PDA

View Full Version : Online help.. again.

kyle♥
14-07-2007, 07:13 PM
No body can seem to answer me question :(.
Why does it fail on IP adress? Do I put my computer email then just leave the gateway and everything as it is?

PLS HELP.

Aflux
14-07-2007, 07:15 PM
www.xbox.com/support

They'd be better than us.

kyle♥
15-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I was putting my external IP lmao.. Now it fails on DNS, any ideas?

Sony.Com
15-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Set it as auto for the IP and DNS.

MattyBoy
15-07-2007, 03:11 PM
This happened to me. Right, go on your router control (type in adress bar number) type in username and pass. Then go to mac adress, then find your computers name and its mac adress, then go to the following thing on your xbox. Go to Network settings > Edit Settings > Click the thingy on your control to the right (i dunno whats it called i forgot i think its the d panel) > Click it down. You should then see Advanced Settings, Host name (type your computers name) then should see Mac adress (type your adress) click that bit. Then type in your pcs mac adress then type your pcs name. And im meaning like for e.g MATTS or LUKES or whatever you called it type that.

Click done the wala your IP is done.

Hope i helped

xbox.com/setup for details (which i didnt understand)

MattyBoy
15-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I was putting my external IP lmao.. Now it fails on DNS, any ideas?

Its says you gotta comfirm your IP adress, at first when i was stuck at IP bit i didnt get to that point. But when you do what i say above it comfirms it i think. But i didnt get any erros for DNS

kyle♥
15-07-2007, 04:46 PM
It says IP Adress confirmed. And my uncle set up my router and he said I shouldn't touch it and he won't give name and pass. But I think I can clock it.

IP is confirmed, just DNS fails.

MattyBoy
15-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Well, its the way to do it. If he doesnt do it, then you wont get it.

Agent 47
15-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Go to Start > Run > Type 'cmd' > When command prompt comes up type in 'ipconfig /all'

Try copying the DNS settings from there and putting it in your xbox.

MattyBoy
15-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Go to Start > Run > Type 'cmd' > When command prompt comes up type in 'ipconfig /all'

Try copying the DNS settings from there and putting it in your xbox.

Basically what i said but yours is easier :P

kyle♥
15-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Well Tom told me and it's all working. Thanks anyway guys. I finally got live :P.

Add Joshyx if you want a game of Test Drive or Saints Row or something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!