PDA

View Full Version : Credit Redeeming Theory :o

jrh2002
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
This is for news and rumours so give your opinion on this theory I am not saying its true.

I think habbo are behind on their sales targets (yes they do have them) due to the introduction of trading creds.

I am fairly well off but always used to buy creds to renew my hc but now i just trade furni for creds and buy it like most of the people i talk to do. perhaps people whos hc has run out have decided to buy creds this month?

There is a lot of new furni coming out and people are frightened of missing out so would also buy credits to buy the new stuff.

I have mentioned this to a few people who have used habbo for a very long time and most have said they would not put it past them after some of our previous experiences.

ok lets see what you think.

Elkaa
10-07-2007, 10:59 PM
For the credits to be there to be traded, somebody must of bought them in the first place. They would of thought this over before allowing credits to be traded, and decided that it gave no, or little threat to income.

It was disabled due to a bug in the system, where you could get double credits, or more - That gave a threat to their income, just like the Splash Plastic credit "frauds" in 2004/5.

jrh2002
10-07-2007, 11:06 PM
For the credits to be there to be traded, somebody must of bought them in the first place. They would of thought this over before allowing credits to be traded, and decided that it gave no, or little threat to income.

I think at first there would be a rush to buy creds to trade for furni but the more creds on the hotel the less would be bought over time i would expect but who knows. I thought the reason for the creds was more to stop the scamming side of getting people to put creds on your account.

It was disabled due to a bug in the system, where you could get double credits, or more - That gave a threat to their income, just like the Splash Plastic credit "frauds" in 2004/5.

Surely this bug would also be on other hotels? ive not been on any foreign ones but from what i have read their creds are still redeemable.

Good points ty :)

joshuar
10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
If there was a rush to buy credits then they would have got a high amount of sales, then it would dip when nobody bought them, then pull back up, so it would have evened out I think.

I think the bug was from an update that other hotels may not have had, bear in mind I hardly use habbo, I don't even know what version UK is on :p

Paulio
10-07-2007, 11:24 PM
I thought about this when they first come out, I 100% agree with what you have said.

Once there is enough credits been bough to go round the hote people wont need to buy again.

jrh2002
10-07-2007, 11:25 PM
I hope your all right and it is a bug and not another of habbos made up stories

www.habbo.co.uk/home/jackhb (http://www.habbo.co.uk/home/jackhb) take a look to see why i dont trust habbo much. jack is spot on and the same happened to lots of us not that this has anything to do with not being able to redeem but it does show a bad side to habbo.

Uwe
11-07-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm fairy positive Habbo NL had this bug when they got the new version - I'm not sure why it wasn't resolved before UK got it though??

Antallica
11-07-2007, 06:31 AM
I wish they would sort it out.

CrazyColaist
11-07-2007, 07:25 AM
ive got 20 coz im cool

:job2
11-07-2007, 08:10 AM
I know that its a bug which made them turn the exchange off and i know that they cant turn it back on till its fixed but i do think there taking there time on perposly so that people buy more credits. As of today it has been 7 days since it went down and if like Uwe said and the problem was on habbo NL surley it wouldnt take 7 days to fix because they already would know what the problem is.

Hecktix
11-07-2007, 08:15 AM
It's a good theory.
However I don't think thats why they took credits down...
BUT I doubt it's taking this long to fix a bug they've already had in other hotels..
So I guess they could have seen how many people were now buying credits and "delayed" the return of Habbo exchange.

Shawnstra
11-07-2007, 08:47 AM
To be honest, I was a little surprised when Habbo introduced this feature. People only usually stock up on credits when they are in need of furniture or HC urgently. But now, you can just trade for them. Not surprising :)

jrh2002
11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Surely if they found this problem on another hotel all hotels would have been fixed at the same time? a bit of common sense is usually a good idea.
Do you know when .nl had the problem? and is it fixed now?
Perhaps they saw the sale of credits go up on .nl so thought it would be worth taking their time on .uk.

I need to redeem some credits and this is really starting to annoy me now.

They should sit a staff member in a room where u trade them your coins etc and they manually put creds in your purse. I know it would take forever but its only fair to let us trade our coins im sure thats the point of them. :eusa_wall

nm-nm
11-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Several Hotels have temporarily removed the feature to redeem credits.

USA: http://www.habbo.com/news/habbo_exchange_disabled.html
CA: http://www.habbo.ca/news/article_0479_exchangeproblems.html
AU: http://www.habbo.com.au/news/exchange_problems.html
IT: http://www.habbo.it/news/habbocambio (used google translator)
FR: http://www.habbo.fr/news/habbo_bank.html (used google translator)

I can't be bothered to check other hotels,
but yeah I agree probably wanting people to BUY credits then they'll eventually bring it back.

- Naveed

Liz♥
11-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Several Hotels have temporarily removed the feature to redeem credits.

USA: http://www.habbo.com/news/habbo_exchange_disabled.html
CA: http://www.habbo.ca/news/article_0479_exchangeproblems.html
AU: http://www.habbo.com.au/news/exchange_problems.html
IT: http://www.habbo.it/news/habbocambio (used google translator)
FR: http://www.habbo.fr/news/habbo_bank.html (used google translator)

I can't be bothered to check other hotels,
but yeah I agree probably wanting people to BUY credits then they'll eventually bring it back.

- Naveed

Good find +rep.

You would think they were lying about this so called "bug".

e5..
11-07-2007, 11:57 AM
My thoughts exactly.. jrh [:

Markness.
11-07-2007, 12:00 PM
this come at the same time they are releasing a whole new range of furni, and a new rare :)

well played sulake :P

nm-nm
11-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Good find +rep.

You would think they were lying about this so called "bug".

Thankyou :D

this come at the same time they are releasing a whole new range of furni, and a new rare :)

well played sulake :P

Exactly Lol. I have credits to be redeemed coz i want to buy the bulrush thing but I cant...

MangoJ
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I thought the exact same thing the second I heard it. Isn't it so convenient that there's a huge load of new furniture coming into the UK hotel, and it will for sure be down until the new rare comes out?

Ever since HC was introduced, all of seen had been greed from Sulake (or Habbo ltd. Can't remember which it was back then).

Baving
11-07-2007, 02:28 PM
This is for news and rumours so give your opinion on this theory I am not saying its true.

I think habbo are behind on their sales targets (yes they do have them) due to the introduction of trading creds.

I am fairly well off but always used to buy creds to renew my hc but now i just trade furni for creds and buy it like most of the people i talk to do. perhaps people whos hc has run out have decided to buy creds this month?

There is a lot of new furni coming out and people are frightened of missing out so would also buy credits to buy the new stuff.

I have mentioned this to a few people who have used habbo for a very long time and most have said they would not put it past them after some of our previous experiences.

ok lets see what you think.

I agree with your theory about 90% however if there really was a 'bug' then Sulake would obviously have to take the feature down. It does sound right though

Elkaa
11-07-2007, 02:39 PM
If it was effecting it like you say, they'd just remove the feature completely, and leave only the current ones in circulation.

You need to look at it from the otherside though. Users that do buy credits for rares, will now be buying more credits as they know they won't get scammed. They buy 30 credits for 3 HC. The otherside to that is that before, you'd buy HC on your other account to get another HC Sofa.

Regardless, it has been stopped this time due to a bug in the system.

e5..
11-07-2007, 03:02 PM
hmm, I suppose so elkaa, but jrh's could be very true.. lol, as habbo do make up things to hide such things.. (Can't think of any examples) lol

Laurensh1
11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
This theory is true..

Because almost all are on different versions they would not have the Credits problem. There are more V14 Hotels now, but v13 Hotels also redeemed them

Lozzoling
11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Your right.

Now as people can trade for credits, less people with bother using their phone etc.

I was thinking about this, and how it is a bad idea for the company.

callyd
11-07-2007, 10:11 PM
I think at first there would be a rush to buy creds to trade for furni but the more creds on the hotel the less would be bought over time i would expect but who knows. I thought the reason for the creds was more to stop the scamming side of getting people to put creds on your account.

[color=seagreen][color=#001394]

Surely this bug would also be on other hotels? ive not been on any foreign ones but from what i have read their creds are still redeemable.

Good points ty :)

you can't redeem credits on usa... so maybe th hotels with the new version have been effected and that's why others didn't get the new version as soon as we did

Paulio
11-07-2007, 10:13 PM
They may be testing it for a week or two, to se if their profits rise.

Hurts
11-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Everything new has become so dear since Exchange came, such as new furni, If its 5 credits in catalogue people want .5+ above for it LOL. I haven't brought any credits since it came, if it didn't, I'd still buy credits for my HC, Game tickets & New rare. Blah if it does or does not return, i shall not be bothered :P

Joeymac
11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
i believe its true and i've said it since the day after. If there was a glitch in the system why bother wasting time releasing more rares and get the glitch fixed?
its awkward and seems to be taking a while.

jrh2002
11-07-2007, 11:59 PM
well if it is a prob or a hoax its been so long so sack them all either way ;)

ÂșNotesÂș
12-07-2007, 12:56 AM
hmm, I suppose so elkaa, but jrh's could be very true.. lol, as habbo do make up things to hide such things.. (Can't think of any examples) lol

Prime example of them lying; Heidster saying that it was a quest when the MOD's were getting hacked (well, session stealing).

iJoe
12-07-2007, 09:23 PM
they will have to bring it back, even if its just to let everyone redeem ones they have

they are not allowed to make them un usable

jrh2002
12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Its great how habbo are still letting you buy coins and then you cant use them :s surely they should be removed from the catologue until its fixed?

Well done habbo.

Suppo
12-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Some kid found out on .es that if you place goldbar (coin, sack anything that can be redeemed) on the floor, delete the room and then redeem you will get the credits but the goldbar will stay on your room, which meant you could redeem it as much as you wanted.

And yeah, it's disabled on .fi too.

Antallica
13-07-2007, 06:41 AM
The staff say there trying but i dont think they are tbh.

Laurensh1
13-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Some kid found out on .es that if you place goldbar (coin, sack anything that can be redeemed) on the floor, delete the room and then redeem you will get the credits but the goldbar will stay on your room, which meant you could redeem it as much as you wanted.

And yeah, it's disabled on .fi too.

So when he told it to Staff it went like fire and then Sulake took al Habbo Exchange out?

:job2
13-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Well i doubt he told staff. He probualy told a few mates, then them mates told more mates etc and then a mod or staff member saw the chat logs. He should of kept it to himself lol. He would have made LOADS

[Oli]
13-07-2007, 11:15 AM
can't follow for a second here; how could you still redeem the bar if you have deleted the room its in :S

DPS
13-07-2007, 11:40 AM
I hope your all right and it is a bug and not another of habbos made up stories

www.habbo.co.uk/home/jackhb (http://www.habbo.co.uk/home/jackhb) take a look to see why i dont trust habbo much. jack is spot on and the same happened to lots of us not that this has anything to do with not being able to redeem but it does show a bad side to habbo.

Lol thay offerd to buy him a phone lmao

jrh2002
16-07-2007, 11:43 AM
;3704712']can't follow for a second here; how could you still redeem the bar if you have deleted the room its in :S

you stand in the room and then delete it but your still in it with the bar and could still pick it up if you wished. dont try it tho incase you get d/c lol

and yes all the phone numbers for creds purchases (home and mobile) were taken stolen which a certain staff member said was impossible but then ione offered jack a new phone but i couldnt be bothered to push it habbo were just making lies up as they went along.

was amusing when callie was trying to do a public event and they kept banning her haha

sim
16-07-2007, 03:59 PM
First off its good to see jrh2002 back on the forum.

Secondly I agree with you entirley. I have thought this myslef but never had the corouge to post it due to fear of being flamed.

I have 260 to redeem. Im angry.

Callumhall
17-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Well .uk and .com give different reasons for it being down e.g

.uk

This is to allow us the time to run maintenance on the feature

.com

Don't give a reason why its down But you are still allowed to buy credits

And also .com have bought out a rare too.

And also i thought they would of been some kind of riot like for the traxx with was a waste of a day watching lol it seems not alot of people are fussed about the credits going down

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!