PDA

View Full Version : My Anti-Scammer Idea.

348GTS
10-07-2007, 01:34 PM
*PLEASE READ ALL OF IT BEFORE YOU POST*

As everyone here knows, the scamming has become outrageous. With the new addition of selling accounts and money, its so easy for someone to scam. Many people have come up with a way to stop this, with the untrusted list. Although this can work, these people still stay on the forums. On runescape, what happens if you scam? You're banned! You can appeal, but the monkies at Jagex don't like scammer.

I'm suggesting an idea. It could be a complete bust. It could work. I thing we should try it. Forget the untrusted list. Keep the trusted ones, and make a new forum. Call it Anti-Scam or something. Have it so its private, so only certain people can see it. Hire some Anti-Scam moderators who will take the info. I'm sure there are many people on this forum that would love to have a job, I for one. Someone that would just take the complaints. You would need sufficient effidence of someone scamming, like a video, or a picture. We would have a layout for scammers, for example:

Name:
Name of accused:
Date:
Trade:
Proof:
Closing Arguments:

Someone fills that out, and a staff will look at it, deem it successful or unsuccessful. If it is successful, then the person will be banned/suspended. If it was unsuccessful, it means that you need more proof.

I just decided to post this, like I said, it could be a bust. But its worth a try. It would stop people from accusing others of scamming, which in the long term would stop a lot of flaming/arguments. I suggest highering people that are active in this section and that are well known.

Edited by Elkaa (Forum Moderator): Naming scammers on the Forum is not allowed, period.
We have setup an untrusted list that is run by the members so that you are able to keep more safe and know who isn't trusted.
There is already an open thread to discuss this issue.
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=374897

^.^
10-07-2007, 01:38 PM
pics and vids are editable.

348GTS
10-07-2007, 01:41 PM
pics and vids are editable.

True, but its hard to edit a video to prove someone is a scammer.

^.^
10-07-2007, 01:46 PM
its easier than you think since there arn't high definition graphics for runescape.

DPS
10-07-2007, 02:04 PM
very true

[Jay]
10-07-2007, 02:17 PM
If the evidence can be edited then people who are actually trusted and not scammed can be banned because someone has edited a pic or a vid...
So as much as i want to see scammers get banned this wont work because innocent people could get banned.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!