PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim 04

Mexel
18-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Omg how can a game be so hard?!
How do you know what direction to go to get to a country?!
How do you know when to land?!

Omg i even failed the flying tests!

Help please =[

sock
18-07-2007, 06:28 PM
well, it just is, they try and make it as reaalistic as possible, you just really have to keep trying and complete the flying lessons, To navigate you use either gps or fmc, FMC is only availible on payware aircraft, but gps you can either click a symbol on instrument panel or when you've started your flight press alt on your keyboard then go to views --> instrument panel --> gps and that'll come up, remember that on the create a flight screen that you have to select your route in the flight planner, not by pressing the locaton you want. To land, all I can say is.. keep doing the flying lessons + if you want to do an ils landing easy. Press ALT on your keyboard then aircraft then visual flight path, then tick the boxes and select what height you want them to appear, then go on www.fscharts.com and find out the runway your landing ons ILS. enter that number into the NAV1 box on your radio stack. To get your radio stack up, do the same as to get gps, but instead of pressing gps press radio stack. Remember that when your coming in, look around if you can see the boxes as you may not be able to spot them straight ahead of you, then try and get into the red rectangles and follow them, keep following them and go through them and you'll be directed to the runway, if you keep going through them you'll definately get it on the runway, and if your in a cessna try and keep your speed down to 60-80 knots on finals, to get a good landing speed.

Hope that helps, any problems PM me and maybe I could talk to your on MSN if your having trouble? anyway, hope it helps, Cody.

Mr Macro
18-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I so wan't this game.Is it online, are the flight times realistic ?

HotelUser
18-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I so wan't this game.Is it online, are the flight times realistic ?

After you get a copy of either the 2002 2004 or X version you can head over to http://vatsim.net and it lets you play online.

OmgitsAmanda
18-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm like the same, I couldnt even fly Liverpool to Manchester lols
So I gave up in the end :( and now the game and joystick are just gathering dust.

Kenneth
18-07-2007, 09:31 PM
well, it just is, they try and make it as reaalistic as possible, you just really have to keep trying and complete the flying lessons, To navigate you use either gps or fmc, FMC is only availible on payware aircraft, but gps you can either click a symbol on instrument panel or when you've started your flight press alt on your keyboard then go to views --> instrument panel --> gps and that'll come up, remember that on the create a flight screen that you have to select your route in the flight planner, not by pressing the locaton you want. To land, all I can say is.. keep doing the flying lessons + if you want to do an ils landing easy. Press ALT on your keyboard then aircraft then visual flight path, then tick the boxes and select what height you want them to appear, then go on www.fscharts.com and find out the runway your landing ons ILS. enter that number into the NAV1 box on your radio stack. To get your radio stack up, do the same as to get gps, but instead of pressing gps press radio stack. Remember that when your coming in, look around if you can see the boxes as you may not be able to spot them straight ahead of you, then try and get into the red rectangles and follow them, keep following them and go through them and you'll be directed to the runway, if you keep going through them you'll definately get it on the runway, and if your in a cessna try and keep your speed down to 60-80 knots on finals, to get a good landing speed.

Hope that helps, any problems PM me and maybe I could talk to your on MSN if your having trouble? anyway, hope it helps, Cody.
Please. The FREEWARE Ifly 747 has a FMC and a few fw planes do mind you.

today
19-07-2007, 11:31 AM
i never get how to work the gps it doesnt seem to help me go in the right direction :O

sock
19-07-2007, 02:24 PM
hollywood, u need to enter your flight plan on the create a flight screen then follow the trail, if you stay on the trail ull get there :]

Adam!
20-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm like the same, I couldnt even fly Liverpool to Manchester lols
So I gave up in the end :( and now the game and joystick are just gathering dust.

Get it back out and try again lol :D

It's bare easy tbh.. Whoever needs help PM me and i'll help everyone at the same time - Saving me alot of time.

xxMATTGxx
20-07-2007, 07:34 PM
FMC will be the thing you most need to learn when you start flying on VATSIM. I'm currently doing my first FMC flight, everything is going well so far. Thanks to Adam for some information :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!