PDA

View Full Version : Oh god.. I'm scared :(

Agent 47
17-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I was playing my xbox and I've had 2 power surges in a row, which resulted in my xbox having the 3 red rings of death twice. I'm scared to have it on now, it's not happened since I turned it off and I don't know if it's the Xbox that caused it.. :(

Earthquake.
17-07-2007, 11:32 PM
I was playing my xbox and I've had 2 power surges in a row, which resulted in my xbox having the 3 red rings of death twice. I'm scared to have it on now, it's not happened since I turned it off and I don't know if it's the Xbox that caused it.. :(
What do you mean?

Agent 47
17-07-2007, 11:40 PM
What do you mean 'what do you mean?' I've had 2 power surges (3 now) while my xbox was on, making it have 3 red lights every time. And I think my xbox is causing it but I don't know.

Neil
17-07-2007, 11:45 PM
A power surge could be caused by any number of things and I wouldn't worry about the lights to much at the moment, try again tomorrow or something, turn it on, if it does the lights unplug it for 20-30 mins turn it back on and if the lights come up again call microsoft, I can't imagine it being a problem because I've had power cuts then my xbox coming up with red lights of death and it being completely fine after a little while, it's just the xbox pretty much thinking "ok I just shut down wrong so there must be an error" after a while it should be fine

Earthquake.
17-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Wait thets start from the beginning... What do you mean with these lights, So if your xbox is tuned of three times without warning its ******?

Agent 47
17-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks neil, I'm gonna wait till the morning until I turn it back on, I don't know whats happened. and earthquake, the three red lights mean a hardware failure, and a power surge is when everything electrical that need plugged in turns on and off without warning. For me, 3 times, I had power surges and my Xbox came up with 3 red lights.

Earthquake.
17-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Mate you need to take the xbox back to the shop or get a new power lead, this is one of the problems as reported by the bbc

kyle♥
18-07-2007, 10:33 AM
What do you mean 'what do you mean?' I've had 2 power surges (3 now) while my xbox was on, making it have 3 red lights every time. And I think my xbox is causing it but I don't know.

My bros xbox has had red rings tons of times, I'm like wth?
but it still works like it's new. I don't think it's anything to worry 'bout dude.

Neil
18-07-2007, 07:02 PM
How did things turn out with your xbox then?

GoldenMerc
18-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Ive had this i got to send it to MS

.:!Robbo!:.
18-07-2007, 07:19 PM
ok earthquake, how would you know to take it back to shop? or get a new power lead? When you asked if the xbox is F****d when you turn it off Three times without warning? and didn't have a clue what the red rings wer?

Earthquake.
18-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Because BBC were speaking about the power serges and problems with the new xbox 360...

Agent 47
18-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Its fine now, I left it off overnight and it's better. Apparently it wasn't just me that had power problems, people in my block of flats had them aswell.

Earthquake.
18-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Its fine now, I left it off overnight and it's better. Apparently it wasn't just me that had power problems, people in my block of flats had them aswell.
Oh praise the lord

awelsh
18-07-2007, 08:20 PM
thought my ps3 was doing this too a while ago :P

turned out that it was one side of the toaster, whenever I turned the ps3 back on someone would put the toast in and the power would trip, I was like hmmmmm maybe one more time for fun :D

stupid toaster ruining my online game at the time :(

CrazyColaist
18-07-2007, 08:21 PM
happened to me about 6 times it goes ok nothing wrong with myine

CrazyColaist
19-07-2007, 11:21 AM

the lead into the brick from the 360 is very senstive.

Edited by Elkaa (Forum Moderator): Please do not double post.

reindeer.
19-07-2007, 07:23 PM
if the light on the power box is GREEN while the xbox is ON, you have a hardware failure, 3 red lights or not.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!