PDA

View Full Version : Mario Party 8 removed from shelves

PaulMacC
16-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Mario party 8 removed from UK shelves apparently for this

http://www.uploadz.co.uk/334*******inmp8.jpg (http://www.uploadz.co.uk)

Elkaa
16-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Nintendo just lost a bomb. :)

PaulMacC
16-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm so lucky I got mine before all the Mp8's disappeared.

edit; In USA ****tic means silly, basically Nintendo couldnt be bothered to change one word.

CrazyColaist
17-07-2007, 01:25 PM
How sad very sad

Just 1 one big deal my teachers have called me ******ed i didnt care

GommeInc
17-07-2007, 01:27 PM
******* isnt a rude word "/ This was talked about in another thread anyway.

This country sucks.

Oh for God's sake, Habbox has even blocked it. Now that is sad "/

Rizter
17-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Well i wouldnt take any offence to it but obviously it is for children of a young age.

GommeInc
17-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Children call each other fat, stupid, dumb. Heck, dipstick was a word thrown about alot "/ Society nowadays takes words differently, especially when it is a word that isn't exactly said to people and actually true. I doubt they're having muscle spasms some how "/

Neil
17-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't agree that a game should be taken away because of one word but I can kind of understand because it is really another word for something else that can be taken to offence by people that suffer from various things, such a shame really, that game would of sold big in the UK

GommeInc
17-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't agree that a game should be taken away because of one word but I can kind of understand because it is really another word for something else that can be taken to offence by people that suffer from various things, such a shame really, that game would of sold big in the UK
Ah, but it isn't in anyway looking down upon muscle spams, even though the actually health issue isn't exactly a big deal. Now if they made jokes about cancer suffers, for example, Mario has Lung Cancer and they took the widdle out of him, then it would be considered offensive. This isn't in the slightest offensive, because the character is not saying you are having muscles spasms and even if you are, how would he/she know? It's just a petty excuse to remove a game for a petty reason "/

:Hazel
17-07-2007, 02:12 PM
this country is far too PC- thats daft.

Neil
17-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Ah, but it isn't in anyway looking down upon muscle spams, even though the actually health issue isn't exactly a big deal. Now if they made jokes about cancer suffers, for example, Mario has Lung Cancer and they took the widdle out of him, then it would be considered offensive. This isn't in the slightest offensive, because the character is not saying you are having muscles spasms and even if you are, how would he/she know? It's just a petty excuse to remove a game for a petty reason "/

Yea I don't really think a game should be banned because of things like this but people with it may take offence (for whatever reason) which would cause problems for developers and stuff so it's just banned, you are right though, it's not trying to insult people, it's just the Americans using a word that English people would find offensive if generally said even when their meaning of the word is just "silly"

CrazyColaist
17-07-2007, 02:34 PM
The people who do this (take things of or dont give a rating to a game i.e manhunt 2) are
Dull and stupid

Neil
17-07-2007, 02:53 PM
The people who do this (take things of or dont give a rating to a game i.e manhunt 2) are
Dull and stupid

No they're just trying to protect people from things that may not be suitable, with Manhunt 2 they banned it in the UK because younger children playing it started to copy it, it was too violent to be allowed in the UK so they got rid of it

GommeInc
17-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Yea I don't really think a game should be banned because of things like this but people with it may take offence (for whatever reason) which would cause problems for developers and stuff so it's just banned, you are right though, it's not trying to insult people, it's just the Americans using a word that English people would find offensive if generally said even when their meaning of the word is just "silly"
It's not offensive in the UK "/ Although I am talking for London, Essex, Suffolk and East Anglia in general. If they get offensive for that, then pretty much every game on any console should not of dared been sold. Anything could be considered offensive, like in Wario Ware, I could of had a distant relative that was a witch, and I could find witches being made fools of in games offensive "/ I could of had an Italian relative and I could find Nintendo portraying them as a fat man who eats spaghetti hugely offensive.

I fail to see what's so bad about it? It's not exactly an illness muscle spasms, it's a small issue which can be solved. Not as bad as cancer, AIDs etc "/

Some people seriously need to get hit by the reality stick. Banning games because of children is stupid. Simply blame the parents for buying it for them and suggest they're bad parents...

Neil
17-07-2007, 02:59 PM
It's not offensive in the UK "/ Although I am talking for London, Essex, Suffolk and East Anglia in general. If they get offensive for that, then pretty much every game on any console should not of dared been sold. Anything could be considered offensive, like in Wario Ware, I could of had a distant relative that was a witch, and I could find witches being made fools of in games offensive "/ I could of had an Italian relative and I could find Nintendo portraying them as a fat man who eats spaghetti hugely offensive.

I fail to see what's so bad about it? It's not exactly an illness muscle spasms, it's a small issue which can be solved. Not as bad as cancer, AIDs etc "/

Some people seriously need to get hit by the reality stick. Banning games because of children is stupid. Simply blame the parents for buying it for them and suggest they're bad parents...

Yea well some people will find it offensive or rude, I don't know why but it's just how some people are, like how vegetarians think it's wrong to eat meat or something, the problem should just be solved by including "this game contains very minor mature content" or something on the back instead of just removing it

Eric30
19-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I got MP8 on the day it came out, and i think its the best game on the wii so far

Frodo13.
19-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Massive loss for Nintendo. We've seen how specific words, in whatever concept they are used cause offence. This must of caused offence to significant ammount of people for it to be taken of shelves in the first place.

CrazyColaist
19-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Meh game rang me yesterday and i just said ''no i wont give my game back its only one ******* word big deal'' and then they told me stuff which i just ignored.

reindeer.
19-07-2007, 07:15 PM
LOL they asked for the game back?
tell them you don't give a toss and refuse.
and this country is so politically correct, i find it politically incorrect.

GommeInc
20-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Saying something is being politically incorrect is in itself politically incorrect anyway. It's a nanny nation, that word isn't offensive because it isn't targetted at anyone or anything. It's like me saying Gordon Brown is a coco pop, it means nothing other than people who are so damn right petty.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!