View Full Version : Do you have a PSP?

snypa
10-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Do you have a PSP?

if you do can ya please reply..

thinking of getting 1 but wanna know if its worth it "/

Henry-Mix
13-05-2005, 11:30 AM
They ****, there just a gimmic of the PS2 but smaller, I recommend a DS, I know what you may say "the psp has better graphics" but if you think about it thats all thats special about it....gameplay is what matters, the DS has smaller cartages which means theres no loading time on games, its got a microphone, touch screen, its going online at the end of this year. And even so, the graphics are good on the DS.
and I know the psp has got a movie player/music player but what good is that when you only have a 2 hour battery life, the DS on the other hand has release a Media player that goes into the GBA slot and you can watch movies and listen to music, and the DS has a 10 hour battery life.
another thing, the PSP has memory cards which means your gonna have to carry/buy more of them when they get full up with movies/music/game saves, but the DS has cart save meaning you dont have to worrie about memory cards.

Finally, one last thing....
PSP= £200-250 Games= £40
DS= £80-100 Games=£30

BlueTails
13-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Yes, Well No, Coming Tomarrow, Or Monday.... Its Better Than DS, I Know That

Clo
14-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Get It, My Bro Has It And It's Worth It. :)

Bear-Max
14-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Actually the PSP is going to cost £179, and the games will be about £30. More high-profile games probably will cost £40 though.

People can't really comment on what is better until they've played both though - but it's down to your personal choice. I have no idea why there are so many arguments about what's better :S Yes, the PSP does have better graphics, but if it doesn't have the games or gameplay to back them up then the graphics are worthless.

DiscoMania
27-05-2005, 12:58 AM
I have a psp , it was worth it , Being a psp owner you get to laugh at the sad sad ds , the sad graphics.Haha

samsaBEAR
27-05-2005, 08:55 PM
They ****, there just a gimmic of the PS2 but smaller, I recommend a DS, I know what you may say "the psp has better graphics" but if you think about it thats all thats special about it....gameplay is what matters, the DS has smaller cartages which means theres no loading time on games, its got a microphone, touch screen, its going online at the end of this year. And even so, the graphics are good on the DS.
and I know the psp has got a movie player/music player but what good is that when you only have a 2 hour battery life, the DS on the other hand has release a Media player that goes into the GBA slot and you can watch movies and listen to music, and the DS has a 10 hour battery life.
another thing, the PSP has memory cards which means your gonna have to carry/buy more of them when they get full up with movies/music/game saves, but the DS has cart save meaning you dont have to worrie about memory cards.

Finally, one last thing....
PSP= £200-250 Games= £40
DS= £80-100 Games=£30

Sure it's more expensive, but you pay for quality!
I'd rather play Metal Gear Solid: Ac!d on PSP then another :rude: Mario game on the DS.
All Nintendo does is Mario games, like on GameCube,
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: 1000 Years ago
Super Mario
Super Mario 2

and so on and so forth.

I particualry laughed at these two points:

Internet? PSP already has Wi-Fi, which allows PSP owners to play against each other as long as they're in the same area, and it's for free. Nintendo will charge you for the Internet playing. In the end, it will turn out that the PSP is the cheaper option.

You should read the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine. They playtested a PSP, and found the battery life a little longer than two hours. As soon as I find my copy, I'll post here what the Battery times are.

Henry-Mix
27-05-2005, 09:29 PM
I cant be :rude: to argue with you 2 but ill say one thing, the only reason PSP has better graphics is that they put all there effort into that, but DS made it so it has the best gameplay, and gaming is all about the gameplay not graphics

paradox
27-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Im going to America hopefully... If I see one I'll grab it

samsaBEAR
27-05-2005, 09:33 PM
So basically what your saying is even if something with really 'old skool' graphics, as long as the gameplay was good you'd play it?
That's pretty lame

Henry-Mix
28-05-2005, 11:18 AM
well thats the truth and why DS dosnt have MP3/video, they made a hand held consol for gaming not for a Media Center

poll
28-05-2005, 11:25 AM
ds rocks much better nomatter what ppl say :D

Henry-Mix
28-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I agree lol

28-05-2005, 06:59 PM
all the psp is, is a ps2 small and poratable with no innovation
it costs £180 not including games

get a ds, 2 games and a few accecories instead

Henry-Mix
28-05-2005, 07:48 PM
FINALLY more DS lovers who agree with me lol,

Owen
29-05-2005, 01:52 AM
My mate got a psp from Japan, and he sold it for £5 to me after buying it for £400 odd. Thats how rubbish the PSP is and u dont even need 1 coz

PS3's out soon
Why just buy another basic PS2 when you already have one
Its pretty glitchy actually

So in my view, no point

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!