PDA

View Full Version : [360]

Wiley
18-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Ye well its kind of to do wif games init.

Anyway

Can you get xbox live wireless in your house?

Is tht possible?

If so with what etc..

Ill +Rep all decent answers not just "yes" tyty

<3 ;D

Rizter
18-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I have had no experience with an xbox but with a PS3 you can. You need to purchase a 'router' which will make your internet connection wireless to within a certain range of your computer. You then enter the information of your computer into the settings on your console, which enables your console to connect to your internet connection wirelessly. Obviously someone with an XBOX could explain the settings needed etc better than I can :)

Wiley
18-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Yes but then what im saying is do you need something for it to connect.

Because your pretty much saying you dont need anythign except ur wireless details.

Fez
18-07-2007, 07:48 PM
You need a Wireless Adapter if you wanna go wireless

mangle
18-07-2007, 07:52 PM
What purpleness said

Its around about 50 quid , complete rip off imo.

Wiley
18-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Link me to one please.

Fez
18-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Link me to one please.
http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11273&mid=327033
Thar you go

Wiley
18-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Alright cheers.

All been repped no more posts.

Well if u do u aint getting repped ;D

Neil
18-07-2007, 08:03 PM
If you buy that wireless thing I suggest you follow the manual to the letter because I know a lot of people that couldn't get online with xbox 360 with a wireless connection because they couldn't figure out the adapter and the settings needed, you may need the network administrator (or whoever knows the most about your network) so they can set things up if they don't work automatically

Fez
18-07-2007, 08:05 PM
A wired connection is more stable anyway.

Wiley
18-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I cant play with a wired connection.

Because the thing is its all set up but i cant play it because my router is in the living room. And my xbox is in my room. Mum wont let me take xbox in living room to play so i need to ge a wireless one so it dont run all through the house an get ripped out when someone trips over it. :p

Fez
18-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Get a 20m Ethernet cable, and make a hole in the flooor

SIMPAL

Neil
18-07-2007, 08:14 PM

Because the thing is its all set up but i cant play it because my router is in the living room. And my xbox is in my room. Mum wont let me take xbox in living room to play so i need to ge a wireless one so it dont run all through the house an get ripped out when someone trips over it. :p

My uncle got a pretty cool router because he has two 360s in his house (one is his and one I use) and he couldn't afford 2 wireless adapters so he has a wireless router that you can use wires on, this way he can connect both xboxs and both PC's to the internet, not sure where he got it though

Wiley
18-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I have netgear router which is wireless but as i said im not having wires running all through the house.

And im not drilling a hole in the floor loool

Fez
18-07-2007, 08:22 PM
ooooh.... then why did I go into that guy's house and drill a hole in his house....

*LOL*

If you really, really, really, really, really need a wireless connection, I'd recommend a very pricey router, unless it is already quite expensive.

Wiley
18-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I just said i have a wireless router. ;/

Fez
18-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Okay.......

Theres a site you can check how fast your router would be.. I think Neil knows it....

Neil
18-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Okay.......

Theres a site you can check how fast your router would be.. I think Neil knows it....

This one I guess you're thinking about?

www.speedtest.net

Pixel
18-07-2007, 09:20 PM

I got the same problem, I've had to use the xbox online in the room next to my dads office with the wired connection but I found something that looks really good and might work for you. They are called homeplugs, basically you plug this adapter into your plug socket, then plug a cable from your router into the adapter. Now in the room with your xbox you plug in the second adapter and then connect it to your xbox using the 2nd cable.
Sorry i'm not very good at explaining things like this but this pic might help

http://download.devolo.biz/webcms/0020082001158137403/awb_1_uk.jpg
Just imagine the tv set top box is your xbox and that basically shows how it works

Here's a link to the one i'm thinking of buying (http://www.devolo.co.uk/uk_EN/produkte/dLAN/mldlanhsstarterkit.html)
You can get a 200mbps one aswell

kyle♥
18-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Wireless Networking Adaptar is what I have an it's better than the Ethernet lead. All you need is the settings for your computer Run > cmd > type in "ipconfig" then edit your settings and with your ip and gateway and everything, then buy xbox live gold. Should work.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!