PDA

View Full Version : More FS Queries +REP

myke
22-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Mwhahaha!!

I'm getting into Fs now, it's hard but funnnn!!

I can do some kl stuff now but 747's etc are hard to land ;[

Anyhoo..

I downloaded some planes but they took ages to change views so I deleted them, is there a way to stop the lagg?
I have a vatsim id etc. now and I logged on last night to observe, most airports were empty, which are most busiest?
Do I connect to "voice servers" or just normal "servers"?
How do I speak to an atc using squawkbox?
How do I rotate views, say I'm in spot plane view and want to see the other side of the craft, how can I do that?

xxMATTGxx
22-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Mwhahaha!!

I'm getting into Fs now, it's hard but funnnn!!

I can do some kl stuff now but 747's etc are hard to land ;[

Anyhoo..

I downloaded some planes but they took ages to change views so I deleted them, is there a way to stop the lagg?
I have a vatsim id etc. now and I logged on last night to observe, most airports were empty, which are most busiest?
Do I connect to "voice servers" or just normal "servers"?
How do I speak to an atc using squawkbox?
How do I rotate views, say I'm in spot plane view and want to see the other side of the craft, how can I do that?

1. Which site did you download these planes from? Most are lag-free or at all maybe its your system not so sure.

2. Download a program called "ServInfo" when you have it run it and click "VATSIM" then click the tabs etc to see where people are in the world.

3. You can create voice servers with other people but if you want to connect to ATC. You have to tune into their frequency which you see with ATC online with your squawkbox like EGCC_TWR [Freq here]

4. Use your Num pad to move around in spot view like 5 is the top view etc. Then press "S" to move back into the cockpit etc.

I missed the voice one out as I need to check my flight sim. Someone like Adam or someone else will answer the questions in more detail.

Scania
22-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Everything matt said is correct.

(5) - Once tuned into th ATC's frequency, hold in scroll lock :)

Adam!
22-07-2007, 04:26 PM
1. Not really, just all depends on your CPU specs and the planes.
2. Heathrow, Gatwick, Charles de Gaulle, JFK New York - etc..
3. With squawkbox the easiest thing to do is .com1 frequency - You can find the frequency usng the controlers list which is displayed in a box on the right hand side of squawkbox :)
4. Scroll lock is the default PTT key (Push to talk) - You hold it in and speak, when your transmission is finished you let go.. Like a walkie talkie ;)
5. Right click and select a view.

myke
22-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks all, just done my first flight for UPSVA uploading screenshot right now :D

Landing was manky but meh; I can't fly jets.

Yoshimitsui
22-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Sorry to intrude the thread. But where do you get this 'servinfo' programme ? And can you listen/watch without having FS installed?

Thanks, Yoshi.

Adam!
22-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Sorry to intrude the thread. But where do you get this 'servinfo' programme ? And can you listen/watch without having FS installed?

Thanks, Yoshi.
http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/servinfo/downloads.htm

And using VRC, www.vatsim.net -> controler software

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!