PDA

View Full Version : Min-E3 sucks

Bear-Max
11-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Compared to last year, E3 announcements this year have been pretty damn crappy. Let's run through things...

Nintendo
Release dates for games we knew were coming out... and late dates at that.
A board. To stand on.
The Wii Zapper (the most interesting thing from Ninty this year)
Mario Kart! I would have never expected that...Microsoft
Some trailers.
A fugly green 360.
You can exclusively TEST Call of Duty 4.
Gears of War and Viva Pinata coming to PC.Sony
A PSP on a diet.
It's HOME... but outside :o
Some new games.
inFAMOUS. While looking undoubtedly cool, it's uh... Crackdown on crack.
"Surprise" Killzone 2 montage.All three were really pants, but I think Sony came out on top. Congratulations Phil, now go grow some hair.

I guess all there is to look forward to is Konami's megaton later tonight.

Fez
11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Microsoft had it's Halo 3ness

Nintendo had it's graphs

Sony had it's Killzone 2

Oni
11-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Compared to last year, E3 announcements this year have been pretty damn crappy. Let's run through things...

Nintendo

Release dates for games we knew were coming out... and late dates at that.
A board. To stand on.
The Wii Zapper (the most interesting thing from Ninty this year)
Mario Kart! I would have never expected that...Microsoft

Some trailers.
A fugly green 360.
You can exclusively TEST Call of Duty 4.
Gears of War and Viva Pinata coming to PC.Sony

A PSP on a diet.
It's HOME... but outside :o
Some new games.
inFAMOUS. While looking undoubtedly cool, it's uh... Crackdown on crack.
"Surprise" Killzone 2 montage.All three were really pants, but I think Sony came out on top. Congratulations Phil, now go grow some hair.
Id say nintendo win. People havent yet realised that this 'board' may not be confined to wii fit, think of it as like wii play its a controller bundeled with a game. It detects feet motion, your weight, how fat you are etc. They could make if you walk on the mat you walk in the game, Fatter people could run slower etc lol

Simmzay
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I thought it lasts over a couple of days? If that's the end of the announcements, that's terrible.

Oni
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I thought it lasts over a couple of days? If that's the end of the announcements, that's terrible.
It is, now they get to play loads of games. To be honest last year was better but think about it, it was the run up to the PS3 and Wii launch so they want to announce all of their games even if they have only just started development as the launch is when loads of consoles are bought. I was pretty pleased with this years E3, I thought it would be worse.

The wii zapper is really cool but I think the 'board' thrashes it.

Pyroka
11-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Sony gets Killzone 2... Enough said really, the 1st one was awful. It'll just end up a similar game to Gears. -.- Ninty have always been unique and I've always liked the fact they do something intrieguing in E3, everytime. Microsoft... They could've done helluvalot better.

I gotta agree with whoever it was who said it, Nintendo did come out on top like they do every year. :P

Bear-Max
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Killzone is nothing like Gears of War. Gears is a third person tactical shooter, and Killzone looks to me a lot more like a twitch shooter.

And while the Wii Fitness board is sure to be a hit with the casual market (ie. the masses)... Nintendo's own take on what is effectively a dance mat is hardly revolutionary, is it?

Simmzay
12-07-2007, 04:53 PM
I think it's just the game idea that's revolutionary. I mean, a lot of lazy people are going to try and lose weight with that. Then Nintendo will pay some guy who loses a lot of weight heaps of money for their new advertising campaign. Big money I predict.

Dentafrice,
12-07-2007, 05:07 PM
I think Warhawk looks nice.

And I wanna try "Home", seems pretty cool.

Oni
12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Killzone is nothing like Gears of War. Gears is a third person tactical shooter, and Killzone looks to me a lot more like a twitch shooter.

And while the Wii Fitness board is sure to be a hit with the casual market (ie. the masses)... Nintendo's own take on what is effectively a dance mat is hardly revolutionary, is it?
No its not? It detects your exact movements no pressing pads etc It also detects BMI, weight etc.

Homesrfan
12-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Sony came out on top, but they were all bad.
Nintendo's was the worst because they didn't concentrate on hardcore games.

Jam
12-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Sony came out on top, but they were all bad.
Nintendo's was the worst because they didn't concentrate on hardcore games.

Yeah, 'Chill' On The Innovations JUST BRING OUT SOME DECENT GAMES!

Decent Wii Games:

Eleedes
Mario Strikers
COD3 - Controls

BUT Go Board Thing! And If Gun Has Anything To Do With Metty Prime 3 Then... YEY!

PS2's Rock
Wii's Rock
360's Rock Woop! (And Yes The "2" Is Meant To Be A "2" Not A "3"

Oni
12-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I dont see why people arent seeing the wii balance board as a revolution, miyamoto said it wouldnt just be in wii fit. Basically in my opinion its like the wiimote2 so we can use our whole body.

Jam
12-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm Not I Just Like The Weight Bit, Saves Going To Boots And Paying 70p On That Machine For The Diet People! And I Just Realised What Its About The Wii Fitness Pack *Slaps Self* That You To Above Poster! Now Wii want WiiSticks, Drum Sticks!

Oni
12-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm Not I Just Like The Weight Bit, Saves Going To Boots And Paying 70p On That Machine For The Diet People! And I Just Realised What Its About The Wii Fitness Pack *Slaps Self* That You To Above Poster! Now Wii want WiiSticks, Drum Sticks!
Sorry that was meant to be arent. With this wii balance board its like proper virtua reality with the full body.

Kotu
13-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Has there been any news on The Sims 3 and a new Tomb Raider yet? I've read some speculation but nothing official :(

Homesrfan
13-07-2007, 01:49 AM
I dont see why people arent seeing the wii balance board as a revolution, miyamoto said it wouldnt just be in wii fit. Basically in my opinion its like the wiimote2 so we can use our whole body.
Snowboarding would be awesome... I hope 3rd parties implement it more than it already is.
But my complaint was there wasn't enough hardcore stuff. It was mainly all casual stuff. Nintendo has its hardcore games... they just didn't show them which gave it a bad vibe.

Has there been any news on The Sims 3 and a new Tomb Raider yet? I've read some speculation but nothing official :(
Sorry, EA isn't through milking Sims 2. A new Tomb Raider probably won't come too soon. We just saw Anniversary.

Jam
13-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Yup Another 3-5 Expansion Packs Left For Them To Churn In The $

Simmzay
13-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I hate EA, it's like they aren't capable of creating decent games and just want to rush every project they're involved with. As for the Wii, Smash Bros Metroid and Mario Galaxy should be enough, for now.

Neversoft
13-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Ha, I was the only one that suggested Nintendo would announce a Mario Kart game. What a guess. :P Can't wait for that!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!