PDA

View Full Version : Habbo advertising AOL Messenger

CrazyColaist
22-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I would rather have Habbo advertising Windows live

http://i17.tinypic.com/66kiqtz.png

GommeInc
22-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Isn't AOL messenger just spyware? Like Real Media player is picked up on most scanners as spyware, such as Ad-Aware.

WLM is much better.

Elkaa
22-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I dont think Windows Live Messenger needs the advertising, word of mouth does that for them. ;)

Foobar
22-07-2007, 10:47 PM
There's nothing wrong with AOL messenger.

jrh2002
22-07-2007, 11:03 PM
They tell you not to give out im addys but then advertise it :s they seem to do this a lot which shows that they take money with out caring about the habbo way T & Cs :s ah well nothing suprises me with habbo.

Elkaa
22-07-2007, 11:05 PM
They tell you not to give out im addys but then advertise it :s they seem to do this a lot which shows that they take money with out caring about the habbo way T & Cs :s ah well nothing suprises me with habbo.

Now that is very true of late. They seem to be either losing money so doing whatever they can to get the profits back up, or are starting to ignore rules that were put inplace earlier on, to make more money than they already are.

jrh2002
22-07-2007, 11:08 PM
its all about money now :( the fun has long gone.

the best advertising on habbo was crazy frog lol the tv and magazine adverts covered up his penis but habbo never bothered haha it was on there for a while even with all the complaints :s

Mexel
22-07-2007, 11:39 PM

the best advertising on habbo was crazy frog lol the tv and magazine adverts covered up his penis but habbo never bothered haha it was on there for a while even with all the complaints :s

LOL I REMEMBER THAT

Earthquake
22-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Needs they will advertise Gay TV :( ...And won't cother up the dirty parts :'(

Good find.. I need some time on my own :'(

Pitch
22-07-2007, 11:45 PM

Habbo went from easily having 10000 at any time (15,000 was common!) under callie, to around 5000, possibly 6 at the maximum.

Obviously, their profits will be seriously slit because of this, cause I doubt the other hotels have gained this back for sulake, either way even if the other hotels have, habbo uk have gone from the revenue of 15,000+ people online at one time, to 5000+ online at one time, so unless they do get more revenue, questions will be asked.. and as sulake have shareholders to answer to.. heads will likely roll unless its sorted!

CrazyColaist
22-07-2007, 11:46 PM
LOL I watch gay tv 10 times :P just the previews.

Earthquake
22-07-2007, 11:48 PM
You do have to think of the clones are now harder and harder so thats 10% of the members gone, And then you will have to think most people have left due to GCSE's and stuff, But then again :( Lost_witness is the worst hotel manager... And no one can argue agaisnt that... Well thets just say the best event has been the pixel maze, And even helkat hosted most of it..

Mexel
22-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Habbo went from easily having 10000 at any time (15,000 was common!) under callie, to around 5000, possibly 6 at the maximum.

Obviously, their profits will be seriously slit because of this, cause I doubt the other hotels have gained this back for sulake, either way even if the other hotels have, habbo uk have gone from the revenue of 15,000+ people online at one time, to 5000+ online at one time, so unless they do get more revenue, questions will be asked.. and as sulake have shareholders to answer to.. heads will likely roll unless its sorted!

But Callie was crap lol. I also noticed this though.

Earthquake
22-07-2007, 11:55 PM
But Callie was crap lol. I also noticed this though.
Callie was a good in a bad way, She brang much excitement :]!

CrazyColaist
22-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Callie was a great person its lost_Witness he isnt as fun tbh. (sorry chris)

Pitch
22-07-2007, 11:59 PM
you do notice though, without even being mentioned she was brought in.

Other hotel managers are "famous", shes "infamous". Everyone knew her, cause of all the buggering alerts, and she was more community based. Also popular cause she was so lax with giving otu furni which lead to her downfall too!! but oh well

CrazyColaist
22-07-2007, 11:59 PM

Ive sent that in a c4h and i got a reply

''there are 5 speaking hotels''

wasnt there when callie was around?

im deciding to send that as a email.

Pitch
23-07-2007, 12:01 AM
5? UK, US, CA ? And if they want to word it that way, During callies "reign", i bet the overal amount of people on english speaking hotels was more than it is now.

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Forum Moderator): Posts merged due to forum lag.

Mexel
23-07-2007, 12:06 AM
5? UK, US, CA ? And if they want to word it that way, During callies "reign", i bet the overal amount of people on english speaking hotels was more than it is now.

USA UK CA SG .AU

CrazyColaist
23-07-2007, 12:24 AM
we had that when callie was around

In the past few months there has been alot of changed to sulake's chatrooms and there are far to many which are bad

I would like to start of with the versions
We have a version nearly once a month and it is far out of hand.
V13 v14 v15 released in one year (counting from Habbo finland)
and it is far to confusing whats what.

--------Were 13 not 2---------

Why the hell cant you be honest guys?
Callie's departure and with the hc dances getting ****** up
Why could of you just said ''Callie has been fired for certain reasons we will not discuss'' we would be fine for that
Hc dances
Few weeks ago HC Dances had a cockup getting all out of order (i.e pongo mongo is the rollie)
Why could of you just said ''we have a error in our HC Dance system please deal wiv it'' and im sure we would not the excuse you said last time

---------------Callies departure Boring hotel manger--------------

This time last year we will only have chris

I find him Dull He does nothing. Pixel maze Helkat done most of it anyway

Since callies depature Now read this bit

WHEN CALLIE WAS AROUND WE HAD 16,000 VISTORS
AT THE MINUTE WE HAVE ONLY 4,000-6,000 VISTORS
and thats during peak time

------------Money Money Money more money for meee-----------------

When habbo opened it wasnt about money
it was about fun meeting new people
All you do is think about money now. who cares? We have our own lives. You get FAR to much as it is.

----------------------Aol and Advertising-------------------------

*** you tell us not to do tell our emails
your breaking your own rules sulake your advertising AOL Messenger
Which is rather pathetic realy. Think

-------------------Better campaigns please----------------------

Can we have a Gay pride week like CALLIE surgested but your homophobic anyway Im sure we have loads to volunteer (Me F!re Pype enternalmasque etc etc)

Cant we have like minute silence or at least a ''one minute cut off'' about 9/11 to remember the people who died least pay some respects for them

Pitch
23-07-2007, 12:40 AM
we had that when callie was around

In the past few months there has been alot of changed to sulake's chatrooms and there are far to many which are bad

I would like to start of with the versions
We have a version nearly once a month and it is far out of hand.
V13 v14 v15 released in one year (counting from Habbo finland)
and it is far to confusing whats what.

Why could of you just said ''Callie has been fired for certain reasons we will not discuss'' we would be fine for that
Hc dances
Few weeks ago HC Dances had a cockup getting all out of order (i.e pongo mongo is the rollie)
Why could of you just said ''we have a error in our HC Dance system please deal wiv it'' and im sure we would not the excuse you said last time

and thats during peak time

All you do is think about money now. who cares? We have our own lives. You get FAR to much as it is.

Can we have a Gay pride week like CALLIE surgested but your homophobic anyway Im sure we have loads to volunteer (Me F!re Pype enternalmasque etc etc)

Cant we have like minute silence or at least a ''one minute cut off'' about 9/11 to remember the people who died least pay some respects for them

The original habbo was a company; companies oddly enough are there to make money, or make something (changes). Clearly, by selling nothing for something, all they originally planned for was to make money. How would a better campaign be gay pride week? Campaigns arent about what makes you happy, its whats most enthralling to the most people, and gay pride might be fun for you, and 7 other people, but what about the rest? What about people whos dad left their mum to be gay, would they take part? Habbo "campaigns" are supposed to be accessible to everyone, and not just tailored so that only certain people can take part and "have a blast"

Phreedom
23-07-2007, 02:12 AM
they aren't breaking their own rules on the giving out IM addys. Where does it say to give out addys? Its just advertising so people download AIM.

Also habbo sucks ftw.

DJ-Vimto
23-07-2007, 05:30 AM
they aren't breaking their own rules on the giving out IM addys. Where does it say to give out addys? Its just advertising so people download AIM.

Also habbo sucks ftw.

yes but imagine this scenario...

boy meets girl in a room:

boy: hi
girl: hey!
boy: u seen dat aol add on the homepage?
girl: yeah, i downloaded it
boy: cool! me too
girl: whats ur addy?

and thats how by advertising AOL messenger, they are provoking people into breaking the habbo way

dbgtz
23-07-2007, 07:54 AM
I think whats happening is people leave, but no one starts. It could also be lost_witness is not as good as callie, or sulake is moving things too quickly and there is nothing special anymore, I liked v9 because you got the big rooms :).
Anyway they are dumb for having that ad.

:Act
23-07-2007, 09:27 AM
I know it's all very well and good pointing fingers, however, I am sure that all the staff are well aware of your concerns AND about the dwindling numbers, but im sure they have a good reason for not sorting it faster? I mean, they're paid to do it, so something must be stopping them. To be honest, i think they're still feeling the backlash of when that guy 'groomed' 2 girls thru habbo [was all explained in that telegraph article a while back], and the increased security and amount of scams will be getting on top of them.
I think though, the main thing Habbo need to do is get word out. The original members of Habbo spread it by word of mouth. Now they are gone, and the whole idea of a chatroom is very much taboo nowadays, and so i think you'll find most ppl play Habbo secretly without telling friends, as they will probably see it as a geeky chatroom style idea. This needs to be changed, and the best way is through TV adverts and posters/billboards. Also, more acessible reviews need to be written about it, so I would suggest to staff to subtly hint to major papers about this phenomenon and encourage them to write about it, and also they need to do more promotions. It's all well and good having a black laser gate given out free when you buy £10 Ukash, however, only ppl hu use habbo know about that. If it was advertised in the store where u can buy it, people may either be more inclined to buy it, OR more inclined to even start playing as they may wonder what Habbo is.
However, they are starting to make the right moves i feel with having the AdviceBerg, Frank infobus, and Tech Experts who give advice on general computer safety.
Yet, i do still feel that something is lacking. That original feeling we got when we all first started playing has disappeared, and it needs to come back. I must congratulate staff on their excellent games and quests [Habbo Talent, Pixel Maze, Japan Quest, Habboween etc] however i do feel that they need to address more wordly issues through quests and the like. The idea of a Gay Pride week where they can give more information on homosexuality and dispell common myths that induce the onset of homophobia would be a huge success i think. References to 9/11 on the day with perhaps a 1 minute silence on the hotel, or at least an alert saying "Dont forget to take some time to remember the victims of 9/11" or the July bombings. There are so many real life things going on all the time that i feel need to be addressed in something as influential as Habbo.
Sorry i took up so much room, but I think this is a topic that needs serious consideration by staff and habbo's alike. I'm sure some people find these ideas ridiculous, others clever, but we all need to give and take a little here and there to increase the popularity of this game :)

@xP
23-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Tbh, i find it quite pathetic that we can't give out emails, but they advertise AOL Messenger..

:job2
23-07-2007, 10:05 AM
I know it's all very well and good pointing fingers, however, I am sure that all the staff are well aware of your concerns AND about the dwindling numbers, but im sure they have a good reason for not sorting it faster? I mean, they're paid to do it, so something must be stopping them. To be honest, i think they're still feeling the backlash of when that guy 'groomed' 2 girls thru habbo [was all explained in that telegraph article a while back], and the increased security and amount of scams will be getting on top of them.
I think though, the main thing Habbo need to do is get word out. The original members of Habbo spread it by word of mouth. Now they are gone, and the whole idea of a chatroom is very much taboo nowadays, and so i think you'll find most ppl play Habbo secretly without telling friends, as they will probably see it as a geeky chatroom style idea. This needs to be changed, and the best way is through TV adverts and posters/billboards. Also, more acessible reviews need to be written about it, so I would suggest to staff to subtly hint to major papers about this phenomenon and encourage them to write about it, and also they need to do more promotions. It's all well and good having a black laser gate given out free when you buy £10 Ukash, however, only ppl hu use habbo know about that. If it was advertised in the store where u can buy it, people may either be more inclined to buy it, OR more inclined to even start playing as they may wonder what Habbo is.
However, they are starting to make the right moves i feel with having the AdviceBerg, Frank infobus, and Tech Experts who give advice on general computer safety.
Yet, i do still feel that something is lacking. That original feeling we got when we all first started playing has disappeared, and it needs to come back. I must congratulate staff on their excellent games and quests [Habbo Talent, Pixel Maze, Japan Quest, Habboween etc] however i do feel that they need to address more wordly issues through quests and the like. The idea of a Gay Pride week where they can give more information on homosexuality and dispell common myths that induce the onset of homophobia would be a huge success i think. References to 9/11 on the day with perhaps a 1 minute silence on the hotel, or at least an alert saying "Dont forget to take some time to remember the victims of 9/11" or the July bombings. There are so many real life things going on all the time that i feel need to be addressed in something as influential as Habbo.
Sorry i took up so much room, but I think this is a topic that needs serious consideration by staff and habbo's alike. I'm sure some people find these ideas ridiculous, others clever, but we all need to give and take a little here and there to increase the popularity of this game :)

I couldnt agree more to that. Thing is though sulake AND habbo staff dont care about any of us anymore, to them we are £10 notes with legs. Habbo dont care who we are, where were from, weather or not we have been hacked or scammed because they think oh well if you leave someone else will join, but they have done this for too long and now more people are going than coming. I mean look at the constant desperate attempts to try and get us to tell our friends about habbo, there even adding buttons everywhere 'tell your friend' or 'free paper with your habbo on to show your friends'. Habbo UK is going downhill fast and unless they start doing something about it the hotel might even end up closed or something. Habbo UK used to be 1 of the most popular in the world and now we get the same amount of visitors as some of the hotels which are new. Sulake might be getting bigger all the time but our UK hotel is getting smaller. I think its about time habbo started listening to what we have to say rather than what they think we have to say.

Shawnstra
23-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Nice find. I hope Habbo UK gets back to its 15 000, maybe advertising on things like WLM might help.

!!HM!!
23-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I couldnt agree more to that. Thing is though sulake AND habbo staff dont care about any of us anymore, to them we are £10 notes with legs. Habbo dont care who we are, where were from, weather or not we have been hacked or scammed because they think oh well if you leave someone else will join, but they have done this for too long and now more people are going than coming. I mean look at the constant desperate attempts to try and get us to tell our friends about habbo, there even adding buttons everywhere 'tell your friend' or 'free paper with your habbo on to show your friends'. Habbo UK is going downhill fast and unless they start doing something about it the hotel might even end up closed or something. Habbo UK used to be 1 of the most popular in the world and now we get the same amount of visitors as some of the hotels which are new. Sulake might be getting bigger all the time but our UK hotel is getting smaller. I think its about time habbo started listening to what we have to say rather than what they think we have to say.
cba to read all :acts and :job2 lol

Anyway can't they get sued for this?

edit: doomsboy, they already had advertisements on Hotmail, aint sure about msn site

:job2
23-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Habbo advertise quite a lot on windows live messenger, down at the botom :)

e5..
23-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Isn't AOL messenger just spyware? Like Real Media player is picked up on most scanners as spyware, such as Ad-Aware.

WLM is much better.
AOL pwns.

CrazyColaist
23-07-2007, 11:00 AM
AOL Sucks it isnt popular anymore. nor is there boardband that sucks

Coldtrix
23-07-2007, 11:24 AM
What I've heard many people say about this Sulake money-making business, is of course these stupid adverts that go against their own rules, love AOL though. And also, whats with the furni? All they do is release, release and release now..
I stopped coming on, then came back to see my DJ DECK worth a few thrones a few months ago is now worth like 2 HC?

Whats with the release of furni all the time? It looks a bit desperate to me...

<3
23-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Let me explain how Sulake works with adverts... LOL. Sulake don't just roam through Google or other search engines and say "Oh! That's a pretty banner, lets put it on Habbo!"

Businesses go to Habbo and they agree on a price for a certain type of advert. Habbo will advertise anything if the price is right... I remember them advertising IMVU which says it's better than Habbo, and at one point they were advertising Runescape.

If MSN wanted advertisements they would speak to Sulake about it, but they don't need the advertising, as Elkaa rightly said, MSN gets enough advertising from word of mouth.

Earthquake
23-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Look can we just leave this argument alone, We all know its against the Habbo Way (World Attacks you) to give your ADDY, But some company's need advertising and as Habbo is a teen website and AOL is more of a teen going web, I think they've paid slake to do this to make their I'M more noticeable in the teen world. << If you understand all that, your understand theirs no need to argue as your not arguing against nothing.

CrazyColaist
24-07-2007, 09:04 AM
there isnt a arugement
its a debate.

Barmi
24-07-2007, 09:15 AM
To be honest I don't see the problem. If Habbo deemed it unacceptable then they wouldn't display the advertisement. The advert is not condoning Habbos swapping IM details, but rather introducing Habbos to an IM service. Many Habbos use IMs and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as they don't swap their IM details through the Hotel.

Would you accept AOL who offered to pay you £10, or the Barbie who offered only £1? Which pays more? Which is more suitable for the target audience?

there isnt a arugement
its a debate.
To participate in a debate you must put forward a logical argument, so in this context they are virtually synonymous.

Shark
24-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Tbh i think Habbo uk kinda went under when they introduced Group badges, Its kinda took the whole excitement of earning badges witch was a big thing in Habbo

Pitch
24-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Tbh i think Habbo uk kinda went under when they introduced Group badges, Its kinda took the whole excitement of earning badges witch was a big thing in Habbo

A valid contribution, to the discussion about the AOL advert. Sulake do care about where we are from, what we do, they build an extensive knowledge about each and every user. The problem is, that is only used to attract advertisers, not to enhance the site. You may also find, we see different adverts to people from different countries who login to habbo. The one thing sulake did right since sacking/letting callie leave (HUGE MISTAKE) is getting rid of those hell annoying ads between rooms; with those habbo would be at about 1k users.

GommeInc
26-07-2007, 09:25 PM

Hc dances

- Habbo is a company, some companies, possibly ALL are not allowed to tell customers why a staff member was fired. It is considered professional.
- What has the dances go to do with anything.
- What was the excuse used last time about the dances?

and thats during peak time.
- I think the large amounts of hotels opening have split up the wordwide Habbo users who once visited the UK and they have now gone to their own.
- I definitely agree with you when you say there are no good events and that the Hotel Manager is a useless fart. He does nothing with competitions and socialising. At least other staff members sometimes do and all the previous HMs did.
- The largest amount of Habbos on the UK hotel I believe was 13,000? It might of been 15,000 though.

- I do agree, the prices of furniture now is terrible. Seasonals used to cost the same as regular catalogue furniture, now they cost alot in their own unique way... What is the point in that?! People liked seasonals etc because they were affordable.
- I remember when Jibbi was in reign, she made it very fun with The Habbo Games (or Habbo Olympics) which got most of the hotel involved. They'll never do such an event again, because they're too boring and go by an annoying schedule.

The advertising is a bit stupid now, they should find sponsors and have a company name an item of furniture. They do control the adverts I believe anyway "/

- The Gay Pride idea is stupid and will just cause arguments. "Oh look at me, I am gay and showing off!" I really do not care and no one else does. You would definitely get a good flaming.

- The one minute cut off is pointless, because remembering something won't bring them back. What's done is done.

Fez
26-07-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't blame the community managers, I blame this generation of kids. They always want something new and shiny, something big and bright. Chris is trying his best and well I have actually heard that he's going through depression atm due to literally thousands and thousands of hate mail, I think we drove Callie to leave and we gonna drive Chris to leave unless we sort ourselves out.

LET'S ALL BAKE A CAKE FOR LOSTIE!

Pyroka
26-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Nah I have a feeling Chris won't leave lol, anytime soon. :P He's been on Habbo since '01, it'd take something big to make him leave. Lol at the cake tbh... Weird how they're advertising AOL (America On Line) on a UK website? I see the sense in what they're doing, AIM messenger is highly popular with some people in the UK and they're trying to make it more popular like you do in any advertisement. Sulake just accepted AOL I guess, and wern't too arsed about it.

CrazyColaist
26-07-2007, 10:16 PM
- The Gay Pride idea is stupid and will just cause arguments. "Oh look at me, I am gay and showing off!" I really do not care and no one else does. You would definitely get a good flaming.
On .ca we orgnised a gay pride event and we had no ploblems.

GommeInc
26-07-2007, 10:46 PM
That's a tiny hotel in comparison to the UK. Besides, it still doesn't credit the fact that Gay Pride itself is a problem to itself. So what if you're gay? It means little to anyone anymore. It's like me running around saying I am tall or called Dame Judi Dench "/ To be honest, people who think running around screaming about Gay Pride deserved to be flamed, and I bet most the people going to a Gay Pride festival on Habbo are going because they have nothing better to do, rather than what it is meant to seen as.

Pitch
29-07-2007, 10:16 PM
and people who are on habbo in the first place do it instead of something incredibly important, their wedding for example.

Black_Apalachi
29-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Lol remember when MSN advertised Habbo :P. The point about sharing addies is so true :rolleyes:.

Adam!
29-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Nah I have a feeling Chris won't leave lol, anytime soon. :P He's been on Habbo since '01, it'd take something big to make him leave. Lol at the cake tbh... Weird how they're advertising AOL (America On Line) on a UK website? I see the sense in what they're doing, AIM messenger is highly popular with some people in the UK and they're trying to make it more popular like you do in any advertisement. Sulake just accepted AOL I guess, and wern't too arsed about it.

AOL is also a UK company, so that explains why!

danny-dyer
25-08-2007, 12:21 AM
kwl good for aol :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!