PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator help? :)

technolust!!
16-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Well i've just downloaded 'Flight Simulator X Deluxe', is that the FSX version? I've never played Flight Simulator in my life, NONE of them.. here are some questions i need answering:

1) Do I use a joypad? If so, would a Microsoft Side Winder or whatever they are called be alright?

2) What should I do to get started?

Thanks!

Dentafrice,
16-07-2007, 02:39 PM
you mean joystick?

I wouldn't reccomend a side winder. someone else could probably point you out to a better one but as I am in the US I know none of the stores in the UK ;)

technolust!!
16-07-2007, 02:41 PM
i guess so, something similar to this..

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GW7S58VKL._AA280_.jpg

also ive been reading up on the VATSIM site and it says about talking to the AFC? does this mean I need a microphone? lmao sorry i dont have a clue.

today
16-07-2007, 02:48 PM
dont bother trying with VATSIM yet. just mess around with it on your own. ;]

i use keyboard.. forget joysticks lol

sock
16-07-2007, 02:49 PM
ATC* well you can either use voice or text on vatsim. It would be much easier to use a joystick and i'm not sure about one of those side winder things. If you've only jus got FSX, then I reccommend you fly offline first, because if you don't fly according to rules you wll get banned from VATSIM anyway.

Dentafrice,
16-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I reccomend a joystick, I don't play anymore but from what I have found they are easier then gamepads or keyboard

Scania
16-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Sounds dodgy, You DOWNLOADED FSX Deluxe Edition? Thats impossible.

Dont try anything with MetroAir or Vatsim unless you want a rollockin after you dunno what to do.

dannyisnotamazing
16-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Just do the tutorial levels to get you used to it and how it works, controls etc.

I found it easier to use a joystick than keyboard

myke
16-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Hmmmm... I might buy this.

I recommend flying offline first, watching other people's threads.

xxMATTGxx
16-07-2007, 03:26 PM
You will NEED joystick or a flight control system like the Saitek X52 like I got but that's more for people who are going to use flightsim for most of the time.

Scania
16-07-2007, 03:38 PM
You will NEED joystick or a flight control system like the Saitek X52 like I got but that's more for people who are going to use flightsim for most of the time.

I heard you asking for clearence with Dan ;]]

Dan!
16-07-2007, 04:06 PM
I heard you asking for clearence with Dan ;]]

;o OH the 24 thing lolololol adam sent me them :D

their program you can use to record atc and your flight

xxMATTGxx
16-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I heard you asking for clearence with Dan ;]] It wasn't to Dan or to anyone and they were done months ago.

;o OH the 24 thing lolololol adam sent me them :D

their program you can use to record atc and your flight

Yes that Bloody Adam sending them to you. :P

technolust!!
16-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Sounds dodgy, You DOWNLOADED FSX Deluxe Edition? Thats impossible.

Dont try anything with MetroAir or Vatsim unless you want a rollockin after you dunno what to do.

why is it? i downloaded it from demonoid.com .. ;) yeah ill fly offline first, can anyone link me to a good place to purchase a joystick? @MattGarner, i'll probably only use it for flight simulator anyways so i'd probably be better with one of them.

edit: i dont wanna blow 100 quid on a saitek x52, i'd prefer a joystick tbh if its that much.. anyone link me to a good joystick? :)

dannyisnotamazing
16-07-2007, 08:47 PM
why is it? i downloaded it from demonoid.com .. ;) yeah ill fly offline first, can anyone link me to a good place to purchase a joystick? @MattGarner, i'll probably only use it for flight simulator anyways so i'd probably be better with one of them.

edit: i dont wanna blow 100 quid on a saitek x52, i'd prefer a joystick tbh if its that much.. anyone link me to a good joystick? :)
Are you sure you've not downloaded A NOCD crack? ..

Scania
16-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Are you sure you've not downloaded A NOCD crack? ..

Exactly :| You can't download a full Flight Simulator of the net, Unless you buy it, and they send you a link.

HotelUser
17-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Exactly :| You can't download a full Flight Simulator of the net, Unless you buy it, and they send you a link.

Sam why do you think this? You can download practically any software off the internet.

You Can download FSX it's no secret. It would take along time but you can.

Scania
17-07-2007, 01:55 PM
:@ Read my post David! I said you CAN download it, But its a 2 hour trial! 2 missions and 2 aero-planes. OR! You can buy it on the net, then they send you a link to download the main version! READ MY POSTS :@

dannyisnotamazing
17-07-2007, 01:58 PM
:@ Read my post David! I said you CAN download it, But its a 2 hour trial! 2 missions and 2 aero-planes. OR! You can buy it on the net, then they send you a link to download the main version! READ MY POSTS :@
No you can download the full game via torrent but it's about 7/8gb and it's easier imo to buy it cos no doubt there will be an error with the downloaded one, missing soundtrack or whatever.

But you can also download a NOCD crack which means you can play the game without a cd, I think he might of downloaded that..

technolust!!
17-07-2007, 03:59 PM
i have a certain site, ive downloaded hundreds of games from it.. my friend downloaded the whole game and he says its the full version with nothing missing.. he didnt need a CD. thanks for the advice guys!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!