View Full Version : HOW TO DEAL WITH BLOCKERS

Robby
12-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Dunno if posted, but i couldnt find.

http://www.habbo.co.uk/news/article253.html

Heidster
and other minor irritations
Ohhh it's So Annoying!

It's another lovely sunny day in Habbo, so you decide to pop down to the lido, and have a few laps, and maybe wow the crowd with your l33t diving skills, and what happens? There's some silly Habbo blocking the entrance to the pool! You're in a maze, just at that crucial place, and someone is standing in the way - oh no! You're in a public room and some nasty little beggar comes in and starts to annoy all your friends, it's so unfair!

Well, it's not nice no, but there are a few tools and tips that you can use to help you deal with the situation. Firstly - use ignore! If you can't hear 'em they can't annoy you! If they know you can't hear them, then they will get bored and leave. Talk to your friends, tell them you have the joker on ignore and encourage all your friends to do it. There's nothing more humiliating for someone who is trying to cause trouble than to be ignored. Treat 'em like they aren't there, and they soon won't be!

Go to somewhere else. This doesn't mean you are giving up or they are winning, it just means they have won't have an audience - suggest to your friends that you go meet up in a friend's room - you never know where you will end up, and you might be able to find a new room you never existed and find some new friends along the way.

Page a mod. Whilst blocking isn't always a high priority (the mods are always on the lookout first and foremost for calls for help from Habbos who are feeling unsafe and in potential danger), and while you may think that because your enjoyment of Habbo is of the utmost importance, sometimes it's not, and others need the mods help more. If a mod can come, they will. Otherwise you need to deal with the situation yourself, and I hope a few of these tips will help you to do just that!

It's all about empowerment, baby!

Baving
12-07-2007, 09:13 AM
I havent seen it anywhere, but the information in the article has been repeated over and over again

Robby
12-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Yeh its not on homepage but i found it on my RSS feeds :D

superstar911
12-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Well thanks for an article stating the obvious lol. I thought they had a new tool to get past blockers or something.

jrh2002
12-07-2007, 10:58 AM
now that the filter is removed god help any blockers i encounter ;) yes i could get banned but i dont care.

Leprachaun--X
12-07-2007, 11:10 AM
it just means they have won't have an audience

That makes no sense ^_^

But yea its rather annoying if people are blocking because they are highly likely to not get "bored" for a long time.

I think they could out-wait me :D

*Tuts at jrh2002*

[DC]eption
12-07-2007, 11:16 AM
That makes no sense ^_^

It makes perfect sense? :S

Jambe
12-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Cool artical ignore never works cuz they reload room and you have to press ignore again :((

GrAcE ShOrT
12-07-2007, 11:38 AM
It makes perfect sense? :S

"it just means they have wont have"
it makes no sense. it's contradiction.

LoveToStack
12-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Cool artical ignore never works cuz they reload room and you have to press ignore again :((

Not true, they need to reload the hotel to un-ignore, and even if it was just the room then they would have given up on their blocking. :)

Shawnstra
13-07-2007, 11:15 AM
New to me :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!