PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for a better "trusted" list...

DJ-Vimto
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
As many of you know, the last version of the trusted list soon turned out to be a failure, people were doing safe trades in order to get on the list, then using that to their advantage to scam people. I know of a couple of people (and I'm sure you do too) that have done this. Won't name names, cba adding to the 5 or so infractions/warnings ive been given for "accusing" people.

Anyway, the main requirement to get onto the trusted list, was to provide proof of at least 5 successfull trades, whether it be screenshots, videos, or a combination of both.

What I suggest we do is:

- raise the required amount of successfull trades to 10 - with video proof from at least 5 of them

as well as this, in order to stay on the list, all people on it must provide video and/or picture proof of each trade done after getting onto the list.

Some of you may think that there will be a lot of effort involved with this, for both the moderators and the traders amongst us, but to be honest I think it will be worth it if it means that we can cut down or eliminate the number of scams that are now occuring :)

thoughs and comments please?

^.^
10-07-2007, 12:56 PM
it would just take them longer then they could take advantage.
i think the untrusted list serves its purpose.
i think everyone knows who the scammers and the trustworthy people are.

DJ-Vimto
10-07-2007, 12:57 PM
as well as this, in order to stay on the list, all people on it must provide video and/or picture proof of each trade done after getting onto the list.

that will stop people taking advantage

^.^
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
they could do 10 small trades with video proof and then scam big.

[Jay]
10-07-2007, 01:07 PM
The untrusted list is better no need for trusted list someone can easily make 10 trades like 5 hcs a trade etc....then when they are on there they could scam a throne or w/e
The harder you make it to get on the list the bigger the scam will be

Rashelly
10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
But do you know what will stop scams ALL TOGETHER?

By not allowing RL/cross game trades.
But as said before, that wont happen, because the trading forum is probably the busiest (apart from discuss anything/spam/whatever), because of RL/cross game trading.

I don't think the untrusted list is that good, either, although I think it's a better idea than the trusted list.

--ss--
10-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Won't work , they'll just do like 1 hcs trades then when it comes tobig trades they'll scam.
People should just go by their own judgement and not let some list help make up their mind.

Elkaa
10-07-2007, 02:29 PM
We have the untrusted list. Nothing more is needed.

Jackk
10-07-2007, 02:30 PM
people can still do 10 trades with video proof and what not and then scam later on.

Elkaa
10-07-2007, 02:35 PM
We had this discussion only last week guys... I think it ended up being a 7 page thread. The decision was made by management to create the untrusted list. At least give that a go, before demanding even more - It's better than nothing, which is the alternative.

DJ-Vimto
10-07-2007, 04:03 PM
i think a lot of you have selected vision.

i'll say it for a third time...

in order to STAY ON THE LIST you have to PROVIDE VIDEO AND/OR PIC PROOF of EVERY TRADE after BEING ADDED.

how is there a risk of someone scamming if that was enforced?

Matty
10-07-2007, 04:36 PM
You had the trusted list, that got removed because people moaned, therefore I believe the people infavour of the trusted list will moan about untrusted list, can't win tbh.

Lime_Jello
10-07-2007, 04:43 PM
i think a lot of you have selected vision.

i'll say it for a third time...

in order to STAY ON THE LIST you have to PROVIDE VIDEO AND/OR PIC PROOF of EVERY TRADE after BEING ADDED.

how is there a risk of someone scamming if that was enforced?

Dj the thing is.. more people will get scammed trying to get on the trusted list..

For example

Scammer: You first.. I need to film this so I can get on trusted list.
Victim: Ok fine..
Scammer: "Runs"
Victim: omg..

Get what I'm saying.

Sly
10-07-2007, 04:57 PM
After all that..
I think i'd rather just get scammed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!