PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

<3
21-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I know this is a bit of a noobie question but this is probably the best play to ask lool.

You get the different armour tiers, but how do you get them? I'm approaching the higher levels and nobody's really made it clear to me yet :P

stevieman07
21-07-2007, 08:28 PM
You've got to earn them? (guess) sorry if im so help, im new.. :P

Nemo
21-07-2007, 08:36 PM
i THINK you get them from doing raids (like kara) and also i think u gotta get like tokens if u no wot i mean and give them in somewhere, im not entirely sure

Elkaa
21-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Tier 1: Molten Core (40 man raid, level 60 instance, PRE-TBC)
Tier 2: Blackwing Lair (40 man raid, level 60 instance, PRE-TBC)
Tier 2.5: Ahn'Qurji (40 man raid, level 60 instance, PRE-TBC)
Tier 3: Naxxramas (40 man raid, level 60 instance, PRE-TBC)
Tier 3.5: 5 man parties, mostly on heroic. (5 man party, TBC)
Tier 4: Karazhan + Gruuls Lair (10 and 25 man raid, level 70 instance, TBC)

Tier 5 and above you won't get near, until doing the Tier 4. You're also unlikely to bother with Tier 1/2/3 as TBC Greens/Blues/Craftable Epics are better quality than most. The raids most of the time require guilds, lots of preperation and alot of time. Those are end-game bosses and aren't easily defeated, unless you're going to take 40 level 70's to Molten Core, in which case you'll wipe the floor with the instance, even if you go near naked.

Charles
21-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Pretty much the same as Elkaa's post:

# Dungeon set 1: Players can acquire this set from Stratholme, Scholomance and Blackrock Spire.
# Dungeon set 2: Players with set 1 can upgrade to this set by completing a new quest series.
# Dungeon set 3: These sets can be found in the level 70 wings of dungeons throughout Outland.
# Tier 1 raid set: These sets are obtained from Molten Core.
# Tier 2 raid set: This armor is found inside Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair and Blackwing Lair.
# Tier 3 raid set: This armor is found in Naxxramas.
# Tier 4 raid set: This armor can be obtained from Asuur (Aldor) or Arodis Sunblade (Scryer) in Shattrath City using tokens obtained from Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, and Magtheridon's Lair.
# Tier 5 raid set: This armor can be obtained from Kelara (Aldor) or Veynna Dawnstar (Scryer) in Shattrath City using tokens obtained from Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep.
# Tier 6 raid set*: This armor can be obtained from Tydormu in Hyjal (Caverns of Time) using tokens obtained from The Black Temple and Mount Hyjal (Caverns of Time).

(http://wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/armorsets/)

Kind of a copy and paste job really.

Anarchy
21-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Some of them sets are pretty damn sweet.

<3
22-07-2007, 06:52 AM
I know most of the basic stuff like where to get them, but when I start raiding with a clan, will I have to keep going back about 5000 times to complete the set?

(Mainly my fault I was a little vague in the post :p)

ilove2spam
22-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Depends all on luck. You can get nothing from 1 run and 10 epics from another. Depending on the raid ofc

stevieman07
22-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Depends all on luck. You can get nothing from 1 run and 10 epics from another. Depending on the raid ofc
true.....

Edited by Elkaa (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Elkaa
22-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I know most of the basic stuff like where to get them, but when I start raiding with a clan, will I have to keep going back about 5000 times to complete the set?

(Mainly my fault I was a little vague in the post :p)

Most guilds use "DKP". Each time you go, you get points. So, for example, if I went to Karazhan 5 times, I'd get 50 points. You then spend them point on an item you want, you either bid, or the person with the most gets the item.

Otherwise, you just /roll for the item - That way you can get from 0 epics in 5 weeks, to all the epics in just one run. DKP is alot fairer.

ilove2spam
22-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Most guilds use "DKP". Each time you go, you get points. So, for example, if I went to Karazhan 5 times, I'd get 50 points. You then spend them point on an item you want, you either bid, or the person with the most gets the item.

Otherwise, you just /roll for the item - That way you can get from 0 epics in 5 weeks, to all the epics in just one run. DKP is alot fairer.

Your also living in the past, hardly anyone uses DKP anymore. tbh

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!