be mature enough you ******* idiot.

pronouced HabBox ... , not sure why i did that...

and yeah there is a seperate US forum think its http://www.habboxworld.com/ now

i dare ask how old you are to be calling them kids?

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 10:13 AM
pronouced HabBox ... , not sure why i did that...

and yeah there is a seperate US forum think its http://www.habboxworld.com/ now

i dare ask how old you are to be calling them kids?

I couldn't care how it's pronounced, I barely visit this forum.

Yes there is a US forum, http://habboxforum.us.

And I don't give out personal information, only to some close friends I trust on the internet.

Lycan
09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
I couldn't care how it's pronounced, I barely visit this forum.

Yes there is a US forum, http://habboxforum.us.

And I don't give out personal information, only to some close friends I trust on the internet.

so theres a huge chance your 13 too?

habboxforum.us doesn't exist .. how about just agreeing with me on HabboWorld =P

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 10:17 AM
so theres a huge chance your 13 too?

habboxforum.us doesn't exist .. how about just agreeing with me on HabboWorld =P

Sure it did exist, as I'm sure that it came up when this was on maintenance. =P

And as I said, I don't give out personal information.

Lycan
09-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Sure it did exist, as I'm sure that it came up when this was on maintenance. =P

And as I said, I don't give out personal information.

it did along time ago... which puts the 'i don't come on habbox' much.

Right, i feel i've stolen the thread.

i did finally manage to get it to play, must of been corupt the first time, should help alot of people =) +rep

i will say no more on your immature atempts to stir trouble... you bring a bad name to preteens.

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 10:23 AM
it did along time ago... which puts the 'i don't come on habbox' much.

So you are 13.

Right, i feel i've stolen the thread.

i did finally manage to get it to play, must of been corupt the first time, should help alot of people =) +rep

You're not getting anywhere with your rubbish attempts of guessing my age.

And I did come on Habbox a lot when I played Habbo, that's how I remember it.

Mentor
09-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Whats everyone on about with this under 13's cant join forums? If this forum was collection "personaly identifable information" of which you must seek a parents permission to hold for under 13, it would also need to have registered with the data protection authoritys of where ever its hold.

Now how many forums owners here have registered with a data protection authorty? Why not? Becuse forums DO NOT COLLECT personaly identifable information. A USERNAME is not personaly identifable as you, every detail you give is up to you to provide and none can be directly traced back to an indervidual unless they themselves make it so it can be. The forum does not force or ask you to provide ANY personaly identifable information.
If your still wondering what this means... it means a forum DOES NOT have to adbide by the protacols of the data protection act as it has no dang data that needs to be protected via it...

</partaly offtopic rant like thing>

Ontopic... u code really slowly, its faster just to photoshop manualy the elments u want to cut out that bother with all the inificant slicey crap

ShaneIsMe
09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
the laws doesn't matter about other countries, its where the server is held. -rep you are a *******

Sygon..
09-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Great thought of making a video, but in reality the method was slow and it could of been done alot faster in like 5-10 minutes if you had'nt of used the actual slicing tool.

redtom
09-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Great thought of making a video, but in reality the method was slow and it could of been done alot faster in like 5-10 minutes if you had'nt of used the actual slicing tool.

Ontopic... u code really slowly, its faster just to photoshop manualy the elments u want to cut out that bother with all the inificant slicey crap

I normaly code alot faster I kept stopping to talk to people and forgetting what I was doing, + the slicing took a while because I was trying to show how to get the right sizes.

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Whats everyone on about with this under 13's cant join forums? If this forum was collection "personaly identifable information" of which you must seek a parents permission to hold for under 13, it would also need to have registered with the data protection authoritys of where ever its hold.

Now how many forums owners here have registered with a data protection authorty? Why not? Becuse forums DO NOT COLLECT personaly identifable information. A USERNAME is not personaly identifable as you, every detail you give is up to you to provide and none can be directly traced back to an indervidual unless they themselves make it so it can be. The forum does not force or ask you to provide ANY personaly identifable information.
If your still wondering what this means... it means a forum DOES NOT have to adbide by the protacols of the data protection act as it has no dang data that needs to be protected via it...

</partaly offtopic rant like thing>

Email Addresses and DOB's can be classed as 'personal identifiable information' according to the yanks. ;)

the laws doesn't matter about other countries, its where the server is held. -rep you are a *******

How do you know where the server is held? It's most likely to be held in one of the major data centres in America.

And due to Americans, Spanish etc children under the age of 13 being able to access and join this forum without any mentioning of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.

Found here:
http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html

If you think I care about reputation, I don't. You're a serious idiot if you take that junk seriously and have orgasms all the time you get a +rep.

Mentor
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Email Addresses and DOB's can be classed as 'personal identifiable information' according to the yanks. ;)
If you can track someone down with just there date of birth it would be seriolsy impressive, i mean out of the 1000 and 1000s of people with the exact same date of birth how it somehow manages to lead specificaly to one person is far beyoned me...

The same is equaly true of the average hotmail email account, knowing an email account isnt particulay effective in tracking down an indervidual who uses it "/

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 08:25 PM
If you can track someone down with just there date of birth it would be seriolsy impressive, i mean out of the 1000 and 1000s of people with the exact same date of birth how it somehow manages to lead specificaly to one person is far beyoned me...

The same is equaly true of the average hotmail email account, knowing an email account isnt particulay effective in tracking down an indervidual who uses it "/

DOB, IP Address and Email Account all are personal identifiable information according to the US Government. Well, get real I suppose, they believe going to Iraq was right! I don't make this law up, I'm just stating that you have to be 13+ to join forums. Look at Runescape for example. Jagex are based in Cambridge, and all under 13's aren't allowed on the forums without the writen concent of their parents.

redtom
09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Jagex are based in Cambridge, and all under 13's aren't allowed on the forums without the writen concent of their parents.

It's because they care :D

anyway **** off and make your own thread.

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 08:38 PM
It's because they care :D

anyway **** off and make your own thread.

No, it's because it's the law. =D.

And nope, I'm asking about your coding. Do you always use the slice tool ?!?! :eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Or, do you use the marquee selection tool? :eusa_danc:eusa_clap

And also, why don't you code for FireFox? :eusa_wall :eusa_wall

redtom
09-07-2007, 08:55 PM
No, it's because it's the law. =D.

And nope, I'm asking about your coding. Do you always use the slice tool ?!?! :eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Or, do you use the marquee selection tool? :eusa_danc:eusa_clap

And also, why don't you code for FireFox? :eusa_wall :eusa_wall

lol

Yes I always use the slice tool

And the fox bites :(

ScottDiamond
09-07-2007, 08:59 PM
lol

Yes I always use the slice tool

And the fox bites :(

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! *feints*. Right. I need to get you to switch. Hmm... OK, add me on MSN. This is a job for the 11 team!

Aww, poor little Tom. ;P

Gangster
11-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I downloaded it but it wont allow me to play it. Do you know how to put videos on Youtube? If you do can you put it on the or google videos or something like that

Rockstar
26-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Link dosent work can you upload somewhere else Sorry.

Beau
29-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Fantastic video :) I've never coded a proper layout with images before; you've given me initiative to try!

+rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!